Sponsored

is doing exhaust on a 2019 GT necessary?

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Stock is really good. I wanted a change in overall tone away from the somewhat tinny sound with no rasp. Added flowmasters american thunder axle back. It cleans up the crush bent bends in the pipes from the resonator to the mufflers and adds 3” mandrel bends. Gives you the more old school 5.0 sound. Win win!
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Try putting the rear seat backs down, it's quite a bit louder in the car without changing the outside at all.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Try putting the rear seat backs down, it's quite a bit louder in the car without changing the outside at all.
My gf says it’s twice as loud behind me than in the car. I need to try putting the seats down. Or trust someone to drive it and follow behind it so I can hear it.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
It really just depends on how you want to approach making power. An exhaust will definitely give you some power, more so the cats being removed will do the most for you in that regard. If you're not too concerned with making the most power you can, the stock system works fine. Let us know you have any idea or questions you'd like to run by us.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
My gf says it’s twice as loud behind me than in the car. I need to try putting the seats down. Or trust someone to drive it and follow behind it so I can hear it.
I did the Roush X pipe first, then a month later, wanted more. Put the seat backs down to have room for cargo and was pleasantly surprised. Seat backs never went back up.

Sponsored

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
I have the same car and the only thing I did was a steeda H pipe it’s a little bit louder but not overly loud I love the sound

Grassfed65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT manual with PP1
Not the same.
I have only the Steeda H-Pipe on my 18 base. I have always wondered what the actual difference between the valved muffler and the base. How are they different other than the valve?

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
First thing I did to mine was get rid of the stock exhaust. 15-17s are super damn quiet.

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
I have only the Steeda H-Pipe on my 18 base. I have always wondered what the actual difference between the valved muffler and the base. How are they different other than the valve?
If I had to guess, the non-active cars likely have some sort of "built in" valve that runs the exhaust in what active-exhaust equipped vehicles call normal mode (or maybe something between normal and sport?). Hard to know without looking directly into the exhaust tips with a light on the non-active cars. But you might be able to notice something if you look directly into the interior tip of each muffler and see if there is anything in there that could act as a valve.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
If I had to guess, the non-active cars likely have some sort of "built in" valve that runs the exhaust in what active-exhaust equipped vehicles call normal mode (or maybe something between normal and sport?). Hard to know without looking directly into the exhaust tips with a light on the non-active cars. But you might be able to notice something if you look directly into the interior tip of each muffler and see if there is anything in there that could act as a valve.
I would think the active mufflers are a little more opened up than the non active ones so no valves at all are needed in the non active setups. That way the active mufflers with track setting can be a selling point. Absolutely no clue though.

Sponsored

‘19 GeeTee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have the active exhaust on my '19 GT. How would the volume and tone change if I switched to an X or H pipe?

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
yes

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have the active exhaust on my '19 GT. How would the volume and tone change if I switched to an X or H pipe?
Just louder. Inside the car, to you and passengers, it will sound more brassy or the silly description "raspy". Outside where it counts it will just sound like a much louder and slightly higher pitched muscle car. From my muscle car friends to my Harley friends everyone loves the sound of the exhaust without the resonators.

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
I went with the Steeda H and I love it. You get great volume out of Sport and Track modes. Normal is a little louder, but it has a much deeper sound with the H. Quiet is still pretty quiet. The guys over at AmericanMuscle put together a really nice video detailing the change.

Note that it's a different brand H-pipe, but the idea and sound are going to be pretty close depending which company you go with. I definitely recommend it. The tone is amazing and the extra sound, especially when in Sport and Track modes is fantastic.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I have active exhaust. Was loving it. Then I bought a steed x and a H cause I couldn’t decide. Put the X on and love it. So the Steeda H is still in the box with a pile of parts in the garage.
Sponsored