Mustang EcoBoost 2.3L High Performance Package Priced at $4,995

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
My '18 EBPP stickered for $42,270 - someone else's abandoned special order, so it came with Shaker and Enhanced Security that I would not have included on my order... call it $40,980. That's a lot of money for a 4-cyl, sure, but I like turbo 4's & this is my daily driver. Plus, I get to enjoy the premium content, lighter weight, great torque, lightning shifts, and amazing Magneride handling every single day. Sure, a base GT would cost less, but I wouldn't be enjoying the one perk of a base GT - 460hp - every day. That's just reality. On top of that, the handling would never be as nice as MR. There's a market for high-content nose-light Mustangs, but it's not going to be the seller that a base GT will be. That's just fine by me.
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
My BMW cost me over $50k and it had 410ft-lbs of torque @ 3,200 RPMs after some tweaks. (more than my first vette)

I ate up all kinds of cars and it outhandled the v8 Mustangs. Fast forward 5 years and Ford makes a turbo Mustang to compete with BMWs... and V8 mustang driver are perplexed? It seems many have never driven, nor witnessed what a BMW 1M, 135, 135is, 235is, 240is, etc... can do! (-Or they don't want to admit it-)

I believe this High Performance $5k package is exactly what the Mustang needed. A tuned HPP will be as fast as any v8 and faster than most older v8s. That is not in question. The question is, how does it handle and perform. I suspect that the HPP/HPO will out maneuver the GT and hold it own anywhere against the v8, except at 70mph+ acceleration where a heaving breathing 5.0 liter eats more air than a 2.3 liter.

The Focus RS engine is capable of 400+ ft-lbs, don't see why this won't either.

Last edited:

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
It seems many have never driven, nor witnessed what a BMW 1M, 135, 135is, 235is, 240is, etc... can do! (-Or they don't want to admit it-)
Well, it's tough to have witnessed what a 235is or 240is could do, as those models never existed.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Well, it's tough to have witnessed what a 235is or 240is could do, as those models never existed.
lol...
Before BMW overmarketed their M-Division's "//M" heritage all over everything... these cars were called XXXis.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
lol...
Before BMW overmarketed their M-Division's "//M" heritage all over everything... these cars were called XXXis.
Seriously, before you go making stuff up, do some minimal research.

The 'is' tag was applied only to late-cycle models that had the mildly upgraded N54 engines. As all versions of the 235/240 have had the N55 or the B58 and are still fairly early in the cycle, there have never been 'is' versions of those cars marketed or even hinted at.

And, quick, look at the list of cars in my sig before you make yourself look even more foolish.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
My apologies for using BMW as an example of buyers who might have an interest in the EBHPP and not consider $40k+ to be exorbitant. Should have realized it could/would create a shitstorm. Can we just go back to arguing about V8’s vs. 4 cylinders?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe we should table this conversation until we hear from a member with a EBHPP. They can then tell us why they bought it and if they feel it was worth it. Us GT folks debating this is fairly pointless as this is not a car any of us are likely to buy.
I'd have probably bought a base EB PP w Recaros if it sounded better (just good for a turbo 4, not asking for V8 soundtrack).

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I'd have probably bought a base EB PP w Recaros if it sounded better (just good for a turbo 4, not asking for V8 soundtrack).
It grows on you... especially cold startup. I still think my old Shelby Charger & Daytona Shelby sounded better for turbo 4's, but I'll take 2x the HP and better in every conceivable way (except weight) every day... If only the S550 was as heavy as my portly Daytona - 2800#...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It grows on you... especially cold startup. I still think my old Shelby Charger & Daytona Shelby sounded better for turbo 4's, but I'll take 2x the HP and better in every conceivable way (except weight) every day... If only the S550 was as heavy as my portly Daytona - 2800#...
I just couldn't match the sound with the S550 body. Eyes and ears didn't agree. In a hot hatch, yeah sure.

Sponsored

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
I had a Shelby Charger GLH-S back in the day...I agree, it did sound pretty good. It was a hell of a lot of fun to drive also. But a modern Mustang EB would rip its head off performance-wise, even if they do weigh about 1k pounds more. An S550 EB in stock form makes 70 hp more than the L98 Corvette did when my old Shelby was new...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I had a Shelby Charger GLH-S back in the day...I agree, it did sound pretty good. It was a hell of a lot of fun to drive also. But a modern Mustang EB would rip its head off performance-wise, even if they do weigh about 1k pounds more. An S550 EB in stock form makes 70 hp more than the L98 Corvette did when my old Shelby was new...
Guess what I saw when I visited Shelby American back it May. It belonged to the shop manager. I had a 87’ Lancer back then (company car) and wished it was a Shelby.
70C0A1E7-CED6-4BB2-BAF7-099743253D8C.jpeg

Deleted member

Seriously, before you go making stuff up, do some minimal research.

The 'is' tag was applied only to late-cycle models that had the mildly upgraded N54 engines. As all versions of the 235/240 have had the N55 or the B58 and are still fairly early in the cycle, there have never been 'is' versions of those cars marketed or even hinted at.

And, quick, look at the list of cars in my sig before you make yourself look even more foolish.
Are you saying that there has never been another "IS" model besides the 335is or are you saying the 235 240 never came as an "IS". Cause BMW definitely had other "IS" models.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
A very wise dog once said, "No no, I'm sorry, I'm very sorry, the correct answer is 'Who gives a shit?".
I'm about to turn the hose on them.
Sponsored