Sponsored

P0456 Evaporative Emission Leak - Any one get this code yet?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Hey folks - While running a 10 minute errand this morning, my check engine light came on. Just got the code pulled and it's P0456.

I searched the forums but that has not come up at this time.

Anyone else get this code yet?
Sponsored

rl16v6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Black EB Premium, 2008 Shelby GT500
Hey folks - While running a 10 minute errand this morning, my check engine light came on. Just got the code pulled and it's P0456.

I searched the forums but that has not come up at this time.

Anyone else get this code yet?
Yes, it is the fuel tank vent valve located by the charcoal canister under your trunk area. I just had mine replaced under warranty this week.

OP
OP
Todd15Fastback

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Yes, it is the fuel tank vent valve located by the charcoal canister under your trunk area. I just had mine replaced under warranty this week.
Great. Thank you!!!

Sponsored

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
I just looked up the emissions warranty and I don't think it covers the canister purge valve

EMISSIONS DEFECTS WARRANTY COVERAGE

During the warranty coverage period, Ford Motor Company warrants that:

• Each vehicle or engine is designed, built, and equipped to meet – at the time it is sold - the emissions regulations of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
  • Each vehicle or engine is free from defects in factory-supplied materials or workmanship that could prevent it from conforming with applicable EPA regulations.
  • There are no charges for diagnosis, repair, replacement, or adjustment of defective emissions-related parts listed under What is Covered? by downloading the Warranty pdf.

The warranty coverage period for the following parts is 8 years or 80,000 miles (whichever occurs first):

• Catalytic Converter
  • Electronic Emissions Control Unit (ECU)
  • Onboard Emissions Diagnostic Device

For all other covered parts, it is 3 years or 36,000 miles (whichever occurs first).

51413en-foc-7-21-06-19.gif
Sponsored