Sponsored

Mustang EcoBoost 2.3L High Performance Package Priced at $4,995

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Are you saying that there has never been another "IS" model besides the 335is or are you saying the 235 240 never came as an "IS". Cause BMW definitely had other "IS" models.
What I said (in post #324 above) was that there were never "235is" or a "240is" models, which is undeniable.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Which would you rather have, a turbo 4 with a manual transmission or a V8 with an automatic transmission? Discuss.
It would depend on the performance of the 4 cylinder. If the 4 made more power than the 8, definitely but some turbo 4s make under 200 HP.

If you mean if someone loaned me a new Mustang V8 optioned like I want EXCEPT having an auto would I be okay if they swaped the V8 engine for the Mustang EB High Performance and a manual transmission, I would say do it because I hate auto trans. Would I buy the 4? Probably not because I can buy a V8 with the manual plus I won't be able to get some V8 options with the EB such as 6 pot Brembos. It's not just HP that Ford makes sure the V8 models rule.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Seriously, before you go making stuff up, do some minimal research.

The 'is' tag was applied only to late-cycle models that had the mildly upgraded N54 engines. As all versions of the 235/240 have had the N55 or the B58 and are still fairly early in the cycle, there have never been 'is' versions of those cars marketed or even hinted at.

And, quick, look at the list of cars in my sig before you make yourself look even more foolish.

Will you please stop. There is no difference to a 135is and a M235i...

Same exact engine, matter of fact, the 135is was faster than the 1m, and indeed faster than the M235i, & being lighter. My 135is is no different than the M235i... other than becoming a 2-series, still had the //M sills, /M shifter, etc.. It is just that BMW re-branded everything and decided to release a 2-series.. and also abuse the /M-Name... and plaster it all over the place. (Again, BMW removed the "s" -and- moved a big heritage "M-logo" to the front: {235is = m235i} BMW's marketing must have worked, because look at you.)

Though, I am sure you knew what I meant all along, but are nitpicking, just to be "that guy".

The point is (which you are crapping over), is that the $5k HPP Mustang is still a much better car than the M240i or equal BMW, now that the Mustang comes with a torquey turbo...

I would much rather have a tuned Mustang w/magneride, than a tuned BMW.
(Plus, Ford gives you a real LSD)

Last edited:

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Which would you rather have, a turbo 4 with a manual transmission or a V8 with an automatic transmission? Discuss.
I think you might want to be more specific. I'll take a Forester XT with a 5 speed manual over a 61 Impala with Powerglide. But I'll take a Demon with the 8 speed auto over a Honda Civic with a 5 speed.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I think you might want to be more specific. I'll take a Forester XT with a 5 speed manual over a 61 Impala with Powerglide. But I'll take a Demon with the 8 speed auto over a Honda Civic with a 5 speed.
Guy’s, I was kidding. Just wanted to get off the BMW conversation and get back to the EBHPP.:facepalm::cwl::crackup:

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Will you please stop. There is no difference to a 135is and a M235i...
*** MUCH WHINEY BLATHER SNIPPED ***
Past the M235 being a different wheelbase, width, weight, more torque on the engine, different transmissions, a mechanical LSD, yeah, they were exactly the same. :facepalm:

None of which changes the fact that you have been insisting that there were both 235is and 240is models, neither of which ever existed.

Though, I am sure you knew what I meant all along, but are nitpicking, just to be "that guy".
No, I thought you were uninformed. Now, based on the above, I realize that you're someone who doesn't realize when to stop pushing a rope.

The point is (which you are crapping over), is that the $5k HPP Mustang is still a much better car than the M240i or equal BMW, now that the Mustang comes with a torquey turbo...
Yeah, you keep believing that. And when you see Elvis, tell him I said "Hello".

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone has their reasons for why they bought a particular car, again we definitely shouldn't be ripping into people's choices and saying "your X sucks, and Y is so much better, you should have bought Y instead of X". Every manufacturer also has their issues, BMW included, so no one is spared from that conversation.

Back onto the topic though...

Soon we will be seeing real world testing of the EBPP, and I am excited to see the real dyno sheet and track times.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Past the M235 being a different wheelbase, width, weight, more torque on the engine, different transmissions, a mechanical LSD, yeah, they were exactly the same. :facepalm:

None of which changes the fact that you have been insisting that there were both 235is and 240is models, neither of which ever existed.

No, I thought you were uninformed. Now, based on the above, I realize that you're someone who doesn't realize when to stop pushing a rope.

Yep, you are trying to be "that guy". <--everyone look

The 2-series BMW is and the 4-series are brand new. When people use to own a 3-Series, it could be a Coupe, or a Sedan. When BMW made their big announcement a few years ago, they adopted new marketing with separated the coupes and sedans chassis. When BMW did this, they named the 2-series as the successor to the 1-series.

You are either ignorant of this, or a troll...

When BMW did this, they announced 2-series with the m-performance pack will be badged as M235i ... which made many people upset, because we all knew it was nothing other than a 235is. (having M-performance pack).. or a 335is (Nothing to do with a real M-Car). Again, the only specc'd difference is that BMW decided, when moving to the 2-series, they would plaster the vaunted///M-badge all over the car if it had the M-performance pack. (Go read the reviews of the m235i where many Reviewers, question the //M badging on the car)

The 135is and the M235i has the exact same engine, tune, transmission, fake lsd, etc. Matter of fact, the only thing that really changed (other than the chassis is that the 135is had hydraulic steering (the last bmw to do so).

I never said there was a 235is... (as you claim), only explained to you that I personally use it to mock BMW.. Because BMW lost their M-Division's heritage by plaster the ///M-badge all over the place.

I bet a tuned Mustang HPP can track just as good as a real M2. Nobody really cares about the fake 240is anyways..

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You are either ignorant of this, or a troll...
I'm not paying attention to the debate or taking a side but are you saying someone can't be both ignorant AND a troll?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
My car is a turbo 4 with a manual transmission. I have no desire to trade it for anything else. It's plenty fast enough for me, decent mpg, and great handling. The only thing I envy the V8 for is the sound that it makes, and I can live without that.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
I won't be trading in my 15 EB/PP for a 2020 EB/PP because I don't track the car, and don't give 2 shits and rats ass if it's faster than a BMW m-whatever or as fast as a 15-17 GT. I do put more weight on handling and the price tag is too high at an extra 7k total for the PP+handling package.

This may come as a shock to some, but there is more to life than my car is faster than yours.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

Alright that’s enough break it up you two knuckle heads
15651E99-B16D-41FE-914E-89C9C9351D1E.gif
Sponsored