Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I’m using the UPR mounts, dropped a 1/4”
I found that dropping the gearbox 1/4” made the angles perfect BUT I’m on a one piece shaft.
Two piece would need adjustment at the centre bearing also. Not sure what the results might be sorry.
I'll be on a one piece shaft also, but with a T56 Magnum, so I guess I'll just have to see. Might be able to modify the crossmember if necessary, or just make some spacers.
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be on a one piece shaft also, but with a T56 Magnum, so I guess I'll just have to see. Might be able to modify the crossmember if necessary, or just make some spacers.
Tremec do a good app for your phone, helps quite a lot.
I just used washers. Measured thickness with verniers, mixed and matched until the complete thickness was identical between stacks.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Got my car back from the local tuner. Unfortunately he wasn't able to solve the hesitations during light throttle. Because he couldn't really dial it in perfect he just updated the tune for 93 instead of the 91 that comes on the EB tune at no charge so that was nice.

Picked up a few more HP but still need to really dial it in. Will look at potential issues and uprades for another tune in Spring.
I think this is something inherent to the kit and the bypass setup. I've watched and the hesitations seen to happen when it can't decide if it wants to be -5/+5 for boost. It only happens at a very specific amount of throttle and yes it is very annoying but I just drive around it now.

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Got the Stage 1 installed on my 19 over the weekend. I won't get into details on the fuel rails since it's well known they are horrible, but what am absolute shitty design. We spent so much time trying to get a leak free install on the injectors, I almost just ripped everything off and went Whipple. To be honest I am still not confident that they won't start leaking eventually.

I also have the issue where part throttle below 3k is just awful. The car bucks/surges like crazy. Is this just how the Edelbrock tune is, how do they think this is fine? I guess I will be going custom tuning a lot faster than I planned.

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Also, what pulley is pre-installed on the Stage 1 kit, having a hard time finding that? Does the ecoboost perf pack boost gauge read semi-accurately with the Edelbrock tune?

Sponsored

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
Yes that is how the stock Edelbrock tune is. It really is terrible.

I went with PBD for my tune and it drives spot on.

2300 kit has a 3” pulley
2650 kit has 3.25” as far as I’m aware.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes that is how the stock Edelbrock tune is. It really is terrible.

I went with PBD for my tune and it drives spot on.

2300 kit has a 3” pulley
2650 kit has 3.25” as far as I’m aware.
Out of interest, what did PBD need you to swap out before they would tune your car?
Eg. Injectors etc

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing. They first tuned it as it came from Edelbrock with only the addition of a BAP.

I then added GT350 TB, Edelbrock CAI and a 2,75 pulley. The car did 638hp & 617Lbft at the wheel.

I do have some 72lb injectors to go in and already have a tune ready to go. Just waiting on the injector top hats to arrive.

Next plan is long tube headers and high flow cats and see how close to 700whp i can get on a 93 tune.

Dun5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 15 Premium
Got the Stage 1 installed on my 19 over the weekend. I won't get into details on the fuel rails since it's well known they are horrible, but what am absolute shitty design. We spent so much time trying to get a leak free install on the injectors, I almost just ripped everything off and went Whipple. To be honest I am still not confident that they won't start leaking eventually.

I also have the issue where part throttle below 3k is just awful. The car bucks/surges like crazy. Is this just how the Edelbrock tune is, how do they think this is fine? I guess I will be going custom tuning a lot faster than I planned.
I let Lund Racing tune mine. I’m not going to dog Eldebrock. I used the tune to get home.

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Nothing. They first tuned it as it came from Edelbrock with only the addition of a BAP.

I then added GT350 TB, Edelbrock CAI and a 2,75 pulley. The car did 638hp & 617Lbft at the wheel.

I do have some 72lb injectors to go in and already have a tune ready to go. Just waiting on the injector top hats to arrive.

Next plan is long tube headers and high flow cats and see how close to 700whp i can get on a 93 tune.
638/617 seems low for a smaller pulley and custom tune, no? I though I've seen base Stage 1 kits put down ~630 on the can tune.

Either way, the ultimate goal was fuel system, e85, and ~750whp. The Edelbrock tune was mainly just to get me going after the install.

Sponsored

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is the 2300 kit not the 2650.

The 2300 only puts around 550whp on the Edelbrock 93 tune

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Anyone have a 3.25 or 3.50 pulley they feel like selling? Apparently these things are hand whittled by a guy in Mongolia with a pocket knife, I've had one on order for almost 50 days with no sign of shipping.

Furious18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt, 2018 f150 eb 3.5
I purchased a griptec 3.0” pulley directly and it was here within a couple days
Sponsored