nhgaudreau

nhgaudreau

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nolan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
That's the noise you here when they are cooling or just coming off the track etc.
It's not that. It only happens on turns and will happen right after starting the car in the morning.
Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
It's not that. It only happens on turns and will happen right after starting the car in the morning.
I was responding to Colleton who said it was the hats aluminum pine inside the steel rotor.

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Anybody else have this? I'll gladly ignore it if it's not a real problem. I hear plenty of cars at autocross make a lot more noise from their two piece rotors. Heck, my BRZ had AP Racing rotors with their "J-Hook" slots and made a buzzsaw noise from hub flex around corners, haha

Sponsored

OP
OP
nhgaudreau

nhgaudreau

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nolan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
UPDATE: I took my car to the track (Thunderhill Raceway) and the wheels didn't fall off. So I guess I'll just live with the clicking since it doesn't seem to be causing any problems.

1LE_traitor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ace McQueen
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜16 GT350
I am very new to this forum but not cars. As for that sound I noticed your thread and went straight to reading because I have the sa,e thing but I donā€™t think itā€™s something dangerous to worry about and it seems to go away after I drive for a bit.

Who knows, I could be wrong but I have had it on the autobahn a good amount of times to 180 since and Iā€™m still breathing.

I do tend to notice it more on colder German winter days though.

OP
OP
nhgaudreau

nhgaudreau

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nolan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I am very new to this forum but not cars. As for that sound I noticed your thread and went straight to reading because I have the sa,e thing but I donā€™t think itā€™s something dangerous to worry about and it seems to go away after I drive for a bit.

Who knows, I could be wrong but I have had it on the autobahn a good amount of times to 180 since and Iā€™m still breathing.

I do tend to notice it more on colder German winter days though.
Interesting. That's good to hear. I'm not sure if it's even making the sound anymore after the track day. I'll have to check.

jaketyndall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Mine were clicking for a long time too and I tried everything but couldnā€™t figure it out. THEN somewhere I saw that the torque spec for the lugs is actually 150+/-15. When I torqued to 165, problem solved! Itā€™s actaully in the gt350 Owners supplementary manual too.

Dutch324

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 Competition Orange Track Pack
Did anyone ever figure out a solution to this? I have a 2016 GT350 that makes the same noise and I'm worried about tracking it...although that is the only reason I bought this car! Glad to see @nhgaudreau make it back from the track day alive. I'm debating on taking mine to Auto Club Speedway in a few weeks, but I was entering the first turn in my 15 GT at about 145, so I'm just hoping everything would hold up under that kind of cornering speed! Any other solutions found or track days under anyone's belt with this issue?

Sponsored

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I tracked mine with the noise. It's not a big deal. Make sure your lugs are torqued properly (150 ft-lbs +/- 15 as mentioned above) and you'll be fine

Dutch324

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 Competition Orange Track Pack
I tracked mine with the noise. It's not a big deal. Make sure your lugs are torqued properly (150 ft-lbs +/- 15 as mentioned above) and you'll be fine
Here's a video of my car making that sound this weekend. Is this similar to yours, and does it still do it?

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Sounds about like what mine did. Does it only do it while turning? I assume you've jacked the car up and checked for bearing freeplay and/or rotational noises in the bearing?
Sponsored