• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: Texas FS: 2017 GT350 with extended warranty and lots of extras (Austin, TX)

radiantm3

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wookie8.com
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2008 Honda S2000
Hey Guys,

I'm selling my well sorted and taken care of GT350 out here in the Austin area. Absolutely love this car, but I need to make tough choices that are better for my family's needs. All the details are below. Thanks for reading!

Mark.

Craigslist Ad:
https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/cedar-park-2017-shelby-gt350/6954904904.html

Car's Website:
http://wookie8.com

Asking Price:
$45,000 OBO
Lowballers will be ignored.

VIN:
1FA6P8JZ7H5520492

Miles:

Spec:
Oxford White with Blue Stripe (w/ Recaro Seats)
Technology Package (Sync with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto)
(Track pack is standard in 2017)

Tires:
305/30/19 Bridgestone RE71R

Warranty:
Under new car factory warranty as well as the Ford Protect Premium Care Service Plan. Pretty much everything on the car is covered for 75,000 miles and expires 9/25/2022. (https://fordprotect.ford.com/premiumcare/)

Add on’s and Modifications:

* Suntek Full Front End Clear Bra (and parts of the rear rocker panel) - $1500
* Ford Performance Oil Separators (prevents oil from going into your intake manifold) - $300
* Corsa Double Helix X Pipe (basically a resonator delete like the GT350R has from the factory. Sounds better.) - $600
* Maximum Motorsports Camber Plates (Allows more front camber adjustment during alignments) - $250
* Steeda Subframe Alignment Kit (makes sure your subframe is perfectly aligned for better rear alignment) - $40
* Ford Performance Rear Toe Link Bearing (decreases the amount of toe change due to flex in the factory bushings) - $85
* Ford Performance Springs (lowers the car ever so slightly as well as slightly stiffer spring rates) - $275
* BMR Rear Adjustable Sway Bar (3 way adjustable to help dial out understeer) - $180
* BMR IRS Cradle Lockout (helps prevent subframe movement which means better handling, stability, and less wheel hop) - $220
* BMR Adjustable Toe Rods (allows a bit more camber adjustment range in the rear) - $230
* BMR Rear Control Arm Bushings (replaces soft rubber bushings that flexed which made the rear end feel soft and unsettled) - $230
* BMR Low Profile Jacking Rails (allows you to jack up the side of the car anywhere along the rail) - $120
* Caliperflexion Brake Stud Extension Kit (Makes changing front brake pads much faster and easier) - $170
* ARP Extended Wheel Studs (stronger than factory and longer to support the Apex square wheel setup) - $210
* Ford Performance Wheel Nuts (open ended lugnuts for the ARP wheel studs) - $50
* ZL1 Front Tow Hook (this car doesn’t have factory tow hook inputs and this car is low. Front tow hook is a must in emergency situations) - $190
* Redline Elite Hood Struts (hood props from the factory. These are premium gas hood struts and are awesome) - $120
* Ford Performance Shift Knob (I prefer ball-shaped shifters, personally) - $70
* Shifteck Alcantara Shift/Brake Boots & Center Console Cover (the factory fake leather looks very greasy and cheap. These match the steering wheel and have white stitching like the wheel too) - $120

Factory parts that come with the sale (not on the car):

* OEM Wheels with TPM Sensors installed (no tires)
* OEM Shift knob (if you don’t like ball shift knobs)
* Brand new extra driver side wheel well trim and front undercarriage panel
* Most of the factory parts that were replaced with the mods above (though maybe not some of the bushings and stock x pipe. I’ll have to gather everything up and see).

Owner’s Notes:

I never thought I would ever buy a Ford in my lifetime, let alone a Mustang. My previous performance cars were an E92 M3 and Cayman GT4. I also drive a Honda S2000 as a track car. One test drive in a GT350 completely sold me as the car that would be perfect for me as a street car and I am very sad that I have to let it go. Ok so I don’t HAVE to let it go and I don’t want to, but having 2 cars that can’t transport my 3 kids around and only I can drive is a bit selfish. And I’ve been taking my wife’s only car multiple times a week to transport my mountain bike to the trails, leaving her stuck at home. So I decided to sell this car and get something more appropriate for the whole family. I will really miss this car, but sometimes making the hard choice is the right one. You don’t have to be a mustang fan to like this car. I always HATED mustangs. But this car completely changed my prejudices against them. The driving experience in this car is just sublime. I’ve enjoyed this car just as much as I did my M3 and GT4.

The dealership performed the first oil change after proper break-in at 1000 miles and I performed the second two (at 5k and 10k respectively) myself. My car does not have any oil consumption issues. I check the oil every 2-4 weeks (depending on how often I drive) and keep the revs low and throttle light until the engine warms to around 180 degrees. The car runs flawlessly and performs even better on the street (and track obviously) from the modifications I have done. I consider myself an advanced driver (been driving on track since 2012). I have a fairly good sense of how a car should feel performance-wise and have made very basic modifications that improve the handling of the car without making it harsh on the road. The other modifications are what most people who buy these cars end up doing anyways so you don’t have to spend all that extra money doing the common upgrades if you buy my car. I also keep a log book of all the oil changes and modifications done to the car along with all the receipts for the parts.

