Spoiler for 2018 GT Convertible?

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
Here is a rear shot. I’ll try one lower in the morning.
748CF298-3747-42B9-BD95-11FD419CC34B.jpeg
my understanding is the spoiler is hollow(blow molded abs plastic) does it flex if you press on it? is the texture smooth and do you think it could be painted?
Sponsored

Hoser!!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT convertible
my understanding is the spoiler is hollow(blow molded abs plastic) does it flex if you press on it? is the texture smooth and do you think it could be painted?
It’s hollow but does not flex when you press on it. It’s smooth texture. I’m not sure if it can be painted.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It’s hollow but does not flex when you press on it. It’s smooth texture. I’m not sure if it can be painted.
Should be okay to paint. The CDC Outlaw is made that way and even a greater distance between the top and bottom (taller air space). You can flex it a little but you have to really lean into it. CDC says to paint it the same as a bumper cover (which are far more flexible than the spoiler) with the appropriate flex agents.

CDC Outlaw Spoiler #3.jpg

CDC Outlaw Spoiler #6.jpg

CDC Outlaw Spoiler #7.jpg

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
Should be okay to paint. The CDC Outlaw is made that way and even a greater distance between the top and bottom (taller air space). You can flex it a little but you have to really lean into it. CDC says to paint it the same as a bumper cover (which are far more flexible than the spoiler) with the appropriate flex agents.

CDC Outlaw Spoiler #3.jpg

CDC Outlaw Spoiler #6.jpg

CDC Outlaw Spoiler #7.jpg
Thanks for info. . BTW, love the blue strip on the white

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yeah, my rear end needs something ... :D

I was a little bummed I couldn't recover my MMD/Foose spoiler from the previous car, it was black, so it would've worked pretty well on OF, but at any rate, I want to do a spoiler now. I think I'll wind up going with a color matched option too, I kind of like the spoiler blending in with the body.

Anyway, just looking for more options, the BMC GT350 style in this thread:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/bmc-gt350-track-pack-spoiler-for-convertibles.69350/

Looks pretty good, convertible specific, and it sounds like the paint work from them is very good (I kind of don't want to deal with painting on my end).

However, I'm diggin on the slightly more in-your-face design of the CDC Outlaw above :)

Sponsored

philipchai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium (Lightning Blue)
I went with a stubby as well. No issues but I also barely use the radio.

bluetoy.jpg

IMG_8930-2.jpg
Hi Yemil, may you please kindly share the link of the MMD V series spoiler so i can send to my custom car shop if they able to put this to my car?
Thank you!

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P

Leehrat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
The start of this thread made it sound like there aren't many spoilers that will fit the vert due to the antennae, etc. But the latter posts on this thread show several different types of spoilers that work just fine. I'm new to the Mustang world ('19 GT vert) and found this great forum, and didn't realize that all the mods I've been looking at on american muscle and CJ might not actually work on a vert. Those sites don't let you specify that your car is a vert. I'll have to do more research as I poke around.

Thanks, y'all!

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The start of this thread made it sound like there aren't many spoilers that will fit the vert due to the antennae, etc. But the latter posts on this thread show several different types of spoilers that work just fine. I'm new to the Mustang world ('19 GT vert) and found this great forum, and didn't realize that all the mods I've been looking at on american muscle and CJ might not actually work on a vert. Those sites don't let you specify that your car is a vert. I'll have to do more research as I poke around.

Thanks, y'all!
Yeah, there's a few products that are listed as "ALL" in terms of coupe/convertible fitment, and here's the thing: the hatch/trunk contours (where a wings sits) are only slightly different, so it's close, but when you get a wing that's specifically designed for the convertible, it sits perfect, the entire base is flush, the rear edge is tight, it make a difference for sure.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible
Yesterday I took of the OEM blade and put on the MMD V-Series.. not gonna lie, it was harder than expected with drilling and making sure the screws don't fall into the trunk lid... overall, I like it a lot... your thoughts?
20200327_175657.jpg
20200327_175703.jpg
20200327_175710.jpg
20200327_181812.jpg

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yesterday I took of the OEM blade and put on the MMD V-Series.. not gonna lie, it was harder than expected with drilling and making sure the screws don't fall into the trunk lid... overall, I like it a lot... your thoughts?
Looks good.

I lost one screw then stopped until I got some magnetic sockets. My spoiler (CDC Outlaw) came with a procedure to mark the hole locations (none from factory) but it was a little off which meant I had to extend them a bit with a rat-tail file; no harm since the bolts and 3M tape keeps it in place.

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
How bad do those cheaper eBay/ American muscle track pack spoilers gap on the ends? I'm thinking about picking one up, but if the gap is really bad, that'll drive me crazy.

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
Also, does anyone who has a spoiler NOT made for verts, seeing any stress cracking in the spoiler paint or any other signs, due to the contour of the decklid?

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
Also, does anyone who has a spoiler NOT made for verts, seeing any stress cracking in the spoiler paint or any other signs, due to the contour of the decklid?

I haven't had any trouble with my MMD-V. I am very happy with it, but the ebay "swing" knockoff from this thread https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/gt350-gt500-2019-spoiler-ebay-150-pre-painted.134086/page-9

...painted for a third of the price is the way I would go if I had it to do over. Both look great, but saving $350 would have been tough to pass up over the Painted MMD-V.
2901951.jpg

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
I do love that spoiler and yours. The GT350 spoiler in that thread, I thought would not work on a convertible. There was a thread (can't find it now) where a really nice looking black Mustang had the 350 spoiler put on at the dealership, and I thought he wasn't happy with it and might change it out.

I haven't had any trouble with my MMD-V. I am very happy with it, but the ebay "swing" knockoff from this thread https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/gt350-gt500-2019-spoiler-ebay-150-pre-painted.134086/page-9

...painted for a third of the price is the way I would go if I had it to do over. Both look great, but saving $350 would have been tough to pass up over the Painted MMD-V.
Sponsored