Sponsored

Motor Trend Test 2020 Corvette C8, 0-60MPH in 3.17 seconds (Video)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
You said the goal posts were moved. I said that is because the GT500 costs $10K to $30K more and it will be compared to cars in the same price arena. That is not a difficult concept to understand. It would be like comparing a ZL1 to an Ecoboost Mustang and a Mustang GT based on the pricing difference.

That is what I just said. Have you seen or read or heard anyone denying that the GT500 will win in the quarter mile? Because you sound as if that is something people are debating.

Please post that info here. I'd like to see what everyone's take is.

This isn't the only social media platform. Plenty of C8 Facebook groups and forums have people who were shopping for a GT500 and switched over. I never said people were asking for money back. Maybe they were just interested in one and changed their mind. Or it could have been that the GT500 price turned them off or the markups. Whatever. I don't profess to know all that because I don't ask. But the buzz is that there are lots of cross shoppers who decided on the C8. I follow posts and threads and it seems to come up often that lots of people are deciding on the C8.
So all that typing and you got nothing? Sorry, but I’m moving on. Have fun on your other social media outlets. That your monitoring the hell out of. It’s weird this cross shopping Phenomenon is happening every where but here. You’d think you’d be able to provide at least one example. Right on this forum. Of a Person that got their GT500 deposit back. To buy a C8 Corvette? I mean after all. Where are you going to find more potential GT500 buyers. Than on a Mustang forum? Have a nice day.
Sponsored

OP
OP
YOLO

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
So based on price alone. The comparison must be made? Let’s be honest. Chevy guys know as well as I do. They are going to get their asses handed to them in a drag race. That’s a simple power to weight calculation. And now that videos are starting to leak out. Of the GT500s track performance. They’ve gone silent about the ZLe’s track dominance. They were so sure of 6 months ago. Whatever you’ve been following closely. Doesn’t appear to be showing up on this forum? I haven’t read of a single guy that’s said. I want my GT500 deposit money back. So I can run out and get a C8 Vette instead. If your aware of someone. Please point them out to me. As far as Zo6s or Zoras. They won’t even be offer for another year or two. Going off of Corvettes past releases of special edition vettes. First year-base and grand sport. Year two-Zo6. Year three-Zr1, Zora or whatever alphabet soup GM wants to name their products.
Anyone who doesn't believe that the GT500 won't beat the snot out of a C8 in a drag race is a fool.

C8 wins 0-60MPH and from what I've read both cars get to 100MPH in 7.6 seconds.

After 100MPH the GT500 with 760HP+ will destroy the C8, not even a contest. HP always wins given enough track.

So in the real world, if you own a C8 only race the GT500 from a standing start and not more than an 1/8th mile race. You'll win every race.

1/4 mile race and longer the GT500 will hand you your azz.

I think on a road course it will still be very close as the ZL1 weighs less and offers Manual and Auto. It will be interesting.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Anyone who doesn't believe that the GT500 won't beat the snot out of a C8 in a drag race is a fool.

After 100MPH the GT500 with 760HP+ will destroy the C8, not even a contest. HP always wins given enough track.

So in the real world, if you own a C8 only race the GT500 from a standing start and not more than an 1/8th mile race. You'll win every race.

I'll agree with this.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
So all that typing and you got nothing? Sorry, but I’m moving on. Have fun on your other social media outlets. That your monitoring the hell out of. It’s weird this cross shopping Phenomenon is happening every where but here. You’d think you’d be able to provide at least one example. Right on this forum. Of a Person that got their GT500 deposit back. To buy a C8 Corvette? I mean after all. Where are you going to find more potential GT500 buyers. Than on a Mustang forum? Have a nice day.
We both know for a fact that you are wrong. You've even replied to people who were considering a GT500 but then switched to considering a C8 for the very reasons I mentioned. Here is proof. The very first post on this thread. And you replied. Your reply was number 7. Also of note is comment numbers 8, 13, and 46,
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-never-own-another-gm-product-but-now.126079/

Comment numbers 3, 21, and 44.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/gt-350-just-got-crushed-by-the-c8.125798/

Comment numbers 5, 12, 18, 19, 22, 33, 37, and 38. You also commented on this thread.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/lets-talk-about-the-c8-vs-the-gt500.125760/

Here is another post of interest. You commented on this one as well.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/are-you-in-or-are-you-out.124720/page-2

In all of these there are at least a couple people who were considering buying a GT500 and are now considering a C8 instead. And you replied to one of those people. So let's not play games here. Nobody is taking anything away from the GT500 if that is what you're scared of. But don't act like you're unaware that some people cross shopping both cars are now preferring the C9 on this forum when you were on those same threads. And they all mentioned the same thing I said. Pricing. But I doubt you'll read this since you moved on. But at least everyone else reading will know.

