Sponsored

2.3 limits, mods and issues

Deleted member

But the 2.0 is an open deck too, right?

Yeah, if the block is missing webbing, thats a fatal flaw....

BTW 50% is nothing....a good engine should easily handle 200%.

My FRS made 520 with forged internals.
No the 2.0 is semi closed deck not open deck, and we’re talking stock block and internals here not the forged internals you put on your frs.

Sure 50% isn’t a lot when you start with 150 horse....
Sponsored

OP
OP

D K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Popemobile
Great.
Thanks for the info!

Has anyone stuck a 2.3 crank into the the 2.0?

Deleted member

Great.
Thanks for the info!

Has anyone stuck a 2.3 crank into the the 2.0?
Yes this has been done multiple times and there are a few guys oh here and mustangecoboosts.net that have done build threads on it.

Most guys will do a 2.0 block with 2.3 internals and a 2.3 head, a machine shop will have to close up the water jacket at i believe 1 or 2 minor points where the water jackets on the 2.0 block don't match up with the 2.3 head.

Or you could go the easier route and buy either a built 2.0 short block from MAP performance, Tune+, speed3performance etc...

StealthStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Ecoboost (NX2)
I would say even 400 wheel is unsafe on the stock block, it just depends if you are always going to run high octane or not.

400 Crank is probably your safest bet with a tuned car if you still want to maintain some level of safety margin.

Deleted member

I would say even 400 wheel is unsafe on the stock block, it just depends if you are always going to run high octane or not.

400 Crank is probably your safest bet with a tuned car if you still want to maintain some level of safety margin.
400 is doable, but like you said depending on your octane. Usually you're going to want to go E30-E85 if you're going to push for those power numbers. The ethanol will add the pre-det protection.

I wouldn't advise 400whp on pump gas but it can be done.
Sponsored