Sponsored

BMC GT350 Track Pack spoiler FOR CONVERTIBLES!!!!!!!

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I fitted mine, paint quality was good and fit was perfect. I ended up fitting mine with the supplied self tapping bolts and 3M tape.

Very happy overall.
IMG_20190819_142129.jpg
IMG_20190707_135444.jpg
Wow, that looks fantastic (the car, spoiler and the photos). I think I'm sold.

So since it looks like you have a PP car, that means no factory wing, so no existing holes, so you drilled mounting holes? I did that for my MMD/Foose on the the previous ride, so I'm not averse to doing it again, but I didn't have a template, kind of had to make my own, take my own measurements, etc.
Sponsored

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
Wow, that looks fantastic (the car, spoiler and the photos). I think I'm sold.

So since it looks like you have a PP car, that means no factory wing, so no existing holes, so you drilled mounting holes? I did that for my MMD/Foose on the the previous ride, so I'm not averse to doing it again, but I didn't have a template, kind of had to make my own, take my own measurements, etc.
I had fitted one of the non PP lips, so I just removed that and used the holes left behind by that.

The spoiler comes with a 'template' which can be used to help locating where the holes need to be drilled. I use the term template very loosely - it's really just some cardboard strips that you stick down to the trunk to mark out the holes.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
@WILDB

Ah, so you went PP-trunk with no holes >> PP-trunk drilled for OEM wing >> BMC wing using existing drilled-by-you holes.

Gotcha, same difference I guess.

Yeah, when I did my MMD wing on my '16 PP vert, it if course had no mounting holes, and my wing was used, so no template. However, I found this neat technique (I posted about it), using 1" wide long (like 14-18") strips of paper, you lightly tape them to the wing so they're hanging out front to back evenly and over the holes of the wing - poke a hole at the mounting location (wing), position the wing and tape them down. Then when you pull the wing off the strips remain with the hole location!

I mean, I've love to do a trunk swap with someone, but find another 18/19 OF convertible, with a OEM wing who wants to trade for a trunk without a wing is pretty low odds ... :D

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
@WILDB

Ah, so you went PP-trunk with no holes >> PP-trunk drilled for OEM wing >> BMC wing using existing drilled-by-you holes.

Gotcha, same difference I guess.

Yeah, when I did my MMD wing on my '16 PP vert, it if course had no mounting holes, and my wing was used, so no template. However, I found this neat technique (I posted about it), using 1" wide long (like 14-18") strips of paper, you lightly tape them to the wing so they're hanging out front to back evenly and over the holes of the wing - poke a hole at the mounting location (wing), position the wing and tape them down. Then when you pull the wing off the strips remain with the hole location!

I mean, I've love to do a trunk swap with someone, but find another 18/19 OF convertible, with a OEM wing who wants to trade for a trunk without a wing is pretty low odds ... :D
Your method sounds very similar to what BMC recommend you do to fit this.

Either way, once fitted, it's extremely secure - you won't have any issues.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
OK, I'm sold, now I just need to determine if I want to get black vs. body matching Orange Fury. I'm kind of leaning towards the latter, I like the idea of it looking like more of an extension of the body vs. an added on component. However, I also realize there's a lot less margin of error for black (especially since OF is a multi-coat finish), and black would be easier to sell (if that came up).

Sponsored

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
OK, I'm sold, now I just need to determine if I want to get black vs. body matching Orange Fury. I'm kind of leaning towards the latter, I like the idea of it looking like more of an extension of the body vs. an added on component. However, I also realize there's a lot less margin of error for black (especially since OF is a multi-coat finish), and black would be easier to sell (if that came up).
I'd go black, will suit the wheels, top and emblems.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
OTOH black will match the roof.
I'd go black, will suit the wheels, top and emblems.
Defiantly black...... FTW
So ...

I reached out to BMC, told them their product has very positive feedback on here, asked about my particular paint color, got nice, quick response from Bruno :) Even he said, while they could paint, and it would be very good, the nature of a color like OF makes it a tough match. He said for a "no worry" match, he'd suggest either black or carbon fiber (the latter is NICE, but then that sends you down an expensive rabbit hole ...)

I mean, the car shifts color so much, that even in the same photo, the front might look yellow and the rear dark orange, so I'm thinking a color matched wing would kind of work anyway, but if you look close, there's a lot going on with OF.

Black you say? :D

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
... and just to clarify, the folks who ordered black, it was a painted finish, and you just used Shadow Black/G1 as the paint code?

I'd guess that's a good "regular black" so to speak.

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
... and just to clarify, the folks who ordered black, it was a painted finish, and you just used Shadow Black/G1 as the paint code?

I'd guess that's a good "regular black" so to speak.
That's the code I ordered.

Turbomark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Ordered one last weekend, thanks to the photos and reviews found here!

Question; I have a ‘15 with the OEM blade spoiler. Can I get away with NOT drilling additional holes? I feel like I’ve seen conflicting responses on it.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Ordered one last weekend, thanks to the photos and reviews found here!

Question; I have a ‘15 with the OEM blade spoiler. Can I get away with NOT drilling additional holes? I feel like I’ve seen conflicting responses on it.

I __think__ if there are factory holes, the BMC wing lines up with 2 of the 4, and covers the other two - then (if you're inclined to use all 4), you'd have to drill two additional holes. I think if I had a factory holes, and just two matched, that would be good enough, and I'd just supplement with good quality 3M body tape.

I don't recall if the blade spoiler has any holes, or if it's just taped on, should be easy to find out in the general or exterior mods areas.
Sponsored