Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I'm getting ready to order a fuel system for E85 and I don't want to fight the fuel rails more times than I have to. I was thinking about getting the FIC 1000cc injectors instead of the Deatchwerks 95lb. They look like a single straight body design. Anyone tried these?

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
What belts are everyone running for a 6-rib 2650 setup? The included continental 82" belt did not fit, had to go out and get a 83" dayco belt at parts store to get running. I think the 83" is a tad big though as the tensioner is almost all the way used. 82.5" maybe?

Anyone run a 3.0" pulley on 93, or is that too much? Thinking about dropping pulley since I am going the custom tuning route (I can't live with Edelbrocks trash tune anymore), but wondering if that/s pushing things on 93 and stock cats.

Furious18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt, 2018 f150 eb 3.5
I tried running the 81.750 belt with a 6 rib with 3” as the manual says and it was impossible to get on.. had to go up to the 82 belt recommended with the 3.25”. They definitely have the wrong sizing

It was annoying

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
They said I got the last one in stock for a while. They said they had all others in stock
I want a 3.25 or 3.50, I'm going up in size for winter blend safety. I don't plan to drive it unless there is a particularly nice day but it is still a backup vehicle so I want to be ready just in case

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Anyone ever go into limp mode on the Edelbrock can tune? It's happened three times this week. Had the install looked over, no air leaks, smoke test proved that. Fuel trims are within -3%, so fueling/air seem dialed in.

The code is P061B - Torque Table Calc related. Edelbrock is pretty much 0 help, so I guess I am going PBD for custom tuning this week, ahead of when I planned too.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone ever go into limp mode on the Edelbrock can tune? It's happened three times this week. Had the install looked over, no air leaks, smoke test proved that. Fuel trims are within -3%, so fueling/air seem dialed in.

The code is P061B - Torque Table Calc related. Edelbrock is pretty much 0 help, so I guess I am going PBD for custom tuning this week, ahead of when I planned too.
Sorry to here of your troubles. That belt should fit but it is tight, I found it's easiest to put it on the lower right idler pulley last. As far as your code is goes try contacting Tony. Edelbrock in my opinion has great customer service. Here's a pic of his e-mail.
Screenshot_20190915-204003_Email.jpg

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
I'm getting ready to order a fuel system for E85 and I don't want to fight the fuel rails more times than I have to. I was thinking about getting the FIC 1000cc injectors instead of the Deatchwerks 95lb. They look like a single straight body design. Anyone tried these?
Since you have a 2018, you should look into the DW88s instead, they are OE length and flow a nut hair less than the DW95s(they are rated for difference pressures hence the difference in number but similarity in flow). At 58 psi they both flow close to the same amount, but the DW88 is stock length, so the connector will sit higher and make it easier too plug in

FIC does make good injectors as well, I just don't know anyone using them locally.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Just for informational purposes, I'll put this here for anyone that wants to know. I tried some other pulley sizes on my 2300 kit looking for a good "winter" pulley, taking a little power and boost out to make it safer if I have to drive it in an emergency on winter blend gas with very cold air.

3.00 pulley = 11psi (stock)
3.25 pulley = 9psi
3.50 pulley = 7psi

I have the 3.50 on the car now and it actually feels like an NA car. The 812 belt fits it but just barely, its very very tight. I may try to find a slightly longer belt just to be safe.

Sponsored

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
18-19 guys with the 2650 kit, does your hood liner press against the blower when closed? I started to notice an imprint on the liner when opening the hood now.

Also, what is everyone's IATs with the 2650 on gen3 cars? Is ~25-30 over ambient about right?

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
18-19 guys with the 2650 kit, does your hood liner press against the blower when closed? I started to notice an imprint on the liner when opening the hood now.

Also, what is everyone's IATs with the 2650 on gen3 cars? Is ~25-30 over ambient about right?
Yes, they made the blower almost the exact size it needs to be to fit under the hood, there is a slight impression on mine. You could remove the liner if it bothers you, but I've had my blower on since New Years day and haven't had any issues with the liner wearing or anything. IAT2s are usually 15* higher than ambient for me if im cruising, if I am in traffic then 25-30* does happen from time to time, but it's also 100*+ here in Texas

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I purchased a griptec 3.0” pulley directly and it was here within a couple days
Damn I wish I knew they made one for this. I would have ordered that instead.
They said I got the last one in stock for a while. They said they had all others in stock
I want a 3.25 or 3.50, I'm going up in size for winter blend safety. I don't plan to drive it unless there is a particularly nice day but it is still a backup vehicle so I want to be ready just in case
I just called Griptec and got a six rib 3.25" Level 2 pulley, I believe it was the last 3.25" or 3.0" Edelbrock TVS pulley they had in stock, but she said they can do whatever you need in about 3 weeks time.

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Yes, they made the blower almost the exact size it needs to be to fit under the hood, there is a slight impression on mine. You could remove the liner if it bothers you, but I've had my blower on since New Years day and haven't had any issues with the liner wearing or anything.
I picked up motor mount brackets from BMR for this reason, buys you up to a half inch. I'd like to do a strut tower brace if I can make it clear, will have to be fully custom.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, they made the blower almost the exact size it needs to be to fit under the hood, there is a slight impression on mine. You could remove the liner if it bothers you, but I've had my blower on since New Years day and haven't had any issues with the liner wearing or anything. IAT2s are usually 15* higher than ambient for me if im cruising, if I am in traffic then 25-30* does happen from time to time, but it's also 100*+ here in Texas
For science, is the TB the only area that rubs on yours? Or are we talking the entire top of blower (or parts thereof)?
Sponsored