Sponsored

Bret Barber's Ported 2018+ Throttle Bodies - Info / Pics Inside, Available Now, no tuning needed

Leshik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oksana
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10r80
Code P2119 is set by the PCM when the Throttle Actuator Throttle Body is out of range or not performing properly.

Just a thought,
Swap out the throttle electronic actuator assembly from the stock TB onto the Ported body and give it a try.

I’d be interested in learning why a tune designed for the OEM TB isn’t compatible with a OEM ported TB where the aperture remains unchanged.

On a side note. I thought there was a specific procedure when reconnecting and initial engine start up when changing the TB.
BBK’s custom TB’s use OEM TB electronics and they specify a specific procedure for electronic hookup and starting when installing their Large bored TB.
Thats exactly right, the code was for the TB no opening propperly. its been two days, and 1 track night oem TB is working good.
ah maybe that would help. who knows. id love to get that info.
Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
i honestly think that since they make the blade thinner that messes with the electronics, because the throttle response is different since blade is lighter
The throttle blade thickness on my Barber ported TB is unchanged from OEM thickness.
The throttle shaft is profiled milled to reduce thickness. Being the shaft is at the centerline of rotation it’s mass reduction has no affect on blade response.

Last edited:

Leshik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oksana
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10r80
The throttle blade thickness on my Barber ported TB is unchanged from OEM thickness.
The throttle shaft is profiled milled to reduce thickness. Being the shaft is at the centerline of rotation it’s mass reduction has no effect on blade response.
Well i think it does because its less weight, to turn the blade. But honestly i didnt have issues at idle, i had issues when driving, the blade either got stock open or closed

Sponsored

Leshik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oksana
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10r80
oh nice. i think it should be posted on their website on how to relearn the TB. but im going to go boost next year so im really concerned with TB.
I did the battery disconnect and relearn procedure when swapping TB.
I’ve had no issues for almost two years of daily driving.

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10 speed Auto
It's strange I also have a 2018 PP1 Mustang A10 and also have AFS ported throttle body and manifold. I have no codes. But, I've got performance issues. I'm going back to a stock throttle body to see if that helps.

OP
OP

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT - 10spd Auto, Performance Pack Lvl 1
It's strange I also have a 2018 PP1 Mustang A10 and also have AFS ported throttle body and manifold. I have no codes. But, I've got performance issues. I'm going back to a stock throttle body to see if that helps.
It will if you have no manifold IMRC issues or vac leaks. I promise.

Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Ordered my E85 tune and filling the car up tonight. Trevor never said anything about the TB when I mentioned I added it and headers to the mix since my last tune.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Maxbore TB is working fine.
Not sure if Bret Barber makes a new butterfly after he bores out the TB but I really like how Maxbore adds that in. Seems like a more complete job that way.

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
First E85 log done and no issues. Trevor is dialing back the throttle response and I'll be on revision 2 tonight for more logging.

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
First E85 log done and no issues. Trevor is dialing back the throttle response and I'll be on revision 2 tonight for more logging.
So you're running an AFS TB and a PBD E85 tune with no issues?

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
So you're running an AFS TB and a PBD E85 tune with no issues?
AFS and Brett barber the same thing? I've only dealt directly with Brett. But I have a his ported TB, mani, pmas and headers with E85.
Sponsored