gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Ahhhhhh the great race to 60.:facepalm:
for a street car though isnt that where its at? im more into 1/2 mile 1 mile stuff. I know different strokes for different folks, but this has been THE metric for decades... along with 1/4 mile
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
for a street car though isnt that where its at? im more into 1/2 mile 1 mile stuff. I know different strokes for different folks, but this has been THE metric for decades... along with 1/4 mile
Not on the street. Everyone wants a ricer 40 roll. I don’t know of a single race that starts at zero. And ends at 60? That was a metrics the magazine racers came up with.

Last edited:

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
No on the street. Everyone wants a ricer 40 roll.
"fax" lol

i guess thats mainly because only idiots stop in the middle of the highway to run??????? i guess i kinda maytbe understand the reasoning roll racing is so popular. but the winner is always the one with the most money.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
"fax" lol

i guess thats mainly because only idiots stop in the middle of the highway to run??????? i guess i kinda maytbe understand the reasoning roll racing is so popular. but the winner is always the one with the most money.
Shame I’m broke. And old. I’m just embarrassed to be racing on the street.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
This troll thread.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I think in the end its going to be compared different ways depending on what aisle youre sitting on. Ive always compared the 4cyl mustang against the 4cyl camaro, v6 vs v6, SS vs GT, SS 1LE vs GT pp1 and now pp2, ZL1 vs GT350 and ZL1 1LE vs GT350R. mainly because price. When i cross shopped 45k cars i looked at the 1LE, 392 T/A and GT pp1, i got the GT because it was a 50k car at 39k OTD. Here in M6G i see people compare the SS with the pp1 and pp2 and the SS 1LE with the GT350/R the ZL1 didnt have a comparison because "wait for GT500" its FI.. you cant compare.... but you can based on price. Now the GM fanbois are going to say you cant compare a 100k GT500 vs a 70k ZL1 1LE... Mustang fanbois are going to say they both are FI to compare them.. honestly we hope the 2020 GT500 can beat a 4-5 year old design.

also to say if a 760hp car beats a 485hp engine car in any performance metric is kinda narrowminded right? no doubt what will win a 1/2 mile race, maybe even a 1/4 mile.. it should and we hope it does.. We better hope it doesnt take a 100k carbon pack mustang to beat a base z51 c8.
I was with you until “zl1 vs 350.” Those cars aren’t competitors. Their simply was a 500 peer around, so the zl1 got compared to the little brother.

FI vs. NA? Nope.

The ZL1 is chevys answer to the 500. Not the 350, which was fords answer to the z28 (or their own boss 302 if you believe marketing speak).

Ford was late to the party with the latest 500, but now it’s on. And the zl1 is just going to have to deal.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
This troll thread.
The 500 is hurting major feelings before it’s even available. The trolls must defend their snowflakes by moving the goalposts - it doesn’t really matter if the 500 whoops it’s competitors - because now a 2 seat mid engine car exists that may be faster in some areas.

It’s ike two jr. High kids in a fight. The kid in the zl1 shirt (who was just fine picking on the other kids younger brother) gets his butt kicked by his peer and then says “oh yeah? Well my dad can beat you up!”

That’s where the trolls are at. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
I was with you until “zl1 vs 350.” Those cars aren’t competitors. Their simply was a 500 peer around, so the zl1 got compared to the little brother.

FI vs. NA? Nope.

The ZL1 is chevys answer to the 500. Not the 350, which was fords answer to the z28 (or their own boss 302 if you believe marketing speak).

Ford was late to the party with the latest 500, but now it’s on. And the zl1 is just going to have to deal.
And the Crapmaro zl1,1le will get its ass kicked by the new GT500 :cwl::crackup:

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD

FI vs. NA? Nope.

Since money doesn’t grow on trees and zl1 pricing is similar to the GT350 pricing (GT350R is even higher), these cars become competitive. You can blame Ford for that.

If Ford priced the GT350 similar to Boss302 which should have been the case with a base price around 44 grand, we wouldn’t be comparing these cars. Instead Ford targeted the Z28 camaro pricing without considering the car was going to retire. Sure they spent ton of money on r&d for the 5.2 but the sales of the regular mustang can take that and some.

There is no fi vs na, there is money vs money. If one car is offering more power even with forced induction for the same price, who cares one has an na engine one has a fi engine. Look what Ford got them selves into now, for 92+ grand GT500 CF Track Pack, people will be comparing it to the upcoming C8 ZO6.

Last edited:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Since money doesn’t grow on trees and zl1 pricing is similar to the GT350 pricing (GT350R is even higher), these cars become competitive. You can blame Ford for that.

If Ford priced the GT350 similar to Boss302 which should have been the case with a base price around 44 grand, we wouldn’t be comparing these cars. Instead Ford targeted the Z28 camaro pricing without considering the car was going to retire. Sure they spent ton of money on r&d for the 5.2 but the sales of the regular mustang can take that and some.

There is no fi vs na, there is money vs money. If one car is offering more power even with forced induction for the same price, who cares one has an na engine one has a fi engine. Look what Ford got them selves into now, for 92+ grand GT500 CF Track Pack, people will be comparing it to the upcoming C8 ZO6.
Or you can just blame yourself for comparing apples and oranges, no matter how expensive apples get.

Phones can be more expensive than laptops, but it’s not the company’s fault if some weirdo wants to do a comparison. It’s the weirdos fault. Don’t be a weirdo. End of lesson.

And if you think there is nothing seriously off about comparing a supercharged v8 to a naturally aspirated one, then God help you sir.

Money is money and cheapness happens when no one buys your stuff. Doesn’t change the fact that the cars aren’t competitors. The heavyweight champ 500 is the peer to the opposing heavyweight champ ZL1 and the ZL1 fans are looking for a way out of the ring.

Sponsored

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
If that had been the case with pricing, I would have a GT350 instead of a 1LE right now.

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Or you can just blame yourself for comparing apples and oranges, no matter how expensive apples get.

Phones can be more expensive than laptops, but it’s not the company’s fault if some weirdo wants to do a comparison. It’s the weirdos fault. Don’t be a weirdo. End of lesson.

And if you think there is nothing seriously off about comparing a supercharged v8 to a naturally aspirated one, then God help you sir.

Money is money and cheapness happens when no one buys your stuff. Doesn’t change the fact that the cars aren’t competitors. The heavyweight champ 500 is the peer to the opposing heavyweight champ ZL1 and the ZL1 fans are looking for a way out of the ring.
There is no help for that fool:lipssealed:

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
If that had been the case with pricing, I would have a GT350 instead of a 1LE right now.
That makes more sense since the base GT350 is on SS 1LE level performance. GT 350 R would have been a 55 grand car still lower than a ZL1, and the upcoming GT 500 would have been a 65 grand car. Problem solved. Everything is balanced, plus increase in sales for Ford.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)

Phones are more expensive than laptops! Ask yourself why? Phones come with CPU's and GPU's as powerful as laptops, they fit in your pocket easy to carry around, they have GPS, cameras, runs games and videos, record HD videos, and guess what, you can make a call with them too. Your example is plain stupid and you need to start working your brain cells a little more. If you don't want to compare a supercharged v8 to a naturally aspirated one, I have bad news for you, currently we have inline turbo 4 vehicles being compared to NA V6's and V6 turbos or supercharged being compare to V8's, what is your take on those? You only want to go NA vs NA and FI vs FI. Plain stupidity. How old are you for gods sake?
Sponsored

Last edited: