Sponsored

Procharger Debug: MAF Location, Tune or Other?

OP
OP
AZtrophy

AZtrophy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Procharged
So I revamped my diy smoke tester and still didn't see anything. I figured I shouldn't leave it to chance so I bought a premade and still no visible smoke coming from any vacuum lines.

It definitely seemed like a feasible scenario but I would've expected to see a leak if there was one.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Have you checked the super simple stuff like the hose clamps? I had a similar issue years ago on my D1 Fox car. The clamp coming off the supercharger outlet was tight enough not to leak until it built more than about 6psi. It would ramp up normally with RPM, but then bleed off suddenly once the pressure got high enough. Also curious what fuel you are planning on running? I've been struggling greatly with the 91 octane we have here in Arizona. Our fuel is a joke.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
My .02

If you are getting re-tuned, you might as well move the MAF.
I mean, that way you never have to worry about BOV placement (or brand) affecting your tune down the road.

Lund can handle you, either way, start to finish. But you might as well make it easy on them, and move it. :)

OP
OP
AZtrophy

AZtrophy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Procharged
Small update: Installed GT350 tube w/MAF relo as well as replaced as replaced the spring diaphragm on Tial Q BOV.

Waiting on SCT Tuner and MAK Hurricane Pipe which are both en route.

Needs a tune but BOV is confirmed open at idle so that's good news. Hopefully it's all good after the tune.

@ProChargerTECH I believe you said that the MAF blocking plate may not fully cover the opening in the intercooler? Mine doesn't seem to so I wanted to confirm. (Hard to tell if I'm seeing a gap or the black plate)

Final Update: Purrs like a kitten with the GT350 pipe and a tune. FYI to anyone else that may be in a similar situation.
Sponsored

Last edited: