Where were you?

CodyO32689

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, MT-82, Oxford White | 2013 Infiniti G37x
Where were you on 9/11/01 when the towers were struck? I was in my 7th grade class. Everyone was silent and fixated on the TVs. My dad came and picked me up shortly after.
Sponsored

Exhausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1 A10
Freshman year of college
I was getting ready for class, when I finally got to class there weren't too many at school.

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
I was at work walking by a tv showing when the two planes hit and didn't know what it was at first.

jgruben1134

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2 Velocity Blue "Moby"
I slept in that day, skipping class, spending some "quality time" with my then gf. She had no TV at here house, and I was too busy to answer the multiple phone calls from friends. When I finally did respond, I couldn't believe what I was being told. Ran over to a friends house and glued myself to the TV for the next few days. This and the Challenger explosion are two of my strongest memories.

OP
OP
CodyO32689

CodyO32689

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
I was at work walking by a tv showing when the two planes hit and didn't know what it was at first.
When the second plane hit is when I think most people went from "terrible accident" to "terrorist attack". It was an eerie feeling.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CodyO32689

CodyO32689

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
I slept in that day, skipping class, spending some "quality time" with my then gf. She had no TV at here house, and I was too busy to answer the multiple phone calls from friends. When I finally did respond, I couldn't believe what I was being told. Ran over to a friends house and glued myself to the TV for the next few days. This and the Challenger explosion are two of my strongest memories.
I wasn't around for the challenger explosion but this event is burned into my memory forever. Especially the images of people jumping from the windows of the trade centers. It's still just as chilling now as it was then.

jgruben1134

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2 Velocity Blue "Moby"
I wasn't around for the challenger explosion but this event is burned into my memory forever. Especially the images of people jumping from the windows of the trade centers. It's still just as chilling now as it was then.
Definitely. I still tear up a bit every 9/11 morning thinking about it. It saddens me even more to see less and less people acknowledging it each year. No one has mentioned it at the office this morning. I took my few moments of silence as usual, though.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
When the second plane hit is when I think most people went from "terrible accident" to "terrorist attack". It was an eerie feeling.
When I saw the second plane hit I knew the US would never be the same. I was at school and remember the look on my science teachers face. He knew this changed everything as well.

The real question when it comes to 9/11 is did they win? Patriot Act, Middle East Wars, Rise of Terrorism, military spending going parabolic.

I believe they did. Whoever actually facilitated this event got exactly what they wanted. Fear, discord, and mistrust. The only true way to fight terrorism is to not be terrorized.

OP
OP
CodyO32689

CodyO32689

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
Definitely. I still tear up a bit every 9/11 morning thinking about it. It saddens me even more to see less and less people acknowledging it each year. No one has mentioned it at the office this morning. I took my few moments of silence as usual, though.
I agree. We've had Youtube videos running in the office here and there since this morning. And our flag is at half staff out in front of the building.

OP
OP
CodyO32689

CodyO32689

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
When I saw the second plane hit I knew the US would never be the same. I was at school and remember the look on my science teachers face. He knew this changed everything as well.

The real question when it comes to 9/11 is did they win? Patriot Act, Middle East Wars, Rise of Terrorism, military spending going parabolic.

I believe they did. Whoever actually facilitated this event got exactly what they wanted. Fear, discord, and mistrust. The only true way to fight terrorism is to not be terrorized.
I think they got exactly what they wanted. Even though I was so proud of the country for coming together in a way that hasn't been seen since, it doesn't change the fact that it substantially transformed the way our nation operates. The only way to deal with terrorism (foreign or domestic) is to prevent it, which is a form of fear that again is a direct result of events like 9/11.

Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
I was at work. We all ended up in the conference room fixated on the tv. Yesterday was my b-day (turned 50, ugh, but 50 is the new 40 right?!), so now I always associate 9/11 with my birthday.

OP
OP
CodyO32689

CodyO32689

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
I was at work. We all ended up in the conference room fixated on the tv. Yesterday was my b-day (turned 50, ugh, but 50 is the new 40 right?!), so now I always associate 9/11 with my birthday.
Well happy belated birthday. There are two people here in the office with a birthday today. I bet the celebration was cut short that day.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I spent the summer of 01 in Saudi Arabia, courtesy of the US Air Force. Three months working aircraft maintenance at Al Kharj air base, surrounded by barbed wire, concrete barricades, and armed guards, with multiple exercises to ensure we were ready for terrorists attacking us. I got back stateside on Sep 1, what a relief, no more worries about getting attacked by crazy Saudis. Ten days later, guess what, they followed us home.

Everybody remember that "unspeakable bastards" essay that went around for months afterward?

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I was in my early-mid 20's. slept in and when i woke up (central time) jumped on AOL i saw a picture of a tower burning and thought thats the best special effects ive ever seen in a movie.... then it hit, i turned on the TV as the first building fell. Had no idea what was happening. I joined the Army in 99 and ruined my knee in Airborne school in early 2000. I still couldnt move around very well and the first thing i did was rush to some friends house on base at Ft Hood TX. Thought for sure we was about to be at war that evening. For those that are too young, its hard to see the differences in America Sept 10th to Sept 12th, That day in the middle changed us. And while i see the "never forget" posts everywhere, it really does seem we've forgotten.

I dont really believe in "reincarnation" but the three biggest events that get me emotional, 9/11, Challenger, and for some reason i dont know why the Arizona. Ever since i was little i was drawn to the Arizona and Pearl Harbor. ive had "dreams" vividly of the ship and attacks. Most likely my imagination from reading so much about it when i was a kid, but i was 8-9 years old and seen a picture of it and knew the ship and history about it. crazy lol

OP
OP
CodyO32689

CodyO32689

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
I spent the summer of 01 in Saudi Arabia, courtesy of the US Air Force. Three months working aircraft maintenance at Al Kharj air base, surrounded by barbed wire, concrete barricades, and armed guards, with multiple exercises to ensure we were ready for terrorists attacking us. I got back stateside on Sep 1, what a relief, no more worries about getting attacked by crazy Saudis. Ten days later, guess what, they followed us home.

Everybody remember that "unspeakable bastards" essay that went around for months afterward?
I was in my early-mid 20's. slept in and when i woke up (central time) jumped on AOL i saw a picture of a tower burning and thought thats the best special effects ive ever seen in a movie.... then it hit, i turned on the TV as the first building fell. Had no idea what was happening. I joined the Army in 99 and ruined my knee in Airborne school in early 2000. I still couldnt move around very well and the first thing i did was rush to some friends house on base at Ft Hood TX. Thought for sure we was about to be at war that evening. For those that are too young, its hard to see the differences in America Sept 10th to Sept 12th, That day in the middle changed us. And while i see the "never forget" posts everywhere, it really does seem we've forgotten.

I dont really believe in "reincarnation" but the three biggest events that get me emotional, 9/11, Challenger, and for some reason i dont know why the Arizona. Ever since i was little i was drawn to the Arizona and Pearl Harbor. ive had "dreams" vividly of the ship and attacks. Most likely my imagination from reading so much about it when i was a kid, but i was 8-9 years old and seen a picture of it and knew the ship and history about it. crazy lol
Thank you both for your service. I can't help but imagine that 9/11 would hit harder every year if you were a member of the military during or previous to the attacks.
Sponsored