Tin O' Spam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The car is a 2019 GT, with stock engine, transmission and exhaust. On key on (or engine start), this noise can be heard. It sounds almost like some fairly hefty plastic getting hit by something, and can be heard from the passenger compartment (but not in the engine bay if the engine has started).

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Is the person in the boot not dead? Seriously, that freaked me out. Was listening for something else but sounds like someone bashing part of the interior with their fist?

OP
OP
Tin O' Spam

Tin O' Spam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Is the person in the boot not dead? Seriously, that freaked me out. Was listening for something else but sounds like someone bashing part of the interior with their fist?
It really does sound like that from the passenger compartment. It sounds like it's coming from the front-most part of the tunnel, but that is only a guess

Benno2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT - TripleYellow \ Black stripes
Same here - was waiting for the Trunk Monkey to appear :giggle: (sorry OP).

Benno

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Sounds like something is stuck and attempting to reposition itself like when you adjust your door mirror glass with the button and it gets to the end of the travel and just clunks, maybe heater controls that switch between face blowers, windscreen or feet etc? Worth having a fiddle with those? Either way I’d be taking it into a dealer!

Sponsored

Shadow17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
The car is a 2019 GT, with stock engine, transmission and exhaust. On key on (or engine start), this noise can be heard. It sounds almost like some fairly hefty plastic getting hit by something, and can be heard from the passenger compartment (but not in the engine bay if the engine has started).

I remember my mom's edge making that kind of a noise before, it was whatever you call the part of the HVAC system that switches which vents blow out air. It got stuck and would only blow air on the feet until it got fixed.

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
Is it the active exhaust valve throwing a fit ?

Mine sounds a bit like that, but only does it once when the valve re positions on ignition on.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Doesn't sound like the exhaust but what about the Climate system which is all just under the dash behind the centre console

Count Drunkula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I think it must be all the car's awesomeness trying to get out of start up....
Seriously, I think I'd want a grown up to have a look at that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tin O' Spam

Tin O' Spam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
We have a confirmed answer: Actuator for the vents in the climate control has thrown a tantrum

OP
OP
Tin O' Spam

Tin O' Spam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I have an update on the noise: It has stopped as of this morning, largely due to the fact that everything involved has fallen into the driver's foot well. On the plus side, the car was already booked in to go back to the dealership in a few days, and now nobody will have to spend ages trying to work out what bit of the climate control system is making the noise...

WP_20190925_16_39_45_Pro.jpg

WP_20190925_16_40_28_Pro.jpg
WP_20190925_16_41_06_Pro.jpg
Sponsored