LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
My question was, if it has been more than three weeks and I can't get a hold of Shifteck what do i do?
File a claim with your payment source for sure.
Sponsored

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
I'm not sure what I should do now. There not responding to my emails and they won't answer there phone. Should I file a claim with PayPal?

I had a appointment to install it today at my local shop, but I had to cancel.
If it was me I would dispute it or open up a claim with PayPal. Maybe that will put some fire under them and make them respond. In my experience doing that with PayPal has always worked in my favor. I can't stand people who offer and sell a product, and never follow through with the transaction.

Get your money back and move on to another vendor.

Mpt233

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
17 gt350
Has anyone had any trouble with Shifteck? I ordered the resonator delete from them over three weeks ago and still haven't received it. Now I'm just asking for a refund and I get no response from the company.
I am in the exact same boat its been about 3 weeks and no replies to my inquiry. I did just get an automated email for a tracking number that says a shipping label has been created.

BAD350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vance
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Shifteck sent a Pre-Shipment info to the USPS, for my order, on the 1st of September. Generating a tracking number. The resonator delete still hasn't been sent. I escalated the claim with PayPal today. You may have to do the same.

Sponsored

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
I went the simple route. I found a good muffler shop that had done plenty of resonator deletes, and had them cut the resonators out and weld in straight pipes in their place.
Essentially, I now have the "R" exhaust I believe. The factory X-pipe remains in place as you can see:
IMG_4050.JPG
IMG_4052.JPG
IMG_4053.JPG
IMG_4054.JPG
IMG_4056.JPG

The guy charged me $150.00 and his welds looked top notch.
Got a sound clip on that? Looks really good, and the welds do look top notch. Really clean look! Makes me think I should have done this also, but I went with the Lethal.

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Got a sound clip on that? Looks really good, and the welds do look top notch. Really clean look! Makes me think I should have done this also, but I went with the Lethal.
Na man your better off with the after market X .
Going this route with deleting/welding has to much rasp under WOT.

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Eric is correct about the "rasp"... but that is the sound I wanted.
I forgot to mention. Unless that's what your after. Then yes it is a perfect solution. It also sounds most like the R in my opinion.
I find the R to be raspy in stock form as well under Wot.
The after market X 's refine that sound is all.
Comes down to what you prefer. Raspy or more refined.....

Sponsored

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2011 SVT Raptor, 6.2L
Na man your better off with the after market X .
Going this route with deleting/welding has to much rasp under WOT.
I did the stock x pipe and resonator straight pipe (2.5” pipe) delete at a muffler shop.

But it was offensively loud and raspy like a metal pie tin under throttle at 3-4000rpm. I had to put the resonators back in.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I did the stock x pipe and resonator straight pipe (2.5” pipe) delete at a muffler shop.

But it was offensively loud and raspy like a metal pie tin under throttle at 3-4000rpm. I had to put the resonators back in.
Colin makes a GREAT point... I did the exact same exhaust modification. Originally thought this might be a bit much. It is raspy and damn loud. But that is what I wanted. I wanted the raspy exhaust ever since I heard the GT350R exhaust, which is basically what Colin & I created with our modifications. Here is the link to the GT350R exhaust that convinced me that the resonators needed to be removed:

If this noise is NOT for you... listen to Colin, do not have your resonators cut off, or you will be paying someone to reinstall them.
This level of noise may not be for everyone.
It's a personal choice and I may not be the norm.

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
Colin makes a GREAT point... I did the exact same exhaust modification. Originally thought this might be a bit much. It is raspy and damn loud. But that is what I wanted. I wanted the raspy exhaust ever since I heard the GT350R exhaust, which is basically what Colin & I created with our modifications. Here is the link to the GT350R exhaust that convinced me that the resonators needed to be removed:

If this noise is NOT for you... listen to Colin, do not have your resonators cut off, or you will be paying someone to reinstall them.
This level of noise may not be for everyone.
It's a personal choice and I may not be the norm.
Good advice. It sounds good. Don’t get me wrong. I would advise not just ripping the resonators out and putting in 2.5” pipes. I would go with a full designed x pipe since I got this horrible harmonic metal trash can sound at 3500rpm. Way to raspy. Some have said this relates to the length and diameter of the 2.5” pipe the shop used.

I would say on a track or weekend car the volume is fine. My issue was related to how I use the car. I daily it and drive around places where the volume keeps me from being able to use the car since heavy throttle is LOUD.

I would suggest people hear it in person before choosing the mod. I went off YouTube videos and they don’t do the volume and rasp justice. It sounds kinda tame on video, but in real life... it wakes the dead. I even videotaped my own car and it sounded similar to the video above. However, in real life it’s like twice as loud without resonators compared to with.

110db with stock resonators. 121dB without resonators. Stock muffler, sport mode.

On the bright side, when the valves are closed. It sounds like stock and you can’t tell if the resonators are there or not.

Last edited:

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
***Resonator Delete Update***
The more I drive this with the resonators deleted, the more I like it. At first I thought it might be to loud... but now I completely love the volume of the modification. Colin's suggestion of hearing it in person is spot on. Do it if you can! Colin's description of "...horrible harmonic metal trash can sound..." Is purely opinion and that is why you need to hear it in person. The trash can sound is what I wanted. It's all personal preferences. If we all had the same personal preference, we would all be driving a performance blue Shelby with white stripes, and we would all be married to the same 5' tall sassy latino... that would not work!
I also have videotaped the exhaust... It is MUCH louder live than it is on video.
I say do it.
Colin says don't.
We are both right... hear it before making the move, or pay to have the original resonators welded back on if you don't like it.
The guy who did mine said he had one person ask to have the resonators welded back on. He asked me if I wanted to keep the OEM resonators in case I changed my mind.
I gambled and said No.

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
I actually liked the sound. Most of the time. I just think I got some horrible harmonic sounds due to the pipe choice. I’m going to try to find someone with a corsa double helix X and see if that fixes the harmonic problem I ran into.

I just want people to be aware, it sounds twice as loud and they need to be prepared for that.

I am amazed how good the stock exhaust note is with the resonators. It is deep and satisfying. Just a little muted if you like hearing what the engine does with throttle modulation. Those burbles when letting off are almost enough to make me get rid of the resonators again.

And I swear it felt faster without the resonators. Guess it was the volume mod. Makes you think it’s faster than it is.

Lol. I have a sickness.
Sponsored