Sponsored

I want my build date!

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
Another week down and another phone call to Ford Performance. I placed my order the very first week that the banks opened for ordering. I have a Shadow Black base, technology package and carbon fiber dash. I have no VIN but have a confirmed DORA. It is still "Unscheduled - Material Hold". What "material" is holding this up? My dealer got 2 allocations and the other one was a CFTP that is scheduled for the week of 7/29. I know the guy getting the other allocation and I'm shocked that mine wasn't pulled as well. What kind of random shot in the dark process is Ford using to select the builds? So frustrating and the lack of transparency is reflective of poor leadership. You are making 5000 of these. Just give the true fans and loyalists a bit more information and we will fly the Blue Oval flag all day.
Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Another week down and another phone call to Ford Performance. I placed my order the very first week that the banks opened for ordering. I have a Shadow Black base, technology package and carbon fiber dash. I have no VIN but have a confirmed DORA. It is still "Unscheduled - Material Hold". What "material" is holding this up? My dealer got 2 allocations and the other one was a CFTP that is scheduled for the week of 7/29. I know the guy getting the other allocation and I'm shocked that mine wasn't pulled as well. What kind of random shot in the dark process is Ford using to select the builds? So frustrating and the lack of transparency is reflective of poor leadership. You are making 5000 of these. Just give the true fans and loyalists a bit more information and we will fly the Blue Oval flag all day.
I think the idea is they pick one here and there and over there.
Not 2 or 3 in the same town if you know what I mean.

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
I think the idea is they pick one here and there and over there.
Not 2 or 3 in the same town if you know what I mean.
That matches what my dealer told me about them not wanting to flood areas all at once.

Doc, ford uses JIT delivery for manufactering, meaning they dont keep massive amounts of inventory. Parts coming in more or less match the speed at which they use them. Their ERP system says "material hold" because they are actually missing the material on hand, however even if they had the material they STILL wouldn't build because their plant is at econonic capacity.

OP
OP
DocGT

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
That matches what my dealer told me about them not wanting to flood areas all at once.

Doc, ford uses JIT delivery for manufactering, meaning they dont keep massive amounts of inventory. Parts coming in more or less match the speed at which they use them. Their ERP system says "material hold" because they are actually missing the material on hand, however even if they had the material they STILL wouldn't build because their plant is at econonic capacity.
Great info. Thank you.

Can’t wait to move to actually having a build date.

Reactions: Tym

Tym

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tym
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500
Great info. Thank you.

Can’t wait to move to actually having a build date.
Same story. I don't have VIN and build date too. I look forward to hearing good news from Ford. :frown:

Sponsored

Kettlebell99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2012,2017 Jeep Wranglers
Hey doc, I am in the same situation as you. I ordered mine and haven’t heard anything. I’m sure I’m just being impatient. When was it you ordered yours?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Same story. I don't have VIN and build date too. I look forward to hearing good news from Ford. :frown:
Not sure if you ordered your car with the CFTP option but in any event it is my understanding that each Canadian SVT/FP dealership will have their 2 CFTP allocations built starting sometime next March.

If you didn't select the CFTP option then suggest that you may still have a chance for a 2019 calendar year build.

Good luck whatever the case!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reactions: Tym

Kettlebell99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2012,2017 Jeep Wranglers
Not sure if you ordered your car with the CFTP option but in any event it is my understanding that each Canadian SVT/FP dealership will have their 2 CFTP allocations built starting sometime next March.

If you didn't select the CFTP option then suggest that you may still have a chance for a 2019 calendar year build.

Good luck whatever the case!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Mine wasn’t cftp so that gives me hope for this year. Hopefully before the snow flys!

mannymo5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang equip with 2.8 KB SuperCharger.
Don’t worry man I’m literally in the same situation very frustrating unfortunately.

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
From what I was told Ford is only building these in September and October this year and then starting up again in January. They will pick and choose from different geographical locations which ones they will build. Now this could all be BS, but with the number of us who ordered and do not have a build date, I am leaning towards it being fact.

Mike
Sponsored