I think on a road course it will still be very close as the ZL1 weighs less and offers Manual and Auto. It will be interesting.
I don't know where he gets his information from. But he is acting like Camaro owners are in denial or haven't admitted that the GT500 will be faster in a straight line. The C8 will get the jump but it will end after that. I think the weight of the GT500 will hurt it around a track against lighter cars with less power. But we will see.

Sponsored

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Not to add fuel to fire but I can imagine there will be aftermarket mods for the c8 z51 too? Imagine slapping a supercharger on it too like the gt500 has a supercharger? I don't know if that means game over for the gt500.

Besides that, gt500 is Ford's top end mustang product or brand or whatever. And for christ sake we are comparing a base model of a C8 to it. That says a lot honestly.

Another point is that those who want power for now will stick with the gt500. The buyers who do choose a gt500 are most likely hard core ford buyers so this shouldn't surprise anyone. For folks who are on the fence maybe 1 or 2 years from now looking for performance, looks, power in one combo, they will sway to the way of the c8 z06. Ford are better off with their marketing this year I would assume before more c8 z06 arrirves.

With that said, a fully loaded gt500 with stripes is about 86k with no ADMs I am assuming. When new cars come out, everyone wants to pay excessive money for them because they think they'll own them forever or there won't be the next great thing after that. Of course the marketing guys know that so the options people want most, that will be the most expensive option. Who wants to pay over 76k for a car only to feel like it's still missing something 'stripes'. Haha.

Oh well, everyone should just enjoy whatever they pay for and drive. Try not to pay too much though, this won't be the last car Ford releases haha. It's all just a car in the end but then final thought is that non hardcore buyers will definitely purchase a c8 base when cross shopping. It looks better, it could be even faster with after market parts too.

Ford did great work with the gt500. Personally I just thought it needed a whole look overhaul or refresh to compete with the c8 putting performance aside.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I smell delusional people that are about to get their feelings hurt and a reality check.

C8 is a game changer period.
The delusion is in comparing a 4 seat pony car to a 2 seat corvette.

Stop moving goalposts.

“Oh. You knocked out of the park? Well...well... so what? Now the park is THIS big! But only for you. The kid in the zl1 shirt still only has to hit it past that line.” It’s comedy. That’s literally what the trolls are doing.

The C8 seems like a really cool car. It’s a win for Chevy in finally getting a mid engine design that works and performs well. Yay. That’s awesome.

But the 500 isn’t playing on the 2 seat sports car field.

Yet it is being pushed up to that class by those who don’t want to deal with it being put into the ring with the zl1.

Let the 500 show what it was made to do by squaring off with the zl1, hellcat, etc.

Then for a bonus round, we can put it in a catchweight bout versus the C8 just for fun.

But... if it ends up hurting the C8 in the 1320, on the track etc.... that’s just really really poor on the part of the vette, which historically is supposed to trounce not just the Camaro, but mustang as well. You guys are going to need medical monitoring if the 500 manages to match or exceed any performance category of the C8.

Popcorn worthy.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Not to add fuel to fire but I can imagine there will be aftermarket mods for the c8 z51 too? Imagine slapping a supercharger on it too like the gt500 has a supercharger? I don't know if that means game over for the gt500.

Besides that, gt500 is Ford's top end mustang product or brand or whatever. And for christ sake we are comparing a base model of a C8 to it. That says a lot honestly.

Another point is that those who want power for now will stick with the gt500. The buyers who do choose a gt500 are most likely hard core ford buyers so this shouldn't surprise anyone. For folks who are on the fence maybe 1 or 2 years from now looking for performance, looks, power in one combo, they will sway to the way of the c8 z06. Ford are better off with their marketing this year I would assume before more c8 z06 arrirves.

With that said, a fully loaded gt500 with stripes is about 86k with no ADMs I am assuming. When new cars come out, everyone wants to pay excessive money for them because they think they'll own them forever or there won't be the next great thing after that. Of course the marketing guys know that so the options people want most, that will be the most expensive option. Who wants to pay over 76k for a car only to feel like it's still missing something 'stripes'. Haha.

