Sponsored

C8 Z06

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
This is literally what you said:

Are you seriously trying to use my personal opinion as an assumption of fact? Nowhere did I say the 2 are compareable spec vs spec. I could have said the 800hp NA engine impressese more than ANY factory supercharged engine ever. Its still an opinion.

You are clearly bent out of shape over an opinion I like seeing NA engines that make some damn good numbers.

Yet somehow you decided to bring emissions into the conversation and attempt to compare them
Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Efficiency due to size and design. It's not that hard to figure out. There is of course the matter of reliability, wiggle room for modding, etc. Besides, Shelby sold a Mustang with 1000 hp already, so there's that.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.digitaltrends.com/cars/shelby-1000-mustang/?amp

Is this the 1000 hp Shelby you are talking about?

That was neither built by ford or anything close to an emissions engine you are so hell bent on.

LOL from the article.......

Unveiled at SEMA 2017, the Shelby 1000 is based on the current-generation Mustang, meaning versions from model year 2015 to 2018. Shelby replaces the stock engine with a 5.2-liter V8. You may think Shelby just swapped in the engine from Ford’s own GT350 Mustang, which has the same displacement. But while the Shelby engine does share cylinder heads with the GT350 motor, it doesn’t share that engine’s unorthodox flat-plane crank design. The Shelby 1000 engine is also supercharged, while the GT350 engine is naturally aspirated.

Riiiiight thats not how Ford built it. Its a Mustang shipped off to Shelby America.

Here is another article. Yup sure sounds like an OEM right off the assembly line Mustang...... LOL

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.motor1.com/news/185520/2018-shelby-1000-mustang-horsepower/amp/

Gone is the standard 5.0-liter V8 found on the factory Mustang GT, in its place is the 5.2-liter V8 from the Shelby GT350. With an added 4.5-liter Whipple supercharger, the pony car pumps out an estimated 1,000 hp (745 kW), and gains features like a new high-flow fuel system, intercooler, ECU tuning, and an upgraded manual transmission.

Ohhhhhhh well Ill be damned that 1000hp Mustang you talk of is heavily modified full of aftermarket parts and uses a Whipple blower....

Gee thats Weird.......

Annnnd finally if you are so hell bent on emission guess what! The damn 1000 hp Mustang is NOT even street legal.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mo...-shelby-1000-is-back-to-tackle-the-track/amp/

Back in 2012, Shelby American showed off a tuned Mustang it called the Shelby 1000. In street-legal form and running on pump gas, the car made at least 950 hp. If you ordered the track version and filled it with race gas, though, it made an insane 1100 hp. Five years later, the Shelby 1000 is back, but this time there's no street-legal version. Instead, Shelby American built this car to be a dedicated track star.
Based on the pre-refreshed S550 Mustang GT, the Shelby 1000 makes a claimed 1,000 hp from a Whipple-supercharged 5.2-liter Aluminator V-8. The internal components have been swapped out, with a new 90-degree crank and modified cylinder heads from the GT350. It also gets other additions like a high flow fuel system, a new intercooler, upgraded transmission, and a modified ECU to help the engine handle that extra power.

Well Ill be damned isnt that odd....... LOL

Welp so much for all that emission rambling you started.....

Shelby America DOES NOT EQUAL FoMoCo people!! Never have never will.

People shouldnt even call a damn GT500 or GT350 a Shelby. Thats for old timers and their Shelby polo t shirts, and matching lawn chairs LOL.

FACT - Ford Has NEVER sold a Mustang making 1000hp Shelby America however has.

But hey how about that C8 huh?

Last edited:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.digitaltrends.com/cars/shelby-1000-mustang/?amp

Is this the 1000 hp Shelby you are talking about?

That was neither built by ford or anything close to an emissions engine you are so hell bent on.

LOL from the article.......

