bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Id have to come at everyone like Dave Chappelle with Tourette syndrome. To f#&k this thread up any more.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Self reported instances here are just impossible to judge quantitatively. What is the sample size? What percentage of them have this particular issue? I was looking for used cars recently, if you go to any given forum, there are always a series of threads that make that car sound like an utter and complete disaster. Subarus, Toyotas, Nissans, Mercedes, every single forum had groups of posts on some issue or other that went on and on. Consumer Reports and JD Power at least have a defined method and can compare the total number of folks that own a certain model, to the number that have a certain problem. Otherwise you run into observer bias, where you take note of everyone who had a certain problem, then you extrapolate, hey look, almost everyone with this car has this problem. .
Regardless. When you want information about a specific car you go to the forums and ask owners. JD might give you a broad range of things to expect. But owners can give you real examples and advice. I have read reviews on JD and then went to forums to ask and I feel like I have always received more hands on info from the forums.

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
WOW Ill' be sure to check with you in the future when I want to post a thread. See if it meets with your approval.

Thread or no thread, now more than ever given the info that has come out since the thread started the 350 has been totally crushed by the C8 in performance, price and technology.

Given the performance and value of the C8 the GT 500 may also have an issue.

I do understand you wishing the thread never started, the 350 is just not looking quite as appealing to a lot of people looking to buy a real fast car that handles well and has all the latest tech for a really, really good price. This is still America and we are still free so if your OK with slower and old tech and several possible engine issues for the same money your all set. I do understand after all I did just buy a 17 year old Z06 that pretty much performs about the same as a 350. Oh wait it only cost 25% of what a 350 cost. So not the same. I can't wait to see what I get called after this one. Sixth grade here we come.
Maybe he is the new forum owner and all goes thru him?

I will say the C8 reveal just about blew everyone away.

No one expected $60,000 base Plus sub 3 seconds. Mind-blowing.

As soon as I heard that statement I said adios to the Camaro ZL1 and Shelby GT350 sales. You have to really want one of those to justify the price and slower performance.

IMHO, the more I pay the better the performance, not the reverse. Plus, lets face it, Vette has a better image than both those cars.

I was thinking about both of those cars at one time. My wife said "people will think were broke Hillbillies. Just spend some more money and get the Corvette, then our friends won't laugh at us." :blush:

I think this will be the end of the ZL1 and Shelby GT350, sad.

white.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Maybe he is the new forum owner and all goes thru him?

I will say the C8 reveal just about blew everyone away.

No one expected $60,000 base Plus sub 3 seconds. Mind-blowing.

As soon as I heard that statement I said adios to the Camaro ZL1 and Shelby GT350 sales. You have to really want one of those to justify the price and slower performance.

IMHO, the more I pay the better the performance, not the reverse. Plus, lets face it, Vette has a better image than both those cars.

I was thinking about both of those cars at one time. My wife said "people will think were broke Hillbillies. Just spend some more money and get the Corvette, then our friends won't laugh at us." :blush:

I think this will be the end of the ZL1 and Shelby GT350, sad.
Well the Base is sub $60,000 but it isn't under 3 seconds. That is the Z51. So sub $65K for a 0-60 under 3 seconds. And I'd say a low 11 sec quarter mile along with great cornering capabilities. You really can't beat that price. It will outperform the ZL1 and GT350 in everything except top speed which the ZL1 will claim. And it will cost less than the GT350R but slightly more than the ZL1.

I doubt it will be the end of ZL1 and GT350 sales. Some people need 4 seats that can recline even as slightly as the ZL1. Some people need storage space. And some people just don't like Chevy or Corvettes. If someone is looking for a forced induction 4 seater with some storage space then they are not going to buy a C8 over a ZL1. If someone wants a manual trans NA track car with great space and a subwoofer and plenty of room then the GT350 will be the choice. But among those who don't need storage space or 2 extra seats then I don't see why they would not pick the C8. The C8 will probably be the preferred choice for all those who don't have specific needs.

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I was on the Kerbeck website last night getting info for their toys for tots run. ( I am told state police close down road and just let you go all autobahn ) After seeing the prices on the C7s I would say the C7 is also now crushing the 350. You can buy a Grand Sport for 53K that is 15K under sticker and it is a manual. The back seat thing is kinda bull unless your built like Mary Lou Retton ( for those under 40 she is a tiny gymnast ) or put the passenger seat all the way up the mustang's back seat is about useless. The performance car buy today is the C7 if my knees were not jammed into the dash I would definitely have one instead of a C5. There is no doubt there is and will be 350 die hards but for the average performance car buyer just does not make sense for what it offers for the money. The GT 500 better be a beast because a C7 Z06 can be had for 72K.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The back seat thing is kinda bull unless your built like Mary Lou Retton ( for those under 40 she is a tiny gymnast ) or put the passenger seat all the way up the mustang's back seat is about useless.
It's not, use cases vary, even within my small clique of close friends, there's a decent value assigned to having rear seats.

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just a lowly V6 owner - so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post in this thread.
But when the hell did the Mustang (Shelby or Not) become a direct competitor for the Corvette? That's kind of retarded.

My wife said "people will think were broke Hillbillies. Just spend some more money and get the Corvette, then our friends won't laugh at us." :blush:

white.jpg
I don't come here that often in the midst of building a project truck - but I'm guessing you're joking? Hell, a buddy of mine was test driving a 7 speed C7 and brought it by the house. It was just a base car, but it wasn't bad at all. Just too cramped for me. When I got out of it I told my wife - maybe we should buy a Vette convertible (she's a convertible person - her last 3 daily drivers have been ragtops as is her current '17 EB Mustang) she laughed and told me "You aren't bald and you don't have anything to compensate for."

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I'm just a lowly V6 owner - so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post in this thread.
But when the hell did the Mustang (Shelby or Not) become a direct competitor for the Corvette? That's kind of retarded.

I don't come here that often in the midst of building a project truck - but I'm guessing you're joking? Hell, a buddy of mine was test driving a 7 speed C7 and brought it by the house. It was just a base car, but it wasn't bad at all. Just too cramped for me. When I got out of it I told my wife - maybe we should buy a Vette convertible (she's a convertible person - her last 3 daily drivers have been ragtops as is her current '17 EB Mustang) she laughed and told me "You aren't bald and you don't have anything to compensate for."
Corvettes and Shelbys have been direct competitors since the ‘60s. Pretty much since the Cobra went away. The GT350 / GT500 stepped into the void. There have actually been a couple books written on the track rivalries.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/1967-shelby-gt500-vs-chevrolet-corvette-sting-ray-427/

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
"people will think were broke Hillbillies. Just spend some more money and get the Corvette, then our friends won't laugh at us."
Obviously I'm sure the green light from the wife-unit was appreciated. But really, this kind of rationale is part of one's purchase criteria? The ZL1+1LE will live on, but "because 4 seater" is nonsense. The Mustang's seats are barely useful, the Camaro not even close. But yeah I can see the C8 putting a major hurt on SS, ZL1 and Shelby sales.

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
/QUOTE]
When it became a $60,000 Super car
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.