Sponsored

Fore level 1 e85 question

Furious18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt, 2018 f150 eb 3.5
Anyone know the best way to wire in the fore level 1 e85 dual pump setup? I did not get a fc controller so I know it’ll run both pumps at once but I’m unable to find write ups without the controller. Do I need to get a inline fuse? What power source do I want to connect to?

I feel like I must be missing something.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
You would need a dual relay harness, you can either make one yourself or buy one.

OP
OP
Furious18

Furious18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks again kona!

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
You can use a Hobbs switch to activate the relay for the 2nd pump.

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Consider running a Hobbs switch for the second pump. Pumps generate a lot of heAt. Fore will tell you Hobbs switch all day.

Definitely going to want to fuse the wire you use to feed the relays. Make sure to use proper size wiring etc...... had a friend had his fuse or kit burn up and motor went lean.

Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Consider running a Hobbs switch for the second pump. Pumps generate a lot of heAt. Fore will tell you Hobbs switch all day.

Definitely going to want to fuse the wire you use to feed the relays. Make sure to use proper size wiring etc...... had a friend had his fuse or kit burn up and motor went lean.
Most tuners say 2 always on, 1 on hobbs. When running 2 pumps it's fine to leave them both on all the time

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Most tuners say 2 always on, 1 on hobbs. When running 2 pumps it's fine to leave them both on all the time
Edited myself. Got what you meant about the one on a Hobbs.

Yes, lot of tuners say it’s ok to run both. It is ok.

Here’s something I can tel you. I had new pump less than two months old take a shit on me. Had I been running both or all three pumps on all the time I’d have never known it, and most likely gone lean and blown the motor.

There are pros and cons for each way or running it.

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
I had one in my system fail. Of course it was the main pump.......

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
Better than the secondary!
I have a triple. Its funny I was driving down the road and I was wondering why the car would try to die unless I floor it lol. Thank you Honeywell pressure switch.

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I have a triple. Its funny I was driving down the road and I was wondering why the car would try to die unless I floor it lol. Thank you Honeywell pressure switch.
So over 5psi all the way home? "Man them guys from Evo drive hard..." LOL

OP
OP
Furious18

Furious18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scary stuff. What do you all do as maintenance/ monitor/ double check?

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Scary stuff. What do you all do as maintenance/ monitor/ double check?
I run one main pump, second and third off Hobbs. I’d like to think the main pump Would be the first to fail being used all the time. If it fails car will die while not in boost. I know, no guarantees that will be the one to fail.

I was told by fore pumps should be tested after every season. (That I will do) My pump that failed failed on a hot day when I was probably around 1/4 tank of fuel. I questioned wether or not the heat as well as the pump not being submerged in fuel may have contributed to it’s failure. Fore had me a new pump the next business day free of charge.

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
I know this is a old thread but after searching I came across this topic. I have dual Fore system with the controller and the car died on me at the gas station. It would not startup at all and had no fuel pressure. Got it home via towing and started my diagnosis. I switched over to the yellow/gray wire on the factory FPDM from the purple/green. The car fired up but will die after about 10 minutes. The crazy thing is that with fuel pressure the car will crank over and run. Without any fuel pressure, it will not even crank over at all. My car is a ‘18 6-speed manual that has made 980 RWHP with the Gen5 as well. Is it possible that the one pump that is wired to run all the time is going bad? The 2nd pump is wired to the Hobbs switch supplied by Fore.
Sponsored