PP2 OWNER EXPERIENCES - RAVES/QUIRKS

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
That's not correct information. @Infidex was the first retail PP2 customer. His car had this part on the passenger side, but not the driver's.

This part was intended to be on the PP2 from the beginning, but assembly line errors occured. His car was also delivered with the wrong spoiler, and no lower splitter. As was mine.
Sponsored

neelas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Package Level 2
Just installed my Euro Spec taillights, seeing amber turnsignals on a S550 takes getting used to though :)
thumbnail.jpg

NIXPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
18' PP2 Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
:cwl:
Just installed my Euro Spec taillights, seeing amber turnsignals on a S550 takes getting used to though :cwl:
thumbnail.jpg
Looks great, sad you corrected "Euro Sped" though

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
So this thread needs a bumping due to a new PP2 “discovery”.

In the other sub-forum on here, member Bluezeke purchased a 2019 PP2. He posted questions regarding the use of Rokblokz at the rear of his PP2, because of a part that is attached to his rear wheel well.

It's on mine (R&L) - built 3/26/19
How many other PP2 owners have this extra part at the rear (see pics in below thread)?

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/pp2-and-rear-rokblokz.128209/#post-2654671

My thoughts are this has to be a late production change in 2019, because it didn’t exist on 2018’s and not in early 2019’s either.
they are on mine (both sides) - built 3/26/19

evoaire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I am a Ford dealer and I ordered analog for my PP2, I know how tough tracks can be on electronics and I hate chasing gremlins.
One can do this? I didn’t see it on ford dot com. It will be cool, another thing I’d like is to have speedo and taco switched. Never liked having tac on the left, my arm covers it up.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Geo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Race Red
So this thread needs a bumping due to a new PP2 “discovery”.

In the other sub-forum on here, member Bluezeke purchased a 2019 PP2. He posted questions regarding the use of Rokblokz at the rear of his PP2, because of a part that is attached to his rear wheel well.

How many other PP2 owners have this extra part at the rear (see pics in below thread)?

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/pp2-and-rear-rokblokz.128209/#post-2654671

My thoughts are this has to be a late production change in 2019, because it didn’t exist on 2018’s and not in early 2019’s either.
I have them on both sides of my 2018 PP2.

racrguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I don’t have mine on either, build date in September of 2018, 19 MY.

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
I have one on the driver side but none on the passenger. There is a gap where the one is absent.

Bluezeke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zeke
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Coming over here to keep up with the conversation about that piece on the rear bumper

Sponsored

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
New PP2 owner. Love the car.

My understanding is that with PP2 the steering feel can't be changed. But we have the switch still??

Anybody found a way to re-purpose the switch?

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
New PP2 owner. Love the car.

My understanding is that with PP2 the steering feel can't be changed. But we have the switch still??

Anybody found a way to re-purpose the switch?
Not sure what you mean you can't change the steering? You have 3 modes, comfort, normal and sport. I switch between them often depending on the type of driving and road conditions. Page 189 in the manual has info on steering and other modes.

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Not sure what you mean you can't change the steering? You have 3 modes, comfort, normal and sport. I switch between them often depending on the type of driving and road conditions. Page 189 in the manual has info on steering and other modes.
Mine put up a not available message. I was in Sport+ at the time.

I remembered reading somewhere during my research frenzy that they weren't adjustable. It's in the Motor Trend test of the 2018 PP2 - https://www.motortrend.com/cars/for...t-performance-pack-level-2-first-test-review/

It's also frustrating that the Mustang's Sport+ and Track modes don't allow the driver to override their heavy, preset steering weights and instead select Comfort to alleviate some of the effort required at the wheel.
They mention Sport+ and Track. I'll have to try it in Normal.

In my former PP1 I lived in Sport+. So far really liking the PP2 in Sport+. My PP1 was an '18 and this engine felt stronger on the way home with under 100 miles on it. It also seems like Sport+ makes a bigger throttle response improvement. Maybe placebo effect, or the reduced weight of my wallet.

rishi_says

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rishi
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem, PP2
Sport + and track have pre set steering settings. In normal or my mode you can choose your steering settings. Similar to how you can't mess with traction control in the track setting.
Sponsored