Coming from a 2016 Camaro SS....

‘19 GeeTee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
6 speed manual....to a brand new ‘19 Mustang GT, magnetic metallic, 6 speed manual. Loving the Mustang thus far. The active exhaust sounds pretty amazing for an OEM exhaust. BLOWS the Camaro dual mode exhaust out of the water, as far as tone and volume. The Mustang is more roomy inside as the driver. Better visibility from the Mustang. Once I get rid of the HIDEOUS factory 18's(20" P51's on order), I'll like it that much better. Power is very close. The clutch engagement is way better on the Mustang. I liked my SS as well, but overall driving experience, advantage Mustang. I think they both look great(excluding the new front end on the Camaro).
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
... and now you won't have to wear a skirt :D

P51s are a great choice, I'm running MRR M600, the same/but different (both are based on the Ford GT wheel, which is pretty cool). What size tire setup? Yeah, I just moved from a '16 to a '19 with the AE, and usually the stock exhaust is one of the first things to go, but I am digging it in the various modes, Track is loud enough, and the quiet start function is very effective.

Oh yeah, photos or get the hell out :D

OP
OP

‘19 GeeTee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
... and now you won't have to wear a skirt :D

P51s are a great choice, I'm running MRR M600, the same/but different (both are based on the Ford GT wheel, which is pretty cool). What size tire setup? Yeah, I just moved from a '16 to a '19 with the AE, and usually the stock exhaust is one of the first things to go, but I am digging it in the various modes, Track is loud enough, and the quiet start function is very effective.

Oh yeah, photos or get the hell out :D
I refuse to post photos until I get rid of the nasty 18's...lol.

20 x 10/11
275/35, 295/35

I can't tell much of a difference between normal, sport, and track mode as far as volume. Quiet mode is definitely quiet!

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Why the switch?

OP
OP

‘19 GeeTee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Why the switch?
Got into a front end collision and they couldn't match the paint to my liking after 3 tries and that bugged the hell out of me. Can't stand the new front end of the Camaro, but wanted to stick with an American V8. The Challenger is a boat, so that left the Mustang. Test drove it and the rest was history. I truly like it better than the SS.

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I found the clutch on the SS to be much easier to use than the Mustang. I'm assuming you're still using the stock clutch return spring on yours? I don't think anyone would say it has a good engagement feel, or any feel at all, without swapping out that spring.

edit: I feel your sentiment about bad repair work. I had a 2018 GT that I loved and got hit, 3/4 of the car was repainted and it was...not great. Felt like an idiot for trading for a 1 MY newer car but ended up getting a lot of upgrades in the end.

I recommend doing this stuff to yours since it's not a PP car, very cheap and stiffens the front up a good bit:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...extension-lower-k-brace-install-guide.100800/

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
6 speed manual....to a brand new ‘19 Mustang GT, magnetic metallic, 6 speed manual. Loving the Mustang thus far. The active exhaust sounds pretty amazing for an OEM exhaust. BLOWS the Camaro dual mode exhaust out of the water, as far as tone and volume. The Mustang is more roomy inside as the driver. Better visibility from the Mustang. Once I get rid of the HIDEOUS factory 18's(20" P51's on order), I'll like it that much better. Power is very close. The clutch engagement is way better on the Mustang. I liked my SS as well, but overall driving experience, advantage Mustang. I think they both look great(excluding the new front end on the Camaro).
So if you had to guess? You think you could lay down a very similar 1/4 mile time in both cars. I know the VS section of Camaro6 likes to say the Camaro manual is faster. But that just seams like another really stupid comment from dumb guys.

OP
OP

‘19 GeeTee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just blur the wheels out before posting because, pics or it didn’t happen.

Welcome aboard.
So if you had to guess? You think you could lay down a very similar 1/4 mile time in both cars. I know the VS section of Camaro6 likes to say the Camaro manual is faster. But that just seams like another really stupid comment from dumb guys.
Yes, it would be close. No doubt about it.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Amazing how much bigger the Camaro looks
IMG_0277.JPG

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
So, you say "overall" driving experience you give to the Mustang. Can you explain a little further? Beyond visiblity and room.

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Amazing how much bigger the Camaro looks
IMG_0277.JPG
Actually, the official width is the same and the Mustang is slightly taller.
Capture.1.JPG
Sponsored