I’ve taken this car a couple times to Driveway Austin to run a couple track sessions, but it has never been to a track day. It’s been on track at Driveway 3-4x and for a 20 minute session each time. This car rarely sits outside for long. I work from home so it mostly sits in my garage and I take it out for errands. The longest it sits out in the sun is when I work for a few hours at a coffee shop. I wash the car myself (using de-ionized water) and learned from a professional detailer who used to prep cars for concours in Pebble Beach. But this is not a garage queen. I thoroughly enjoy it as a street car, but do my best to take good care of it as I do all of my things. All of the modifications I have done probably make this a huge bargain. The motor has never been touched with mods. I don’t think this car needs any more power than it already has. If you need more power, your driving skills are probably lacking or you are just buying the wrong car to begin with. This car was driven, hard at times, and extremely well taken care of. I’ve learned from some really talented car detailers, suspension tuners, and mechanics over the years. I know how to drive and work on my own cars. This is a good car. If you are looking at other cars with a similar asking price and mileage, you should definitely buy this one.

DSC03078.jpg
DSC02819.jpg
DSC02775.jpg
DSC02752.jpg
DSC02743.jpg
DSC03100.jpg
DSC03070.jpg
DSC03068.jpg
DSC03065.jpg
DSC03057.jpg
DSC03308.jpg
DSC03306.jpg
DSC03305.jpg
DSC03303.jpg
DSC03304.jpg
DSC03302.jpg
DSC03296.jpg
DSC03300.jpg
DSC03301.jpg
DSC03298.jpg
DSC03295.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

jashton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'll say it again, awesome price on this car! Sell your other one and keep this beast!

Can I ask how you liked the RE71R? Did you ever get caught in the rain with them, because I'm looking for something that I can drive to and from the track but is a step up from the PSS.

OP
OP
radiantm3

radiantm3

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wookie8.com
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I'll say it again, awesome price on this car! Sell your other one and keep this beast!

Can I ask how you liked the RE71R? Did you ever get caught in the rain with them, because I'm looking for something that I can drive to and from the track but is a step up from the PSS.
Thanks! I put way too much money into my other car that I'd never get back and having a track car that is cheap on consumables is the only way I can really get to the track often these days. It's really $700-800 for a set of 4 RE71R's or RS4's on the S2000 and they probably last 2x as long as they would on the GT350. Fast drivers in GT350's blow by me at the track, but I'm okay with the tradeoff.

The RE71R's are great. Huge step up from the PSS as expected, but as you know they don't last nearly as long. I've been caught in a huge storm on these tires and drove both on the freeway and locally with no issues. With that said you do have to be more careful than on PSS and once the tread gets low, I wouldn't want to drive in the rain.

JDMtoUSDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 S2000 CR, '18 Tesla Model 3, '18 PacHy
awesome gt350. Trade for an Apex Blue CR non-delete + cash on top? entertaining the idea of selling the CR to jump into a bigger car for the family.

OP
OP
radiantm3

radiantm3

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wookie8.com
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I don't need a second S2000. :) But as tempting as it would be to own a CR, I need a family car as well (that my wife can drive).

Sponsored

JDMtoUSDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't need a second S2000. :) But as tempting as it would be to own a CR, I need a family car as well (that my wife can drive).
haha i figured as much. good luck with the sale, been on the hunt for a grabber blue '17 gt350r, but it seems like that pursuit is fruitless.

This one stood out as it would make me feel guilt-free hooning it around the local tracks here, esp with all the suspension components included.

OP
OP
radiantm3

radiantm3

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wookie8.com
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Price dropped to 45k and without the extra set of wheels.

ComeIngotIt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT PP1
Well written/photographed ad, very reasonable price. Surprised its not gone yet. I need to stay off this forum before I make a spontaneous financial decision lol. GLWS

AlphaCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP, 2018 Honda Accord 1.5 Sport
I actually saw your Craigslist ad before this post on the forum. Earlier this year I would've picked it up in a heart beat but I got a baby on the way now...which is cool too... I guess lol Good luck on selling this beauty!

OP
OP
radiantm3

radiantm3

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wookie8.com
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Well written/photographed ad, very reasonable price. Surprised its not gone yet. I need to stay off this forum before I make a spontaneous financial decision lol. GLWS
Thanks. Yup still here. Going on 2 months now. Kind of crazy as everyone says it is a good deal and everyone who has come to see it so far has told me they are going to buy it and then back out at the last minute for various reasons. I'm sure it will sell eventually, but thought it would have gone much faster.

Sponsored

JDMtoUSDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Yup still here. Going on 2 months now. Kind of crazy as everyone says it is a good deal and everyone who has come to see it so far has told me they are going to buy it and then back out at the last minute for various reasons. I'm sure it will sell eventually, but thought it would have gone much faster.
I think the market for gt350 buyers who want to track regularly is pretty small, unlike the s2k community. Maybe because consumables are ridiculously expensive compared to s2k parts.

If this thing is still available when F1GP hits your town, I want to check this car out. My CR might be gone by then.

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I think the market for gt350 buyers who want to track regularly is pretty small, unlike the s2k community. Maybe because consumables are ridiculously expensive compared to s2k parts.

If this thing is still available when F1GP hits your town, I want to check this car out. My CR might be gone by then.
I'll be down there for that too. Would love to cancel my return flight and drive this thing back to Pittsburgh.

OP
OP
radiantm3

radiantm3

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wookie8.com
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys. It was actually sold already. Just forgot to mark it as such. Have fun at F1! I'll be there Friday and Sunday as well.
Sponsored