Sponsored

Memory seat issue?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
So either I can't figure this thing out or I have an issue. so I have the exit assist (i think it's called) on. and it works fine (half way) I turn off car and it moves back to let me out. But when I turn it back on the seat sometimes moves back up and sometimes it does not? I also have a memory seat button programed to button 1. So also when I start car when it does decide to move up sometimes it moves up to the exit entry stock position and sometimes it moves up to my memory seat position. I have no clue what Im doing different each time or if its an issue i need to have looked at. I know its aggravating as hell LOL oh and bonus audio source. yeah sometimes it just starts randomly on whatever audio source it wants too . Yeah what fun.
Sponsored

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Do you have one of your key fobs linked to a memory seat position? (I assume that the 2019 still have that feature...) And are you always using the same key fob to start the car? Maybe it is just trying to do different seat positions on purpose without you realizing it.

As for the audio source switching. Mine switches back to whatever it was on last time whenever it fails to connect to my phone via Bluetooth (or drops an existing connection, usually a problem on the phone side). Not completely random, but something to check on. Is yours for sure random?

I did have my Head Unit replaced at my first maintenance check. It was acting strangely, (could not connect properly to my phone via wired USB, kept loosing satellite signal, would display everything like normal but the audio would simply disappear from time to time requiring ignition cycle to correct, kept loosing my emergency call information, and maybe 1 or 2 other oddities). They put it on their diagnostic computer, which threw a few codes, so they replaced it under warranty. Didn't fix the wired USB issue or the satellite signal loss... but the other things were corrected. I had to replace the USB module to get the phone to connect properly via wired USB, and I suspect that nothing will fix the satellite signal problem. Which doesn't matter to me as much since I don't use their service anymore anyway. As I understood it, there was a suspected inherent issue with the antenna wiring for the GPS and SiruisXM antenna that made them weak performers anyway (hopefully sorted out for the 2019 MY). I was also suspicious that the Ford audio hardware uses the Sirius transponders and my wife's GM uses the XM transponders. Hers is flawless, mine is crap.

There is still a good possibility that you have some legit issues going on... if you can't nail them down, might be worth having it looked at. Hopefully you have a good dealership service department available to you.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Do you have one of your key fobs linked to a memory seat position? (I assume that the 2019 still have that feature...) And are you always using the same key fob to start the car? Maybe it is just trying to do different seat positions on purpose without you realizing it.

As for the audio source switching. Mine switches back to whatever it was on last time whenever it fails to connect to my phone via Bluetooth (or drops an existing connection, usually a problem on the phone side). Not completely random, but something to check on. Is yours for sure random?

I did have my Head Unit replaced at my first maintenance check. It was acting strangely, (could not connect properly to my phone via wired USB, kept loosing satellite signal, would display everything like normal but the audio would simply disappear from time to time requiring ignition cycle to correct, kept losing my emergency call information, and maybe 1 or 2 other oddities). They put it on their diagnostic computer, which threw a few codes, so they replaced it under warranty. Didn't fix the wired USB issue or the satellite signal loss... but the other things were corrected. I had to replace the USB module to get the phone to connect properly via wired USB, and I suspect that nothing will fix the satellite signal problem. Which doesn't matter to me as much since I don't use their service anymore anyway. As I understood it, there was a suspected inherent issue with the antenna wiring for the GPS and SiruisXM antenna that made them weak performers anyway (hopefully sorted out for the 2019 MY). I was also suspicious that the Ford audio hardware uses the Sirius transponders and my wife's GM uses the XM transponders. Hers is flawless, mine is crap.

There is still a good possibility that you have some legit issues going on... if you can't nail them down, might be worth having it looked at. Hopefully you have a good dealership service department available to you.
Thanks, yeah I already thought of all that. I only use one fob as Im only on drives car. the other fob is still in with the paperwork never been used. I set the seat and my mode to the fob in an attempt to fix the issue but it didint help. so yes the fob is tied to a memory but it didn't change anything acted that way both before and after doing it. I was just curious if anyone else had this issue or if i was doing something wrong? I thought well maybe its just yet another quirk of this car as it seems to have a few.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
The entry assist feature is a known quirk. Since my seat is always all the way back and I'm the only driver, it's not an issue. I do use the memory seat feature because I like my side mirrors to tilt down in reverse, I set a driver #2 with the mirrors tilted. I just switch from Driver #1 to driver #2 for the side mirror settings and it has always worked.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Quirks? Yeah, I had to make a written list of things for them to check at the first service.