Unveiled at SEMA 2017, the Shelby 1000 is based on the current-generation Mustang, meaning versions from model year 2015 to 2018. Shelby replaces the stock engine with a 5.2-liter V8. You may think Shelby just swapped in the engine from Ford’s own GT350 Mustang, which has the same displacement. But while the Shelby engine does share cylinder heads with the GT350 motor, it doesn’t share that engine’s unorthodox flat-plane crank design. The Shelby 1000 engine is also supercharged, while the GT350 engine is naturally aspirated.

Riiiiight thats not how Ford built it. Its a Mustang shipped off to Shelby America.

Here is another article. Yup sure sounds like an OEM right off the assembly line Mustang...... LOL

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.motor1.com/news/185520/2018-shelby-1000-mustang-horsepower/amp/

Gone is the standard 5.0-liter V8 found on the factory Mustang GT, in its place is the 5.2-liter V8 from the Shelby GT350. With an added 4.5-liter Whipple supercharger, the pony car pumps out an estimated 1,000 hp (745 kW), and gains features like a new high-flow fuel system, intercooler, ECU tuning, and an upgraded manual transmission.

Ohhhhhhh well Ill be damned that 1000hp Mustang you talk of is heavily modified full of aftermarket parts and uses a Whipple blower....

Gee thats Weird.......

Annnnd finally if you are so hell bent on emission guess what! The damn 1000 hp Mustang is NOT even street legal.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mo...-shelby-1000-is-back-to-tackle-the-track/amp/

Back in 2012, Shelby American showed off a tuned Mustang it called the Shelby 1000. In street-legal form and running on pump gas, the car made at least 950 hp. If you ordered the track version and filled it with race gas, though, it made an insane 1100 hp. Five years later, the Shelby 1000 is back, but this time there's no street-legal version. Instead, Shelby American built this car to be a dedicated track star.
Based on the pre-refreshed S550 Mustang GT, the Shelby 1000 makes a claimed 1,000 hp from a Whipple-supercharged 5.2-liter Aluminator V-8. The internal components have been swapped out, with a new 90-degree crank and modified cylinder heads from the GT350. It also gets other additions like a high flow fuel system, a new intercooler, upgraded transmission, and a modified ECU to help the engine handle that extra power.

Well Ill be damned isnt that odd....... LOL

Welp so much for all that emission rambling you started.....

Shelby America DOES NOT EQUAL FoMoCo people!! Never have never will.

People shouldnt even call a damn GT500 or GT350 a Shelby. Thats for old timers and their Shelby polo t shirts, and matching lawn chairs LOL.

FACT - Ford Has NEVER sold a Mustang making 1000hp Shelby America however has.

But hey how about that C8 huh?

Speaking of going round and round in circles. Creating walls of text filled with your own version of reality isn't helping your vertigo.

You took the idea of an aftermarket, no limits, no restrictions engine and legit compared it to an OEM automaker engine that deals with warranties, emissions, and various standards that it must pass.

You then proceeded to use the aftermarket engine as an excuse to mock the GT500 engine. I guess if an actual OEM chevy engine can't beat it, go to the aftermarket, eh?

That is where you owned yourself. No amount of follow up posts is going to change that.

Your continued posting after you've been owned (by yourself no less) is the forum equivalent of the ricer fly-by.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Speaking of going round and round in circles. Creating walls of text filled with your own version of reality isn't helping your vertigo.

You took the idea of an aftermarket, no limits, no restrictions engine and legit compared it to an OEM automaker engine that deals with warranties, emissions, and various standards that it must pass.

You then proceeded to use the aftermarket engine as an excuse to mock the GT500 engine. I guess if an actual OEM chevy engine can't beat it, go to the aftermarket, eh?

That is where you owned yourself. No amount of follow up posts is going to change that.

Your continued posting after you've been owned (by yourself no less) is the forum equivalent of the ricer fly-by.
LOL! Owned by what? An opinion?

Absolutely nothing I posted said one engine is better than the other.

Only thing I keep talking about is where the engines and platforms could be once the enthusiast and aftermarket gets a hold of them.

You have a gigantic case of superiority complex. You just have to be right or you cant sleep at night LOL!

