Sponsored

Which mode combo do you use most?

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
Modes?

There is a philosophy that informs my decisions. Most important I want the car's systems to get out of my way. I don't appreciate the car's many computers attempting to second guess my desires. I see my Mustang doesn't have as many modes as some do. No magnaride, or transmission settings, or exhaust volume. That's just fine.

I want the accelerator to go from 0 to 460 hp, mediated only by a clutch that I control.

I want the steering to be the quickest and most communicative that it can safely be, which is generally the heaviest setting. And I want the steering angle to have a predictable relationship between steering wheel and road wheel.

Gauges must be clear and accurate, exhaust should be loud enough to act as audible feedback, and the brakes must respond linearly to inputs.

So: active stability and TC are usually switched off unless I forget to, steering is set on the heaviest mode, center display is showing the gauge page (engine temps, a/f ratio, sometimes tire temp, and so on).

This way I can see when the oil is hot enough and can start hitting redline.

If traction control and torque control intervene how can you do a burnout? Answer me that!
Sponsored

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Sorry if this has been asked before I did a search and couldn't find if it had. IM new here dont kill me :)

Just curious what modes combo you like best? I tend to prefer the normal mode with sport steering and track exhaust around town. Then change to sport plus mode with sport steering and track exhaust on back roads and mountain roads. Then I put it in what I been calling electric mode when I come home. Snow with quiet exhaust and comfort steering.
I really wish you could set the My mode to be the start up mode. Kinda don't like the extra step of setting everything back to where I want it once I start car. Eh but its only a button flick but still :) What is your fav way to drive?
I use normal mode 99% of the time.

Then flip sports + on if I'm on a mountain road. Even not going fast sports+ quicker throttle makes modulating the throttle on a very tight road a lot easier.

I like the heavier steering wheel in those situations as well.

I like how the car idles in sport too sounds more brappy

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Modes?

There is a philosophy that informs my decisions. Most important I want the car's systems to get out of my way. I don't appreciate the car's many computers attempting to second guess my desires. I see my Mustang doesn't have as many modes as some do. No magnaride, or transmission settings, or exhaust volume. That's just fine.

I want the accelerator to go from 0 to 460 hp, mediated only by a clutch that I control.

I want the steering to be the quickest and most communicative that it can safely be, which is generally the heaviest setting. And I want the steering angle to have a predictable relationship between steering wheel and road wheel.

Gauges must be clear and accurate, exhaust should be loud enough to act as audible feedback, and the brakes must respond linearly to inputs.

So: active stability and TC are usually switched off unless I forget to, steering is set on the heaviest mode, center display is showing the gauge page (engine temps, a/f ratio, sometimes tire temp, and so on).

If traction control and torque control intervene how can you do a burnout? Answer me that!
You're looking at it wrong... The TCS and driver aides on these cars are probably the best you can find on the market without buying a Ferrari or 911.

The computers will let you slide, pretty much as long as u want. Then when u want out u just press the gas and the car somehow always finds traction...

Before bashing the system I recommend doing a road course with it... Then you'll understand just how awesome these features are.

The computers arent in the way and arent "nannies" they aren't keeping you safe they actually will make you go faster once you understand them

Also when u turn "off" TCS the car basically says "aww thats cute" and is essentially faking it to make you feel good. The computers are still on. You have to physically unplug the connector under the hood to actually turn them off...

So all this time you've been thinking your busy doing work, and it's all you, the car like a good woman has been really just stroking your ego and egging you on... While the whole time its been working quietly in the shadows.

The sign of A well designed system is one that works so well it makes you believe you did it all yourself...

And fords engineers understand driver dynamics and know more about their owners driving abilities than we give them credit for... You asked how can u do burnouts? Ford literally programmed a mode specifically for burnouts...

Last edited:

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Modes?

Alright gramps

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
In Track mode it shows TC as off. I can't hold the switch for 5-7 seconds and get "AdvanceTrack Off" when the car is in Track mode, which I can do in Normal and Sport modes.

So....confused. Comments?

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
In Track mode it shows TC as off. I can't hold the switch for 5-7 seconds and get "AdvanceTrack Off" when the car is in Track mode, which I can do in Normal and Sport modes.

My guess is that it's defaulted to off in track mode, that might be why the warning dialog box pops up every time you enter track mode, since turning T/C off manually doesn't prompt that message on any of the other modes.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
My guess is that it's defaulted to off in track mode, that might be why the warning dialog box pops up every time you enter track mode, since turning T/C off manually doesn't prompt that message on any of the other modes.
Is it T/C off? Or AT off? I gotta go look......gimme a second.

I've never turned just the T/C off in Normal or Sport, I turn AT off.

ETA; O.k.....this time it let me turn the AT off in Track mode. I've tried before, and it didn't let me. Maybe because I was sitting completely stopped, rather than driving. Maybe you can't turn AT off while the car is moving now.

Phantym

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm assuming Drag mode has the least amount of nannies (which also turns steering to heavy)......so thats what it goes in every time the car gets turned on....unless its raining :like:

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Sorry if this has been asked before I did a search and couldn't find if it had. IM new here dont kill me :)

Just curious what modes combo you like best? I tend to prefer the normal mode with sport steering and track exhaust around town. Then change to sport plus mode with sport steering and track exhaust on back roads and mountain roads. Then I put it in what I been calling electric mode when I come home. Snow with quiet exhaust and comfort steering.
I really wish you could set the My mode to be the start up mode. Kinda don't like the extra step of setting everything back to where I want it once I start car. Eh but its only a button flick but still :) What is your fav way to drive?
Just tooling around, Sport with T/C off. Perf.driving: Track mode w/advancetrac off.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
I'm assuming Drag mode has the least amount of nannies (which also turns steering to heavy)......so thats what it goes in every time the car gets turned on....unless its raining :like:
Nope. You must turn off advancetrac AFTER choosing drive mode. ( vehicle stopped, hold avvancetrac for 5 seconds). Now you got nannies packed away and asses kicked out.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Kinda bad for handling. It softens the rear suspension to facilitate rearward weight transformation. Not what you want when turning or braking.

Just use Sport + or Track and shut the AdvanceTrac off.

Phantym

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP GT
Vehicle Showcase
Kinda bad for handling. It softens the rear suspension to facilitate rearward weight transformation. Not what you want when turning or braking.

Just use Sport + or Track and shut the AdvanceTrac off.
It only does this if you have magneride right? I dont have magneride

My main concern is throttle response.....when i push my foot to the floor i want 100%......not 100% of 75%

I figured track mode was still holding out a little in that department (hard to tell with butt dyno)

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
It only does this if you have magneride right? I dont have magneride

My main concern is throttle response.....when i push my foot to the floor i want 100%......not 100% of 75%

I figured track mode was still holding out a little in that department (hard to tell with butt dyno)
Oh....yeah.....I was talking about Magneride.

Dunno on drag-mode versus track mode throttle mapping.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP

Its not turning The systems off its just changing the settings to let you hang the tail out more... The only way to turn it off is to unplug it... Theres a connector by the air intake. That's also how u dyno these cars.
Sponsored