Sponsored

Has anyone with Sync3 Nav successfully updated their maps?

aclosedmind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Good to know, thank you!
Sponsored

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Thank You!. BTW, which one is the corresponding updated map version displayed on that page?
14G421 is the map. It's chunked so the x in -CxB will differe based on which chunk you're in.
14G422 is the voice nav data. Also chunked. -CAC in NA English.

Sponsored

Rct2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premuim,401A,A10,PP1,Magnride,Active Exhaust
14G421 is the map. It's chunked so the x in -CxB will differe based on which chunk you're in.
14G422 is the voice nav data. Also chunked. -CAC in NA English.
FYI,
I went to map updates and it said I had a update for my 2018 Mustang (Sync 3 with NA1.16 maps to 1.18) for $40 usb or free download. I chose free download the download was 13.1 gb's took a while on 25mbs internet connection. the usb worked fine took about a hour to install.This is the site I went to https://syncnavigation.com/ford/home you need your VIN & ESN of your sync to upgrade.

Multitask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2020 MKZ Hybrid
Just be aware, that there is a bug that seems to show that you updated to 117, not 118, even though you actually have the 118 maps ... I read that Ford is aware, and working on a a fix

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
So if I did a MFT to Sync 3 swap I can't just put any VIN number in and my ESN from my module?

It won't work?

Multitask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2020 MKZ Hybrid
As far as I know, if you did the upgrade, putting in the info is not going to work. UNLESS, you know the VIN and the ESN from the vehicle it came from ....

I would hate for someone to have done the upgrade, put the info in , spend the 100-130 and not be able to use the files.... because when you put that USB stick in, it's going to look at the current info, and it will not match...

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I had a feeling it would be like that.

I will have to look back at my recept and see if it has the vin number.
Thanks

Sponsored

Multitask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2020 MKZ Hybrid
I had a feeling it would be like that.

I will have to look back at my recept and see if it has the vin number.
Thanks
Just remember that the VIN of your car, would have to match the VIN of the Sync 3 vehicle it came out of....the updater might not like that it's different....
I haven't seen anyone that has done the Sync 3 upgrade that got the maps from the site for it...

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
You can get the maps for it but based on how old the unit is you will have to pay for it. I kept my vin from the focus mines came from and used the esn that is on the module now and it says I have to pay for the update, so it is available but I have not done it so don't know if doing it will run into any issues as the vin on the system is different and it may or may not like that

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
As far as I know, if you did the upgrade, putting in the info is not going to work. UNLESS, you know the VIN and the ESN from the vehicle it came from ....

I would hate for someone to have done the upgrade, put the info in , spend the 100-130 and not be able to use the files.... because when you put that USB stick in, it's going to look at the current info, and it will not match...
Well found my invoice from the salvage yard for the Sync 3. Luckly they put the VIN on there.

And it worked but $150 for the USB drive or $109 for the download.
Honestly I don't do enough driving to justify the price. The Mustang is just a weekend toy.

Now I might do it for the Wifes car since I did a MFT to Sync swap too.

Maybe the price will go down after a while. lol

Multitask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2020 MKZ Hybrid
I know my APIM came out of a 2019 Mustang, but I really doubt I would be able to get the Maps for it, cuz the VINs don't match. 8)