Sponsored

Bret Barber's Ported 2018+ Throttle Bodies - Info / Pics Inside, Available Now, no tuning needed

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
So ported mani gains > port TB gains on stock tune? How much for ported mani?
I got my ported 18 manifold from team beefcake, they sell ones that have already been ported by bret barber.
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I got my ported 18 manifold from team beefcake, they sell ones that have already been ported by bret barber.
If not doing a trade in this is definitely a better way to go. And to address the prev question yes a bit more from the mani than the TB.

OP
OP

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT - 10spd Auto, Performance Pack Lvl 1
FYI all, AFS notes that their TB works with the stock tune and those from VMP and PBD, but Lund doesnt tune for them. Just a PSA

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
FYI all, AFS notes that their TB works with the stock tune and those from VMP and PBD, but Lund doesnt tune for them. Just a PSA
Doesn't "work "with Lund and AED tunes supposedly. I ordered the TB, installed it 15 minutes after it arrived. Car started right up, idled a little funny and then settled on a nice idle.
Went for a ride, got limp mode and codes P2112 & P2119.(TPS throttle body codes). Cleared the codes and they reappeared.
Switched tunes from AED to Lund, same issue. Immediately put the stock TB back on and no issues.
I ended up sending it back to AFS and getting a refund.
I'm not knocking AFS as they offer great products along with great customer service. I'm just not sure if they really don't "work" with aftermarket tunes or I got a bad TB.
Pretty sure it's the later as I was getting TPS codes.
Car runs great on the stock TB.

rmreid17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium
Doesn't "work "with Lund and AED tunes supposedly. I ordered the TB, installed it 15 minutes after it arrived. Car started right up, idled a little funny and then settled on a nice idle.
Went for a ride, got limp mode and codes P2112 & P2119.(TPS throttle body codes). Cleared the codes and they reappeared.
Switched tunes from AED to Lund, same issue. Immediately put the stock TB back on and no issues.
I'm not knocking AFS as they offer great products along with great customer service. I'm just not sure if they really don't "work" with aftermarket tunes or I got a bad TB.
Same exact issue with the AFS TB, no support from Lund in modifying my tune/Returned for full refund (AFS was great to work with and trying to help me)

Sponsored

NickBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Anybody running the AFS throttle body on 18+ with PBD E85 tune? Any issues?

OP
OP

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT - 10spd Auto, Performance Pack Lvl 1
Same exact issue with the AFS TB, no support from Lund in modifying my tune/Returned for full refund (AFS was great to work with and trying to help me)
Same here. Excellent AFS customer service.

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
Same experience, tried two AFS TBs with a new AED tune but I was getting wildly high rpms starts. AFS took them back and refunded me.

Too bad because the quality of work was very nice.

Maxbore TB is working fine.

Leshik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oksana
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10r80
Running PBD e85 tune. I got my Mani and TB ported by AFS, amazing service. But i get this p2119 codes. Gonna have to email them. and ask for a refund on the TB, keeping the Manifold. Car pulls really hard 100%. great job on porting. So far service is outstanding good. But it goes into limp mode more often.

Last edited:

Sponsored

NickBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Running PBD e85 tune. I got my Mani and TB ported by AFS, amazing service. But i get this p2119 codes. Gonna have to email them. and ask for a refund on the TB, keeping the Manifold. Car pulls really hard 100%. great job on porting. So far service is outstanding good. But it goes into limp mode more often.
Let us know what they say about the codes. Is that something that can be fixed?
Thanks!

Leshik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oksana
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10r80
Let us know what they say about the codes. Is that something that can be fixed?
Thanks!
Well Trever says its the TB. im not sure what happend to it. but once i put stock TB back, same tune, car runs great idle is perfect. No effect on performance. I honestly think that TB is not worth porting, or messing around with. As Trever says that TB is not tuneable.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Well Trever says its the TB. im not sure what happend to it. but once i put stock TB back, same tune, car runs great idle is perfect. No effect on performance. I honestly think that TB is not worth porting, or messing around with. As Trever says that TB is not tuneable.
(Code P2119) Throttle Actuator Throttle Body is out of range or not performing properly.

Just a thought,
Swap out the throttle electronic actuator assembly from the stock TB onto the Ported body and give it a try.

I’d be interested in learning why a tune designed for the OEM TB isn’t compatible with a OEM ported TB where the aperture remains unchanged.

On a side note. I thought there was a specific procedure when reconnecting and initial engine start up when changing the TB.
BBK’s custom TB’s use OEM TB electronics and they specify a specific procedure for electronic hookup and starting when installing their Large bored TB.

Last edited:

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
This is exactly what happened to me. I contacted AFS, they asked who's tune I was using.
When I told them, they said that the TB won't work with their tune and the suggested I use PBD.
Skeptical, I emailed PBD and explained everything to them. They replied saying that it was a bad TB.
My opinion is that in the process of disassembly/reassembly of the TB something with the actuator is damaged or improperly reinstalled.

Last edited:

Leshik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oksana
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10r80
This is exactly what happened to me. I contacted AFS, they asked who's tune I was using.
When I told them, they said that the TB won't work with their tune and the suggested I use PBD.
Skeptical, I emailed PBD and explained everything to them. They replied saying that it was a bad TB.
Mu opinion is that in the process of disassembly/reassembly of the TB something with the actuator is damaged or improperly reinstalled.
i agree, i honestly think that since they make the blade thinner that messes with the electronics, because the throttle response is different since blade is lighter
Sponsored