You still dont get the NA engine wasnt compared to the GT500 at all nor was it compared to ANY oem engine.

It was simply an example of what kind of support already exists for the LT1 which is very similar to the LT2 in the C8.

Yet here you are crying about all the oem regulations that have to be followed by a manufacturer yet never have I said or compared the aftermarket engine to an oem one.

Your assumptions and accusations of me comparing the 2 is comical.

But keep beating that but but butttttt emissions drum LOL. Clown.

Last edited:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra

Only thing I keep talking about is where the engines and platforms could be once the enthusiast and aftermarket gets a hold of them.

You have a gigantic case of superiority complex. You just have to be right or you cant sleep at night LOL!

You still dont get the NA engine wasnt compared to the GT500 at all nor was it compared to ANY oem engine.

It was simply an example of what kind of support already exists for the LT1 which is very similar to the LT2 in the C8.

Yet here you are crying about all the oem regulations that have to be followed by a manufacturer yet never have I said or compared the aftermarket engine to an oem one.

You’re like the mole man version of Dory from finding Nemo. “Just keep digging...” as nauseum.

It’s already been explained and obvious to anyone reading this thread but you. You were owned by ... wait for it... YOURSELF!

The fact that you used an aftermarket idea as your hero so that you could “LOL” at “some 760 hp supercharged v8” in comparison is what outer you as a troll. There really is no understanding in you of how and why an automaker OEM ENGINE and an aftermarket engine don’t compare.

It’s basic. Simple even. Unless you just like to troll and then all of a sudden the most simple of things become walls of overcomplex explanations of why your flip flopping is supposedly normal.

Good luck with that.

Oh. And stop digging. Just put away the shovel.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
So,........how 'bout that C8 Z06?!?!? LMFAO :cwl:
When does that beast come out??

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You’re like the mole man version of Dory from finding Nemo. “Just keep digging...” as nauseum.

It’s already been explained and obvious to anyone reading this thread but you. You were owned by ... wait for it... YOURSELF!

The fact that you used an aftermarket idea as your hero so that you could “LOL” at “some 760 hp supercharged v8” in comparison is what outer you as a troll. There really is no understanding in you of how and why an automaker OEM ENGINE and an aftermarket engine don’t compare.

It’s basic. Simple even. Unless you just like to troll and then all of a sudden the most simple of things become walls of overcomplex explanations of why your flip flopping is supposedly normal.

Good luck with that.

Oh. And stop digging. Just put away the shovel.
I never compared the 2 yet you continue to act like it and qssume whatever you choose.

Reading what I said not what you think is hard for you.

Where have I changed my point?

From day 1 it was to show what an engine COULD be with aftermarket help. That statement goes for umm geee like ANY engine ever.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I never compared the 2 yet you continue to act like it and qssume whatever you choose.

Reading what I said not what you think is hard for you.

Where have I changed my point?

From day 1 it was to show what an engine COULD be with aftermarket help. That statement goes for umm geee like ANY engine ever.

Bro... the shovel. Just put it away for crying out loud.

You are quoted. You made the comparison and then tried to flip. It didn't work so intstead of being a man and admitting it was off, you went all in.

The more you go with it, the more the stain sets in. Just throw it in the wash and be done. Sheesh. You try to help a guy...

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bro... the shovel. Just put it away for crying out loud.

You are quoted. You made the comparison and then tried to flip. It didn't work so intstead of being a man and admitting it was off, you went all in.

The more you go with it, the more the stain sets in. Just throw it in the wash and be done. Sheesh. You try to help a guy...
Find said quote thats not an opinion.... LOL

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
The C8 is first year of course, so who knows what kind of issues or quirks may crop up? It also may be brilliant, but time will tell. I would be really hesitant to buy a clean-sheet design like that in its first year. But... somebody wants to be the first to show up at Cars and Coffee with one, right?

For us older guys, a plain vanilla GT Mustang has as much or more HP than yesterdays supercars. It's a great time to be a car enthusiast.
You have a 15 Mustang GT tho.
Sponsored