Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 Ford Performance Engineers Training Dealer Reveals More Specs

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I actually believe he let the cat out of the bag of how much the CFTP weighs....
Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
I got a low 10 second vibe in the 1/4 mile with this car I bet because of the DCT; from his comment about how fast it is! Also since he is comparing it to the Demon and the fact that he has previously said "Venom kills Demons", Comparing it to the Demon makes you think of 9s in the 1/4 Im being too optimistic I'm sure but damn that would be badass especially if the car turns out to be underrated due to insurance purposes etc.
You need to hop over to Yellow Bullet.
No stock Demon has ran 9's......low 10's is more to the truth with a ton of glue being used.
I doubt the GT500 will run with one on a glued track, but any other surface the Demon is history.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
You need to hop over to Yellow Bullet.
No stock Demon has ran 9's......low 10's is more to the truth with a ton of glue being used.
I doubt the GT500 will run with one on a glued track, but any other surface the Demon is history.
Yes, 100% stock Demons have run 9s in the quarter.

However you need good weather, rear seat delete, and a good driver.

Most run 9.9 to 10.2 with a good driver and all the race goodies.

On pump gas they are mid 10 cars.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I got a low 10 second vibe in the 1/4 mile with this car I bet because of the DCT; from his comment about how fast it is! Also since he is comparing it to the Demon and the fact that he has previously said "Venom kills Demons", Comparing it to the Demon makes you think of 9s in the 1/4 Im being too optimistic I'm sure but damn that would be badass especially if the car turns out to be underrated due to insurance purposes etc.
Doubt it. Not at under 700whp @ 4225lbs

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I actually believe he let the cat out of the bag of how much the CFTP weighs....
He did a double take at the CFTP to make sure it wasn’t the base when he was talking about how fast the car is in the quarter. Assuming CFTP is slower

Sponsored

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
I wonder if car is still at akins Ford? I am pretty close to there. Is it going to another Atlanta dealer today?

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Want want want. 2021 or an early 2022 will be mine. Patience my friend patience.
I’m already thinking about what I’m going to do for the first run down the quarter mile.

Empty the trunk of my base car. Yank out the rear seat along with the passenger front. Don’t eat for a week and make a run with 1/8 a tank of petrol.

Mid 10’s?

Fixed it. LOL. Being on some good pain meds and voice recognition not knowing the difference, can make for some interesting statements. Throat surgery not fun.

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Kid: I sincerely hope you get what you want, when you want it but in the meantime, I think you meant to type "patience" even though we're all certified MENTAL patients! <grin>

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
..and pinkeye
Hands: I have to admit, it took me about fifteen seconds to figure out WHO you were talking about and when it dawned on me, I couldn't help but chuckle. Your original term or am I showing my age? :-)

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Yes, 100% stock Demons have run 9s in the quarter.

However you need good weather, rear seat delete, and a good driver.

Most run 9.9 to 10.2 with a good driver and all the race goodies.

On pump gas they are mid 10 cars.
My friend......I've spoken to quite a few owners including the people who staged and videoed the last get together.
They do not run nines as delivered from the factory.......too many people think that adding the crate which is listed
as aftermarket by FCA is stock.
Non emission compliant tune
Non emission compliant fuel
Non DOT approved tires and wheels

All of which must be applied or installed after it leaves the factory.

Then we get to the track prep that seems to never be a constant standard.
Seems that glue keeps getting added until desired results are achieved.

The Demon is a low ten second car......oh by the way, that's a fantastic number.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
My friend......I've spoken to quite a few owners including the people who staged and videoed the last get together.
They do not run nines as delivered from the factory.......too many people think that adding the crate which is listed
as aftermarket by FCA is stock.
Non emission compliant tune
Non emission compliant fuel
Non DOT approved tires and wheels

All of which must be applied or installed after it leaves the factory.

Then we get to the track prep that seems to never be a constant standard.
Seems that glue keeps getting added until desired results are achieved.

The Demon is a low ten second car......oh by the way, that's a fantastic number.
The Demon is a low to mid 10 second car off the show room floor.

However the crate, which is shipped separately as you know, is all stock parts that you ordered with the car.

Being reasonable though, The only thing you could say is not stock is the front skinny’s because it does not come with tires for them.

As I have said many times the 9.65 number is a joke and a bad one at that. It’s false advertising and a joke.

It is a 9.8 to 10.2 car with all the goodies installed.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
The crate makes the car no longer street legal, so they should be compared in only street legal state. The GT500 was built to be a 100% street legal, turn key vehicle.
Sponsored