My electrical quirks were mostly cleared up with a couple of replacement parts as mentioned above.

I have never used the easy exit feature since my seat is always all the way back anyway. The autoset based on the FOB used to start the vehicle would occasionally get confused and thump the driver's mirror against the stop for a few seconds before going back the position it started at. I think I eventually turned the autoset off since I'm the only driver too.

One last thing I'd mention was that replacing my battery cleared up any remaining electrical quirks. My battery was weak from the beginning. Probably because the car sat on a lot in central Wyoming over the winter before I bought it. I expect that it was low and nearly frozen for most of that time. Eventually my car would give the message that everything had been turned off to conserve the battery with a successful but noticably slower crank on start. A restorative charge with an external charger would fix it up for about 2 or 3 weeks, but it would get weaker everyday until the message came back. Ford tested the battery and claimed it was still OK. I replaced it on my own and it stopped doing all that and gave me back my USB charging when the car was off.

Make a list of your quirks and have them look at it when you take it in. It sounds like it is misbehaving.

Sponsored

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
You have the infamous Ford gremlins. My easy entry and exit will exhibit the same behavior where it will not go forward at all, or only half way.

When I hit the preset button to move the seat to the programmed position the seat will move forward, and the mirrors will go move to the top position and click, click, click until a preset is selected, or it may stop on its own. I had my car in for the rear view camera gremlins and asked them to look at the easy entry and exit, and mirror issue but whenever I take it to Ford everything works.

I just turned off the easy entry and exit.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Several of you say you sit all the way back? im 6'1'' how tall are yall? There is no way I could sit all the way back and still feel comfortable to reach the pedals. My girlfreind is also 6' and she said same. this seat sits back way to far. Yall like plopping in and rolling out of the car? LOL

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
6'6" and there is maybe an inch of travel left in the seat.

I still try to find a parking spot where I can open the door all the way or I may add another scuff to the door panel near the speaker getting my giant clown feet out of the car...

I could probably go farther back without a leg problem, but I have to lean the seat back a little to keep my head from touching the ceiling so I have to pull the whole seat forward a little for a more comfortable arm's reach...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
6'6" and there is maybe an inch of travel left in the seat.

I still try to find a parking spot where I can open the door all the way or I may add another scuff to the door panel near the speaker getting my giant clown feet out of the car...

I could probably go farther back without a leg problem, but I have to lean the seat back a little to keep my head from touching the roof so I have to pull the whole seat forward a little for a more comfortable arm's reach...
awesome, at least we can laugh at ourselves. my last car had such high bolsters i had to roll in and out. i felt like a turtle on its back trying to get in and out.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Just in case you are collecting scuffs on your door panel too...

The best medicine I've found to clean them up so far has been to clean them with a textured microfiber cloth (deep rub) and a soft brush (old tooth brush) using Nextzett Plastic Deep Cleaner (this stuff is magical). Then follow it up with Aerospace 303. (I also usually wipe between those two with a damp microfiber to get any residual cleaner off.)

Makes them all disappear, except for the ones that are actual scratches in the plastic. But even the scratches are less noticeable once the dirt is removed and the 303 is applied.

Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I have found that punching the start button will sometimes result in the seat remaining in the exit position. If I press and hold the button momentarily, it pretty much always slides forward. I have not actually paid that close attention so can’t say 100% for sure, but I think the latter solves the problem.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I have found that punching the start button will sometimes result in the seat remaining in the exit position. If I press and hold the button momentarily, it pretty much always slides forward. I have not actually paid that close attention so can’t say 100% for sure, but I think the latter solves the problem.
That did the trick.. I was just pushing it quick to start it. When I push and hold it a sec till the seat starts moving it works right. Thanks.

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I find that pulling my phone out of my pocket as it's moving forward stops it, fairly sure this is all related to the sensor telling the car that someone is sat in the seat. Try it next time you get in

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I find that pulling my phone out of my pocket as it's moving forward stops it, fairly sure this is all related to the sensor telling the car that someone is sat in the seat. Try it next time you get in
Ok cool i will try that as well.

Chola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rajarajan
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2005. 2019 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
I tried googling this issue and came here. Bought my '19 GT 6MT about 3 weeks ago and by trial and error my observation has been that if I start it in 1st (with the clutch down) or get out of neutral before the seat has fully come to the memorized position, it stops. I think it assumes that you are stationary only when the car is in neutral gear and does not change positions if you are moving.
Sponsored