Not open for further replies.

Fetlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT MT
Well, you hardly refute something being internet troll bait by posting forum threads. If you show declining engine reliability in Consumer Reports or JD Power; I'd buy that, but this could be nothing more than observer bias. If you want talk about transmissions in the Focus, there are tons of evidence to support quality issues there.
Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Well, you hardly refute something being internet troll bait by posting forum threads. If you show declining engine reliability in Consumer Reports or JD Power; I'd buy that, but this could be nothing more than observer bias. If you want talk about transmissions in the Focus, there are tons of evidence to support quality issues there.
My only point was to show someone else's hypocrisy in implying that an already resolved piston ring issue on past generation Corvettes will tank the C8 (different engine) when Ford engines also have unresolved issues. That person claimed I was making $#!t up, so I showed him a few of the threads. Now I'm done with it. You're fairly new posting here, as was the first guy that came at me. If you'd been around long enough to have read even a minimal sample of my posts you'd hesitate on suggesting that I am a troll. Enjoy your stay at M6G.

I personally have no issues with Ford's Coyote durability, although I think they can treat their customers who do experience these problems a lot better than they have been. I do have some personal concern about the Voodoo oil consumption issues because GT350 and GT500 are both on my "might buy" list. I would love for Ford to have that issue resolved before I write a check, but that hasn't happened yet.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I’m not hating on GM. They can make a fine car. It is true, though, that the LT1 in the current c7 and gen 6 camaros do not like boost. I’ll leave that here ...
Those motors, like the 5.0, are not designed for boost - high compression non-forged pistons is not a formula for FI. When an engine builder sets up a motor for boost, does he use all forged internals and a low CR? Or does he put in cast pistons with a 12-11:1 CR? C'mon - compare the internals of an LT4 to an LT1. I'm not sure what the specs are on the GT 500, but I doubt it's high CR with cast pistons.

And don't get me started on slapping a blower on a voodoo - that simply pisses off the motor gods.

Fetlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT MT
My only point was to show someone else's hypocrisy in implying that an already resolved piston ring issue on past generation Corvettes will tank the C8 (different engine) when Ford engines also have unresolved issues. That person claimed I was making $#!t up, so I showed him a few of the threads. Now I'm done with it. You're fairly new posting here, as was the first guy that came at me. If you'd been around long enough to have read even a minimal sample of my posts you'd hesitate on suggesting that I am a troll. Enjoy your stay at M6G.

I personally have no issues with Ford's Coyote durability, although I think they can treat their customers who do experience these problems a lot better than they have been. I do have some personal concern about the Voodoo oil consumption issues because GT350 and GT500 are both on my "might buy" list. I would love for Ford to have that issue resolved before I write a check, but that hasn't happened yet.
I wasn't suggesting you were a troll or trying to 'come at you,' the evidence you were providing just seemed a bit specious to me.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I’m not hating on GM. They can make a fine car. It is true, though, that the LT1 in the current c7 and gen 6 camaros do not like boost. I’ll leave that here ...
Since 99.9+% of Mustang or Corvette owners NEVER add superchargers or turbos, not many potential customers will care. I'll be more annoyed that I can't haul much plywood with my 'Vette.

Sponsored

Tickitty Tock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Kona Blue
Those motors, like the 5.0, are not designed for boost
COMPLETELY false. There is an article posted somewhere on here talking about the development of the coyote. The 5.0 WAS designed to see boost. Do you think Ford warranties Roush Coyotes out of the goodness of their hearts ?

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
COMPLETELY false. There is an article posted somewhere on here talking about the development of the coyote. The 5.0 WAS designed to see boost. Do you think Ford warranties Roush Coyotes out of the goodness of their hearts ?
Ya I am impressed with how well the coyote does with boost. Now only if my Ecoboost engine could handle it better lol

Tickitty Tock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Kona Blue
A piston ring issue is not in the same league as some noise that doesn’t affect engine performance / durability whatsoever. Ford already released their TSB for this. That’s why I’m calling you an idiot. A gt350 voodoo is apples to oranges to a basically WW2 era design engine. You’re either a troll or an idiot. I called you an idiot because Trolls are worse. Be happy about it

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I wasn't suggesting you were a troll or trying to 'come at you,' the evidence you were providing just seemed a bit specious to me.
Got it. I apologize for misreading your post. Re-reading it makes it more clear. We good, bro.

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
A piston ring issue is not in the same league as some noise that doesn’t affect engine performance / durability whatsoever. Ford already released their TSB for this. That’s why I’m calling you an idiot. A gt350 voodoo is apples to oranges to a basically WW2 era design engine. You’re either a troll or an idiot. I called you an idiot because Trolls are worse. Be happy about it
In the time he has been here Martin has offered valuable information and has shared insider knowledge on a lot of different subjects. He is very well respected here and even the most hardcore Mustang guys on here value what he brings to the table. He has proven himself since he joined over a year ago. You on the other hand, within 16 posts here you resorted to name calling because someone presented information that you did not like. Then you again tried to insult him in a back-handed condescending manner. My point is, it could be the middle of the day and you could tell me the sun was out and Martin could tell me it was night time and I'd take his word over yours without hesitation. Why? Because people like yourself are the real ones trolling these boards. You hear irrefutable logic and instead of finding a way to discuss it with intellect you start calling names. That my friend is a sign of low intelligence. That shows which 2 of those 2 names you actually are. That is about as much attention as I'll give to you until you start talking like an adult.

LOL, a few years ago I posted information from both of those sources (JD Power and Consumer Reports) and it got laughed at. Now you're saying you consider them to be the only reliable source. Shame. But really, where does CR get their info from? It is from us consumers. So why do you need it in a report when you have lots of posts on this forum showing you what owners go thru? When most people want information on their car or which Mustang to buy or whether they should mod it or when they have problems they come here and ask or post it. So how is it that all of a sudden the widest base of knowledge on the entire internet for these cars is suddenly invalid?

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
Idiot is better than retard and dick bag so we now may be moving up to senior high. I think the question to answer is at 60K-70K and being touted as just the best damn mustang ever built why would there even be 1 failed motor, any kind of noise and any mention of oil consumption. The # of voo doos made compared to coyotes is probably less than a 10th but you just don't hear about coyote issues. My wife owns a hardware store and a guy brought back a $35.00 pipe wrench because the paint had a scratch in it and you want to rationalize a 70k performance car possibly having engine issues. It does look like you chose the coyote over the voo doo in the end.

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
What piston ring issue?

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Completely true actually - cast pistons and high CR is not optimal for FI - say otherwise to a reputable engine builder and watch yourself get laughed into the next state.

But, hey, who am I to question your genius.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yeah, that's totally inappropriate ...
Is posting PMs okay. The forums I have moderated have rules against it. But maybe just because its easier to forbid than change all the occurances of "private message" to "okay to share messages".
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.