VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
...Ford should've just given the 2015+ Mustangs quad tips from the beginning. Everytime I look at the rear of stang, I want quad tips! However, some quad tips won't come without some modifications lol
Just in case you missed the thread below that details how to get quad tips on a 2015-2017 GT.

I just did it this past weekend and it cost me about $65. And it's easy to do.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/adding-quad-tips-to-the-stock-premium-valance.103517/
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mootang

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Just in case you missed the thread below that details how to get quad tips on a 2015-2017 GT.

I just did it this past weekend and it cost me about $65. And it's easy to do.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/adding-quad-tips-to-the-stock-premium-valance.103517/
I seen this and thought about it. I wanted to do a 2018 quad tips active exhaust and saw the thread for that also. Either way, I also wanted to keep my carbon fiber fetish and the AWE exhaust, so I ended up with what I did here lol. In the future, I may go with the 2018 active or the Roush active system (if it ever drops on price) depending on how much harder Cali enforce the exhaust laws here.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I was running a Anderson Composite carbon fiber diffuser with dual with for awhile. I really enjoy the AWE Switchpath catback exhaust setup and was always wanted to convert to AWE quad tips setup and an Anderson Composite carbon fiber diffuser with quad tip. Well, I attempted it and unfortunately, it will need modifications. So this is for anyone who may want to attempt this in the future.

You will need to cut the carbon fiber to make this fit. I used a dremel to cut the carbon. Will post the final product later, maybe over the weekend. I purchased just the AWE axel backs quad tips version that was made to fit the OEM GT350 valances (AWE have one that fits the MP Concepts GT350 valance too).

Updated: September 6, 2019 (additional photos below on 99% final product)

48672830506_843cfaace9_b.jpg

48672829976_55f4b98538_b.jpg

48669065511_130113f5ca_b.jpg

48669220852_28065b63ca_b.jpg

Also, the AC diffuser fitment sucks. Either have a pro fit it or live with it like I do:

48668718583_ae0fa356e8_b.jpg

48669065076_2cc914b57c_b.jpg

Final product at 99% complete. I just need to find some trims or black covers to wrap the edges I cut. Its not great, but look good for now. The big gap sucks and makes the tips look small. I can finally drive the car around until I have some more time to work on this car next year. Feel free to ask me anything that may help you with your install.

48690965772_ee3e5746c0_b.jpg

48690811296_515c9960d7_b.jpg

48690798961_b0aaa032cf_b.jpg

48690978407_66da5c4aa9_b.jpg

I chose to use my old tips as I still like them and mix it in with the new tips:
48690965547_93a74b408d_b.jpg

More photos of the poor fitment:
48690811281_c06ef755ec_b.jpg

48690457418_c100e044eb_b.jpg

48690798711_8d13198b6b_b.jpg
Hi. Sorry To Hear About your Fitment issues with AC CF Diffuser. I too am just now finishing up my install and I have to say the fitment was terrible to align like OEM Diffuser.
1: The tabs for the Reverse Light assembly didn't align up, I had to add tab length to get the light assembly to fit as per OEM.
2: The Lower AFT Center Bumper bracket was about One inch Off. I had to cut my Underside Lower Center Rear Bracket by One Inch, to get it to fit like OEM. I guess most if not all just don't install the bracket, Not me
3: The Diffuser Lower Rear End was about a 3/8" from aligning with the Bumper End a little more than what your shows. I had to shave about an 1/8" off of the front side of the bumper surface where the AC Diffuser pushes up against bumper to allow the bumper to go back more.
**QUESTION: I do not like not having some sort of heat shield above the Ehaust Quad Tips Lower Diffuser. I feel the heat will start to delaminate or start to discolor due to exhaust tip heat?
I guess I will put Heat Tap on the underside of the Diffuser just above the Quad Tips and trim so the heat tape is not noticeable.
Please tell me how your is doing now? Any More Close Up Pictures of the fitment? or problem areas? I will post mine when I finish.
Thanks for your help

OP
OP
Mootang

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hi. Sorry To Hear About your Fitment issues with AC CF Diffuser. I too am just now finishing up my install and I have to say the fitment was terrible to align like OEM Diffuser.
1: The tabs for the Reverse Light assembly didn't align up, I had to add tab length to get the light assembly to fit as per OEM.
2: The Lower AFT Center Bumper bracket was about One inch Off. I had to cut my Underside Lower Center Rear Bracket by One Inch, to get it to fit like OEM. I guess most if not all just don't install the bracket, Not me
3: The Diffuser Lower Rear End was about a 3/8" from aligning with the Bumper End a little more than what your shows. I had to shave about an 1/8" off of the front side of the bumper surface where the AC Diffuser pushes up against bumper to allow the bumper to go back more.
**QUESTION: I do not like not having some sort of heat shield above the Ehaust Quad Tips Lower Diffuser. I feel the heat will start to delaminate or start to discolor due to exhaust tip heat?
I guess I will put Heat Tap on the underside of the Diffuser just above the Quad Tips and trim so the heat tape is not noticeable.
Please tell me how your is doing now? Any More Close Up Pictures of the fitment? or problem areas? I will post mine when I finish.
Thanks for your help
Yea wasn't too happy with the results and fitment of the Anderson Composite rear end. To answer your question, I'm not sure if I can lol. I had it on at 7000 miles and its now 10000 miles, so not sure if there enough usage from the exhaust for it to show heat issues. I now have the car up for sale, so its just barely scraping by 10500 miles lol. Fitment and the appearances still looks the same without any sign of wear so far. It just dusty most of the time, sorry, couldn't be much help.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Yea wasn't too happy with the results and fitment of the Anderson Composite rear end. To answer your question, I'm not sure if I can lol. I had it on at 7000 miles and its now 10000 miles, so not sure if there enough usage from the exhaust for it to show heat issues. I now have the car up for sale, so its just barely scraping by 10500 miles lol. Fitment and the appearances still looks the same without any sign of wear so far. It just dusty most of the time, sorry, couldn't be much help.
I am sorry to see your selling your car. I hope you a great life after the mustang. Good Luck
Sponsored