Fetlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT MT
[...]
LOL, a few years ago I posted information from both of those sources (JD Power and Consumer Reports) and it got laughed at. Now you're saying you consider them to be the only reliable source. Shame. But really, where does CR get their info from? It is from us consumers. So why do you need it in a report when you have lots of posts on this forum showing you what owners go thru? When most people want information on their car or which Mustang to buy or whether they should mod it or when they have problems they come here and ask or post it. So how is it that all of a sudden the widest base of knowledge on the entire internet for these cars is suddenly invalid?
Self reported instances here are just impossible to judge quantitatively. What is the sample size? What percentage of them have this particular issue? I was looking for used cars recently, if you go to any given forum, there are always a series of threads that make that car sound like an utter and complete disaster. Subarus, Toyotas, Nissans, Mercedes, every single forum had groups of posts on some issue or other that went on and on. Consumer Reports and JD Power at least have a defined method and can compare the total number of folks that own a certain model, to the number that have a certain problem. Otherwise you run into observer bias, where you take note of everyone who had a certain problem, then you extrapolate, hey look, almost everyone with this car has this problem. .

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
In the time he has been here Martin has offered valuable information and has shared insider knowledge on a lot of different subjects. He is very well respected here and even the most hardcore Mustang guys on here value what he brings to the table. He has proven himself since he joined over a year ago. You on the other hand, within 16 posts here you resorted to name calling because someone presented information that you did not like. Then you again tried to insult him in a back-handed condescending manner. My point is, it could be the middle of the day and you could tell me the sun was out and Martin could tell me it was night time and I'd take his word over yours without hesitation. Why? Because people like yourself are the real ones trolling these boards. You hear irrefutable logic and instead of finding a way to discuss it with intellect you start calling names. That my friend is a sign of low intelligence. That shows which 2 of those 2 names you actually are. That is about as much attention as I'll give to you until you start talking like an adult.

….
I straight up owe somebody a beer! :sunglasses::beer:

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I do have to laugh at the immature attitude of some of the post on here. I have a lot of young 20 somethings as employees who think the world is run around them. It is OK life has a funny way of eventually kicking the shit out of people with that outlook and they soon catch on but it is fun to listen to them run their mouth. I guess we were all there at one time. Jobs, health, kids, bills all come together to open your eyes. Some quicker than others.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
In the time he has been here Martin has offered valuable information and has shared insider knowledge on a lot of different subjects. He is very well respected here and even the most hardcore Mustang guys on here value what he brings to the table.
Jim spent some cycles for me working a potential ZL1 deal when that car was still on the table. That's real world awesomeness.

Even though Jim drives a horrible POS Camaro, he's still alright in my book :D

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
This thread is a dumpster fire which should have never even been posted.
WOW Ill' be sure to check with you in the future when I want to post a thread. See if it meets with your approval. Thread or no thread, now more than ever given the info that has come out since the thread started the 350 has been totally crushed by the C8 in performance, price and technology. Given the performance and value of the C8 the GT 500 may also have an issue. I do understand you wishing the thread never started, the 350 is just not looking quite as appealing to a lot of people looking to buy a real fast car that handles well and has all the latest tech for a really, really good price. This is still America and we are still free so if your OK with slower and old tech and several possible engine issues for the same money your all set. I do understand after all I did just buy a 17 year old Z06 that pretty much performs about the same as a 350. Oh wait it only cost 25% of what a 350 cost. So not the same. I can't wait to see what I get called after this one. Sixth grade here we come.

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
WOW Ill' be sure to check with you in the future when I want to post a thread. See if it meets with your approval. Thread or no thread, now more than ever given the info that has come out since the thread started the 350 has been totally crushed by the C8 in performance, price and technology. Given the performance and value of the C8 the GT 500 may also have an issue. I do understand you wishing the thread never started, the 350 is just not looking quite as appealing to a lot of people looking to buy a real fast car that handles well and has all the latest tech for a really, really good price. This is still America and we are still free so if your OK with slower and old tech and several possible engine issues for the same money your all set. I do understand after all I did just buy a 17 year old Z06 that pretty much performs about the same as a 350. Oh wait it only cost 25% of what a 350 cost. So not the same. I can't wait to see what I get called after this one. Sixth grade here we come.
It could have been posted in a much more productive manner that promotes a discussion about the value of the C8 rather than just to get a reaction. I look forward to being on track alongside a C8. I'd be happy to run a C5 as well. I don't care what someone owns as long as they don't act like a child.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
The GT 350 offers a manual, just because of that it also offers an alternative to a auto or DCT. Once ford and its competitors see that the old school gt 350 is still in demand hopefully they will offer a manual on newer variants as well.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I feel like I should jump in. Really ratchet the ignorance up to a respectable level on this thread.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
At this point. We got a f#@k you and a PM posted. I’ll straight up threaten someone with an ass whooping. Just to see how long before they close this garbage down?:curse::)

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
At this point. We got a f#@k you and a PM posted. I’ll straight up threaten someone with an ass whooping. Just to see how long before they close this garbage down?:curse::)
Get on over here, this ass ain't gonna kick itself :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.