Sponsored

2 step for 18 Auto? What to buy?

asylum938

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
I see plenty of threads on MSD 2 steps and N2MB for 15-17 cars but almost nothing on 18+

Well theres a few posts with no answers.

Hoping someone has installed one of these on an 18.

I would prefer the MSD as its almost 100% plug and play but i see on MSDs website the newest version specifically says does not work with direct injection coyotes.

We installed a N2MB on my buddys 2015 and while it works exactley as advertised ide like to avoid the harness splicing if possible.

So anyone have the real answers to why the newest MSD wont work with the gen3? I believe the coilpack connections are the same?

What are you guys using?
Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
can any of the vendors who have used them chime In ?
I need one now that car has a converter and it’s hate to hold rpm at the desired 3500+ with just the the throttle .

Chuckles the 3rd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
@Rjames18 , I saw in your convertor thread that you have a 2 step and an 18 car. Can you elaborate on your 2 step setup?

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
@Rjames18 , I saw in your convertor thread that you have a 2 step and an 18 car. Can you elaborate on your 2 step setup?
On cylinder 3 you have to make some small modifications. I believe Terry from beefcake has a write up on this.

The last 3 MSD I plugged in either failed in first 3 months or never worked from the start. Also on 18 its not plug and play. Number 3 needs some mods.

WOTBOX is best.
The wotbox isn't plug and play either... You also have to connect a computer to adjust the two step.

I like the msd because i can just open up the hood and turn down or up the two step on the fly

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
On cylinder 3 you have to make some small modifications. I believe Terry from beefcake has a write up on this.

The wotbox isn't plug and play either... You also have to connect a computer to adjust the two step.

I like the msd because i can just open up the hood and turn down or up the two step on the fly
So do you take a 16.5-17 and modify it to work 18+?

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Yes sir that is what we used
Sweet. I've got one slightly used for sale if anyone wants to modify it for an 18+.

As to the guy complaining about the msd unit I used one for years on my 03 car, and used this one for about 6 months on the coyote, problem free, and easy to change limiter between rounds as rjames stated.

OP
OP

asylum938

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT

@beefcake

any info on this?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150

Sponsored

IMMRSCOOBY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
@rjames do you have the exact thread or info from beefcake explaining the process I have a 18 auto

barkingspud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premuim
N2MB here. No problems at all. Have it wired in to the right paddle so it works perfectly with the transbrake.

DirtBikeDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Hello,
New to the forum here and fairly new to the Ford/Coyote family. I have a 2021 GT Auto. The previous owner installed the WOT Box to work off of the brake switch instead of the right paddle while the trans brake is activated. I noticed you stated yours is set up to work off of the paddle when the transbrake is activated. Did you access the signal for the green wire for the WOT Box off of PIN 53 on the bottom ECU connector? I know that is the right location, but I cannot access that connector without some major disassembly of the turbo setup.... I was hoping to pick up that circuit somewhere else - possibly inside the car. Any info on how you set up the green trigger wire with your paddle is greatly appreciated.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang