BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Anyone tried it yet?

I have the Bullitt added, but it does not have the remote function, so I cannot lock and unlock the car. Its shows fuel and maintenance items only. I am wondering if it is becauyse it is a manual and the remote feature only works with the Auto (Remote Start), or is it because I am in Canada and we don';t get all the features, or something else I haven't done. Of course I have googled it and can only find the simple instructions, but it says I need the remote icon for it to work. I assume it has Sync Connect.
Sponsored

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Yeah I can't find it either. (lock/unlock)
Mine doesn't update often either.
I got the car July 19th, last updated mileage and fuel was the 27th.

It's a bit messed too.
I got 2 codes while the car wasn't running and I was in accessory. (Charge system Fault and Misfire fault).
Neither of which were actually thrown in the car.

Not really putting much faith in this app.

OP
OP
BrettT

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I can't find it either. (lock/unlock)
Mine doesn't update often either.
I got the car July 19th, last updated mileage and fuel was the 27th.

It's a bit messed too.
I got 2 codes while the car wasn't running and I was in accessory. (Charge system Fault and Misfire fault).
Neither of which were actually thrown in the car.

Not really putting much faith in this app.
Got the exact same fault's, freaked me out for a second, but next time I started it was fine. Mine also took a while to update, as of now, it has been 23 hours since last update. I guess it only updates when the power is on, not when it is sitting unattended, I guess battery drain could be a problem. In it's current form, the only useful feature is you can locate your car. Also works for my 2013 Escape with Sync 2.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I tried to set up the app when I took delivery and it wouldn't even sync up with the car. Seems pretty useless to me anyway, I can check the fuel gauge on my own and don't need any remote features. Remote start isn't available in any manual and my car is stored in my garage so I'd never use it anyway.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Sorry to revive this aging thread, but it is the only one in the Bullitt forum that mentions the FordPass Connect.

FordPass Connect is supposed to allow drivers to have greater control over their car from their phone (minus the "start" command on standard vehicles). This tech is supposedly standard on Bullitts, GT350, and other upper tier ford brands. It is an add on for FordPass

BUT

I have yet to find a Bullitt owner who has managed to get it working (even though it is standard according to ford). The current line I am hearing is that it can not be installed on standard vehicles.... But every '19 350 I have run across has it.
https://owner.ford.com/fordpass/fordpass-sync-connect.html

If you are a bullitt owner who managed to get this to work, please let me know. If none of us have gotten this to work, it might be something to bring up with ford.

Sponsored

imaginager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DHG 2019 Bullitt K3013
My dealer wasted about an hour of my time after I completed the purchase (and really just wanted to drive home at that point) trying to get it to work. They never figured it out. They speculated that a component needed to be installed in my Bullitt to make it work.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
My dealer wasted about an hour of my time after I completed the purchase (and really just wanted to drive home at that point) trying to get it to work. They never figured it out. They speculated that a component needed to be installed in my Bullitt to make it work.
Thanks for the feedback. FORD advertises that the hardware is already on the vehicle standard. That is one of the reasons I revived this thread. If this option is not working on any bullitts, then it is a version wide issue that should be addressed.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question, do you guys have the Electronics Package? I read somewhere that only the 201A and 401A packages have the FordPass Connect modem. Maybe that’s what’s missing.

Found it.....
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/fordpass-app-unable-to-locate-vehicle.116792/#post-2454096
Noted.

Yes, I have the bullitt electronics package. According to ford, "Fordpass connect enabled vehicles... Standard on Bullitt and GT350. Optional on EcoBoost Premium (included in 201A) and GT Premium (Included in 401A); not available on EcoBoost."

OP
OP
BrettT

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the feedback. FORD advertises that the hardware is already on the vehicle standard. That is one of the reasons I revived this thread. If this option is not working on any bullitts, then it is a version wide issue that should be addressed.
As far as I have seen, the only functions that work on the BULLITT are; car location, fuel level, and oil life.... None of the other features work. Obviously remote start of a manual is not there, but the ability to check to see if I locked the car and be able to remotely lock and unlock, should be available, but are not......

Sponsored

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I tried to set up the app when I took delivery and it wouldn't even sync up with the car. Seems pretty useless to me anyway, I can check the fuel gauge on my own and don't need any remote features. Remote start isn't available in any manual and my car is stored in my garage so I'd never use it anyway.
My take as well. App is clunky, and I know where the nearby gas stations are.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine worked PERFECT for like 2 weeks when I got the car, then it just randomly stopped syncing up and never worked right again.
Even the lock and unlock function from the phone?

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
I think that the onboard modem required for Ford Pass remote features is not installed on the 2019 Bullitt for some reason. All GTs and Ecoboost cars with the digital dash have this standard since 2018. All 2019 GT350s have it standard, not previous years though. As of 2020 ALL Mustangs will have the modem standard. I will recheck the order guides tomorrow and post a correction if I am wrong.
Sponsored