damships

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10 PP1 (Rapid Red)
Hello Everyone! :-)

This is my first post here and unfortunately, it's with a super-rookie question. I just got a 2018 Mustang GT last month. I was checking the engine oil level after hearing some dealerships were only putting 8 qts, but mine, fortunately, seems fine. I decided to look at the coolant and it's right at the minimum so I want to top it off this weekend. I know the manual is recommending the Motorcraft Orange Prediluted Coolant.

The coolant liquid in my car's tank, however, appears to look pink. Looking at YouTube videos, I noticed a lot of people's looks pink. Does the orange liquid turn pink with use over time? My car was purchased new and I am at about 1,300 miles right now. Should I just get the Motorcraft Orange and top it off? I know mixing colors isn't good so I just want to make sure. Thanks for the assistance!
Sponsored

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
Hello Everyone! :-)

This is my first post here and unfortunately, it's with a super-rookie question. I just got a 2018 Mustang GT last month. I was checking the engine oil level after hearing some dealerships were only putting 8 qts, but mine, fortunately, seems fine. I decided to look at the coolant and it's right at the minimum so I want to top it off this weekend. I know the manual is recommending the Motorcraft Orange Prediluted Coolant.

The coolant liquid in my car's tank, however, appears to look pink. Looking at YouTube videos, I noticed a lot of people's looks pink. Does the orange liquid turn pink with use over time? My car was purchased new and I am at about 1,300 miles right now. Should I just get the Motorcraft Orange and top it off? I know mixing colors isn't good so I just want to make sure. Thanks for the assistance!
Yea, the orange turns pink. It's the same stuff, you won't be mixing.

OP
OP
damships

damships

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
Yea, the orange turns pink. It's the same stuff, you won't be mixing.
Thanks for the help! I couldn't find an answer to this anywhere lol. I'll definitely top it off this weekend.

OP
OP
damships

damships

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
Found it in the manual as well: "During normal vehicle operation, the coolant may change color from orange to pink or light red. As long as the coolant is clear and uncontaminated, this color change does not indicate the coolant has degraded nor does it require the coolant to be drained, the system to be flushed, or the coolant to be replaced"

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Could probably just top it off with distilled water...
Sponsored