Borla xs pro

Momogt26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Anyone ever used these muffler. How's the drone. I have a mid mounted muffler a Flowmaster 40 series with a sr muffler delete axle back. It sounds good but the Flowmaster drone thinking the borla xs pro might be better
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Just get the S type.

OP
OP
Momogt26

Momogt26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Want something that's not to loud how loud are a types

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The muffler delete is most of the drone, but the Flowmaster midmuffler isn't helping. The S type with the stock resonator, Magnaflow resonated X pipe, or the Borla resonator are not very loud, is nice and deep and won't drone.

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
I use the Borla xs on my turbo car, it did quiet the car down versus straight pipes and doesn’t drone in my application, but it is a straight through muffler. If you go this route get the longest ones you can fit under the car, to maximize noise reduction, they come in round and oval.

Sponsored

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
I run them, my thread may be of some help to you: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ustom-exhaust-goes-on-fingers-crossed.125289/

I had Flowmaster 40's that were on the Mustang when I bought it, and they droned horribly, along with a resonator delete / H-pipe. I am now running a Magnaflow Tru-X in the resonator position, and the Borla ProXS mufflers, as in the thread. I have some sound clips in there. A couple other forum members have gone this route as well, it is a very tame exhaust, but it is very exotic sounding, deep, has no drone, and really sounds much better than factory, and purely subjective: a lot of the the cat-backs out there, that sound ultra raspy in my opinion. I have really grown to love it.

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
I'm not sure, but the axel back you have appears to be a pretty straight through deal, basically almost straight piped. That's going to give you drone. I'd bet the xs sounds great in their place. A resonated x would sound good with them I'm sure, and really help to tame it. (The above video from jcl78 sounds awesome, if not just a bit quiet. But does sound high quality).

I have a steeda h-pipe with Ford Performance by Borla axelback, basically about the quietest non stock axelback as far as i know with no mid muffler. It gets loud when you step on it, no doubt. But cruising on the highway there isn't drone(you can hear it, but there is no resonance, barely more volume than stock, or with just the axel back). If your not hauling ass, being easy on the peddle, it is reasonable. Get on it though, and it's going to be noticed. Even at low RPM's with more peddle it is much louder than easy peddle at the same RPM. You do have to drive tame to keep the volume down. Couldn't imagine having one of those really loud mufflers with a straight through h or x pipe, every cop would be looking your way I assume.

For comparison purposes to the above setup. I do have a cold start video i could upload if you're interested.

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
I run them, my thread may be of some help to you: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ustom-exhaust-goes-on-fingers-crossed.125289/

I had Flowmaster 40's that were on the Mustang when I bought it, and they droned horribly, along with a resonator delete / H-pipe. I am now running a Magnaflow Tru-X in the resonator position, and the Borla ProXS mufflers, as in the thread. I have some sound clips in there. A couple other forum members have gone this route as well, it is a very tame exhaust, but it is very exotic sounding, deep, has no drone, and really sounds much better than factory, and purely subjective: a lot of the the cat-backs out there, that sound ultra raspy in my opinion. I have really grown to love it.
That sounds great, I'd love to hear more. Some revs and a good pull :)

OP
OP
Momogt26

Momogt26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Got the borla xs pro installed today. I installed it mid mount with sr muffler delete I love it drone is minimum only under load 65 mph no drone.

BradP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Whipple Stage 2
Which size ProXS muffler and tips did you go with? I really like that sound.
Good question. I inherited the exhaust from the prior owner. It has dual 4" tips that split from a single opening in the muffler. The muffler dimension is approx 14" x 10" with 3" pipe coming in.
Sponsored