Sponsored

Is There Anyone Still Waiting For Their 2019 GT350?

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Congrats Mark!! Good times on the horizon. my friend. That's a good lookin' ride!
Sponsored

mqu02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue GT350
Congratulations!!! As a fellow ā€˜19 Kona Blue Black/Black owner I hope you are as happy with your car as I am. Iā€™m really glad it finally arrived, and like so many people have said, the wait will be worth it.

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve been checking this thread 4 times a day waiting for some good news! FINALLY! I just got back from a cruise night and read itā€™s been delivered! AWESOME! Congratulations Mark! Looking forward to some pictures once you have it all cleaned up. My car took 6 months and 26 days from my original order to delivery to me! I know the feeling when you finally get it! Enjoy it while the good weather is still here! Made my day to hear you finally have it! Awesome!

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Congratulations!!! As a fellow ā€˜19 Kona Blue Black/Black owner I hope you are as happy with your car as I am. Iā€™m really glad it finally arrived, and like so many people have said, the wait will be worth it.
KBB!!
(Anyone who watches the Goldbergs = > sounds like the "JTP!" huddle)

Good win Mark - yes, now take your time - compare notes - there are a few things I wish ed I did or did differently and I'm happy to share.
Rain is coming? Damn.....I haven't look at a forcast.

OP
OP
trafficman337

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
UPDATE FROM THE THREAD KILLER! LOL

Again, thanks so much everyone for your kind thoughts and words. Seeing today is a complete rain out, I will be picking it up tomorrow. As Bill and many of you have mentioned, I took my time yesterday and looked the car over judiciously, even though it had the usual road grime and slop on it, the car in my opinion looked good. I will give an update tomorrow morning when I take delivery! Today, I will be securing the financing and deciding on what to have done or not to have done at the dealership.

I can't thank everyone enough for talking me off the ledge through this process. Much appreciated.

Sponsored

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Great. Now I can drive my Shelby without feeling guilty. I take a day or two off and boom, it falls from the sky. I am anxiously waiting for Mark's new thread.... "Has anyone not yet scraped the front splitter?".

Mark it only become's officially yours when you lick it. I recommend washing it first (your tongue, that is). *ducking from gunfire*

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
"Has anyone not yet scraped the front splitter?"

Mike you nailed that one. I have damage pictures - one spot drivers side very close to the edge enough to see frayed plastic if you look close (I do). Was from my own driveway apron backing it out slowly the very 1st time and getting hung up on...get this - sidewalk crown. I always knew the town re-poured it wrong but now its glaringly obvious. That the ZR 1 Addons protective cones are now only direct sold helped me procrastinate - if they were available on Amazon or CJP or LMR or AM et al I would have pulled the trigger weeks ago. That Homedepot had a weak selection of furniture bumpers (which I bought) had the same effect. The 3M VHB for the furniture bumpers showed up earlier this week in time for work getting busy and other excuses. Wed I ordered the SlipLo adhesive anti scrape kits to give that a try (not here yet). A week ago, to not repeat the problem I bought at HomeDepot paver foam underlayment panels to act as apron to street filler and 1/4" outdoor plywood to act as the bridge and smooth surface. Sunday to meet up with ScottieDo I backed the car out and as the wheels hit my filler panels CRACK loud as a tree snapping the wood announced with each wheel crossing to my neighbors that I bought a low slung car and am taking it out before the exhaust does the same. Oh yea, that helped - no scraping but I had to put the car at 45deg to maximize spanning that sidewalk crown and its a pain having to apply shallow ramps every time. Oh yea, I also ordered a spare splitter - $275 from Ebay.....this weekend I'll unpack that and make sure its as expected NIB.
Still at 83 miles - pathetic. I don't mind slighter cooler days but it was down to 51F last night and its not even mid Sept yet....so much to do so much to see (Smash Mouth - All Star).

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
"Has anyone not yet scraped the front splitter?"

Mike you nailed that one. I have damage pictures - one spot drivers side very close to the edge enough to see frayed plastic if you look close (I do). Was from my own driveway apron backing it out slowly the very 1st time and getting hung up on...get this - sidewalk crown. I always knew the town re-poured it wrong but now its glaringly obvious. That the ZR 1 Addons protective cones are now only direct sold helped me procrastinate - if they were available on Amazon or CJP or LMR or AM et al I would have pulled the trigger weeks ago.).
We live in a parallel universe, Mr Bill. I did the same thing the 1st week I had my Shelby. After showing it off to family on our tradition Sunday Dinner gathering I scraped the splitter backing down my sis' driveway. Her's too, has a knuckle from the steep entry to the sidewalk. I had some 'mussel beard' on the very edge / underside. I did not have a file so I used a cheese grater to remove the frayed plastic. It worked nicely! And then a dremel with a fine grinder wheel and you would never know. I expect the underside will gather battle scars over time. The price we pay for style and performance.
I too purchased furniture sliders to offer some protection, and have yet to put them on. It has either been raining, hurricanes and 90F+ here in the Tampa area. That awaits a cool fall weekend along with my carbon fiber dome light cover, door switch replacements and LED bulb replacements. I hope these do not become projects of the Un-Done.

So now we wait for Mark to hear that sound, open a new thread on his initiation to the Shelby Splitter Syndrome, where we may whine about the tragic lives we live driving the beastie.
Mr Bill.jpg

ScottieDoo05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Congrats Mark! Glad to you can finally enjoy your new ride. Can't wait to see some more pics of it and what you decided to do in terms of protection and modifications once you get over the thrill of finally have it. Cheers!!

Sponsored

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
[QUOTE="ScottieDoo05, post: 2658284, member: 42581... what you decided to do in terms of protection ...![/QUOTE]

Mark, may I suggest....
car condom.jpg

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I tried one of those and I can testify that the term "... for a snug fit" as indicated on the wrapper is no where near true. I don't know who that fits, but it ain't no human!

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I am confused. Are you trying to have relations with your car, Dave???

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Where is Mark? Is he sleeping in his car? Has he gone on a voyage with it?

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
ya think?

He prolly handcuffed himself to it in fear it would get away.

I think I may have triggered Dave with that image....
Sponsored