Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

Rippermac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP A10
The stupid oil drain on the MY 18 up!! And don't try to convince me the options are better or not so freaking expensive!!
Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Seat belt design and placement hasn't improved in 20 years lol. The not being able to start my car in the mode I want. I have to reset it every time I get in the car. Females always telling me how pretty it is. Damn it its a mans car it not pretty. Its mean and very um... performancy looking ? that there is not rear seat release in the trunk, you have to twist in and get your driver seat setting all out of whack to release the rear seats. Little crap. Other then that the car is 98 percent amazing.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
The twisted seatbelts.. drives me nuts
Do you use those little leather strap things? I stopped using those because it seemed like they always twisted the seatbelt. Haven't had a problem since.
You could try this: Pull the seat belts out just enough past the side bolsters on the seats. Then let the seat belts re-coil and the tension will hold the the belt and buckle against the seat bolster. No more twisted belts but you have to mind the seat belt buckle when getting in. This works on cloth seats, maybe not the leather? Plus, you don't have to reach around so far to grab the buckle, just use your right hand to grab it at your left side.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I have just a couple of complaints:

1. Need more head room (I'm 6'8")
2. Twisted seatbelts.....I thought I was the only one, so I'm glad to see others complain about this.
3. Sync 3 calling my phone all the time when I first connect it with Bluetooth. Seriously annoying.
4. Paper thin paint

Like the car though despite the issues. As long as nothing major mechanical goes south, we'll be good.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
That I only have one. I need at least 3...possibly 4.

The CONSTANT temptation to mod it...

The fact that I can't even buy a cheeseburger with out a Camaro rolling up trying to race...

On a serious note:
The steering wheel doesnt tilt low enough (fixed in the 19s). Going to retrofit that column eventually.

The shifter is too notchy. -I hear an aftermarket shifter and weighted gt350 knob fixes this

The excess backlash forces me to drive supersmooth -which is making me a better driver overall so kinda good.

The high clutch engagement point

The steering rack could be tighter, and have less free play.

Ford cheaped out and didnt put diff and tranny coolers on all the cars and these cars desperately need them... The tranny Will roast u just driving in traffic. On a 5 hour road trip, or track day it gets so hot... It makes me fear for the long term longevity of the MT82. It and the rear diff needs oil coolers. I'm just glad I got the torsen rear. Even if ford only included the diff cooler as part of the performance package. I would have happily paid a bit more to have that... They got so close and the fact that we dont have a good aftermarket option for both is a really big problem.

That said i do like the warm tranny during the winter

But the number 1 thing i hate...
BUYING... TIRES...CONSTANTLY FOR FUCKS SAKE!

Last edited:

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
This car likes to be washed. A lot! Dang near every week. What's up with that?
It's the brake pads... I've given up trying to keep the wheels clean... You literally will only have a clean car for 30mins max

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
The shifter is too notchy. -I hear an aftermarket shifter and weighted gt350 knob fixes this
A longer throw shifter also helps. I think extension pieces for existing shift levers are commercially available.

Norm

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Not a terrible thing but a missed opportunity: The letters "MUSTANG" in the door sill illuminate with the chosen ambient color. Great, but there's a pony emblem right next to it, as part of the same piece, that doesn't. How much would it have killed Ford to just put the same backlighting behind that.

I'd actually rather have that than the pony projection lights under the mirrors. The coolness of that wore off for me after about a week -- maybe because I'm usually standing inside the door and don't see them -- but I still really enjoy the door sill lighting up (in a color that complements my interior).

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Agree with above poster and also the poor panel gaps, that one really drives me nuts.

TC

Hooch180

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maciej
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 5.0 (EU)
As for panel gaps. I was lucky. Only noticeable on hood and I'll ask for correction on my next check up. But those creaks and rattling drives me crazy sometimes.
Sponsored