Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Even if powder coated, wouldn't stainless get hot? Just my .02
Without the powder coat it sure can. I have a bare aluminum Hurst t-handle on my '78 WS6 4 speed. If parked in the summer in the sun uncovered, no way to hold it. I'm sure the powder-coat helps a lot. Not that the powder-coating isn't as hot, but its not a great conductor of heat so, all the heat in the metal can't pour into your hand faster than your hand can safely absorb it.

I've heard bare metal can be a problem in extreme cold too. I seem to remember reading a forum post about someone grabbing the same t-handle I have with damp hands and freezing to it like Flick's tongue in A Christmas Story.
Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Good deal. I couldn't remember if I read somewhere that step downs and extension affect the torque or not. I'll double check the lug nuts at lunch time. Thanks again
As long as you have a straight line going from the socket through the adapter/extension to where it attaches to the torque wrench, it's all good.

I used to use an S-shaped extension on a big torque wrench to put wing bolts on C-130s; that's not a straight line and we had to do some math to allow for the extra torque due to the longer lever arm, and figure out the wrench setting to put the proper torque on the bolts. The math wasn't complicated, but it was important to get it right when we're talking about holding the wings on 4-engine transport planes.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Excellent, you got them! As I mentioned, I'm running my black ones now, but today (finally, after a week delay ...), I'm getting in my orange endcaps, I'll install and shoot a photo later. :)
Oh wow, these look really slick (once installed), got one wheel done just to check them out, will finish tomorrow morning and shoot a couple of photos before we hit our Wed HIIT :D

IMG_5944_trimmed_1200.jpg

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
Removed the sound tube. What a nightmare! Hopefully my new red SR auto shift knob install later this week goes better!

Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Oh wow, these look really slick (once installed), got one wheel done just to check them out, will finish tomorrow morning and shoot a couple of photos before we hit our Wed HIIT :D

IMG_5944_trimmed_1200.jpg

Looks sweet. Can't wait to see them on. I guess I need to see if they make them for the red.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Looks sweet. Can't wait to see them on. I guess I need to see if they make them for the red.
They do! There's red, orange, yellow/gold, solid black, black with silver logo and the two fastener holes. I guess these were sort of a special order, but the red, black were even available through Amazon (or were). I got these from CarID.

upload_2019-9-10_21-26-35.png

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
They do! There's red, orange, yellow/gold, solid black, black with silver logo and the two fastener holes. I guess these were sort of a special order, but the red, black were even available through Amazon (or were). I got these from CarID.

upload_2019-9-10_21-26-35.png
Thanks man. Got that on order. For some reason I couldn't find them.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Thanks man. Got that on order. For some reason I couldn't find them.

Cool, and they're so cheap, you can get a few different sets for cheap. I mean, they're just plastic AFAICT, but they've got a nice metallic sort of finish.

I almost ordered some black with silver logo (just for a change up) since there was no additional shipping, and it would've only been another $12. They look really good, my wheels needed something to break up the black, and this is just enough color, and the orange is close enough :)

Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Those look sweet! :like:

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Carbon Fiber GT350 track pack spoiler added!
WnxgEyY.jpg
Sponsored