Sponsored

is doing exhaust on a 2019 GT necessary?

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
I don't have active exhaust but I do have a x-pipe. The sound is loud enough and raw enough for an aftermarket exhaust to not be a priority to me. Eventually I'd like the Ford Performance Extreme cat-back with black tips but I'm in no hurry.
Sponsored

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Very necessary. Been through 3 exhaust setups (beyond stock) since I owned it. The stock stuff sucks really. Way too big , way too heavy, and the exhaust tips are hideous! Not only does anything else sound better, you lose some weight as an added bonus. At the very least ditch the resonator if you are keeping stock mufflers.

Stock AB (non-active) lasted about 1 week
Stock AB + Xpipe resonator delete for 1 month (did sound better without the resonator)
MBRP Pro Race AB + Xpipe resonator delete for 2 months (sounded OK but droned way too much for daily driving)
FRP Borla Extreme AB + Xpipe resonator delete ever since (loved this sound since day 1 and no drone and volume easily controlled via right foot).

Grassfed65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT manual with PP1
I looked in the muffler ends and don't see anything other than the missing valve for the Active exhaust. Ford probably removes some internal baffles and replaces them with the flapper valve. Either way,I do like the way the car sounds with the H-pipe and stock exhaust.

ā€˜19 GeeTee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I like the way the active exhaust sounds from the factory. I'm thinking of adding an H-pipe to give it a deeper tone and a bit louder.

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
No. Our new tech writer has a bone stock 2019 GT (M6). She has no desire to do any mods at all.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
The stock exhaust sounds good in the car.....but it is way too quiet outside the car.

I made changing out the exhaust my top priority as I can't stand not being able to hear that V8 I spent so much money for. My car does not have the active exhaust option.

So last week, took the stock system off and put the MBRP Black Series Race catback on.

Now everyone can hear it coming.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone is on the fence, here is a great video showcasing the H & X Pipe.

Best Regards,

TJ

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
FRP Borla Extreme AB + Xpipe resonator delete ever since (loved this sound since day 1 and no drone and volume easily controlled via right foot).
I guess that wasn't you blatting your way up the 495 inner loop between mixing bowl and RT123 this morning. He had single-outlet tips so 15-17 car...

RADARB8

***** Troll
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I have active exhaust. Was loving it. Then I bought a steed x and a H cause I couldnā€™t decide. Put the X on and love it. So the Steeda H is still in the box with a pile of parts in the garage.
You want to sell that H-pipe? :)
Sponsored