Oh well, everyone should just enjoy whatever they pay for and drive. Try not to pay too much though, this won't be the last car Ford releases haha. It's all just a car in the end but then final thought is that non hardcore buyers will definitely purchase a c8 base when cross shopping. It looks better, it could be even faster with after market parts too.

Ford did great work with the gt500. Personally I just thought it needed a whole look overhaul or refresh to compete with the c8 putting performance aside.
The mustang in any trim was never made to compete with the C8 or any corvette.
The C8 is so new, let’s see how it compares with the next Ford GT.

The Camaro is the mustangs peer.

Let’s see what happens when the zl1 has to fight someone it’s own size.

The FI zl1 has been picking on the NA 350 for a few years. Let’s see what happens when it has to fight the FI 500 in its own class. No running to daddy. Fight your own battle.

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500

The FI zl1 has been picking on the NA 350 for a few years. Let’s see what happens when it has to fight the FI 500 in its own class. No running to daddy. Fight your own battle.
You are so correct on this. I don't understand why that's so hard for fools to understand. :like:

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
But... if it ends up hurting the C8 in the 1320, on the track etc.... that’s just really really poor on the part of the vette, which historically is supposed to trounce not just the Camaro, but mustang as well. You guys are going to need medical monitoring if the 500 manages to match or exceed any performance category of the C8.
Everyone (well, most people I hope) is expecting the GT500 to beat both the ZL1 and C8 in the 1/4. No medical monitoring needed there. I expect it to go back and forth with the ZL1 on the track. Long straights? GT500. Tighter track? ZL1. No match for the C8 on track, unless it's an oval..

The GT500 came out priced high, and the C8 came priced low. And we're talking about Ford's top trim pony car vs a base model Vette. Hell, the ZL1 1LE was faster than a base C7 Vette, so shouldn't it be embarrassing for Ford if the big mean GT500 can't beat the base C8 which is priced 10k+ below it? The top trim ZL1 is priced at the base GT500 msrp. Plus.. those things have been out for a while. If the GT500 can't stomp them I hope Ford has an excuse. I think the other reason the Vette comes up is because we all know Ford had to go back and bump the HP to 760 after the ZR1 came out at 755. Why would they bother if the Vette wasn't considered competition?

Anywho, I'm excited to start seeing the reviews roll in. Sounds like there's an embargo on the C8's for about a month or so.

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6

LOL, you know it is just a car right? A ZL1 can't actually pick on anything. JK. The ZL1 was compared to the GT350R because for the past few years since 2017 that was the only thing Ford had that could battle it. What other car was supposed to battle the ZL1? The Mustang GT? The Ford GT? So the GT350R had to fill in the GT500's shoes because it was the only thing in the same price range that could legitimately be compared. And for what it's worth, the GT350R did ok. I think a few people thought it would outperform the ZL1. It didn't but it still performed decent. Now the GT500 is here and the ZL1 has it's true competitor. I'm not sure who the ZL1's daddy is that it is running to because from what I can see the ZL1 is going to go head to head against the GT500. The only reason the C8 is being brought up is because it stole the spotlight and everyone wants to see how it does against the entire performance world. I'd say that more people are interested in seeing the C8 vs GT500 than the ZL1 vs the GT500. That is just what the public wants. Nobody is moving goal posts. It is just the excitement of the C8. It basically made the ZL1 vs GT500 battle irrelevant. But the true battle will happen. And soon.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
LOL, you know it is just a car right? A ZL1 can't actually pick on anything. JK. The ZL1 was compared to the GT350R because for the past few years since 2017 that was the only thing Ford had that could battle it. What other car was supposed to battle the ZL1? The Mustang GT? The Ford GT? So the GT350R had to fill in the GT500's shoes because it was the only thing in the same price range that could legitimately be compared. And for what it's worth, the GT350R did ok. I think a few people thought it would outperform the ZL1. It didn't but it still performed decent. Now the GT500 is here and the ZL1 has it's true competitor. I'm not sure who the ZL1's daddy is that it is running to because from what I can see the ZL1 is going to go head to head against the GT500. The only reason the C8 is being brought up is because it stole the spotlight and everyone wants to see how it does against the entire performance world. I'd say that more people are interested in seeing the C8 vs GT500 than the ZL1 vs the GT500. That is just what the public wants. Nobody is moving goal posts. It is just the excitement of the C8. It basically made the ZL1 vs GT500 battle irrelevant. But the true battle will happen. And soon.
?width=320&version=1609923.gif

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
. But the true battle will happen. And soon.
How true. Weight to HP and resistance will make them more equal than many believe.
Sponsored