Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford

• Mustang owners from all over Europe help Ford set a new world record for the most Ford Mustang sport cars gathered together in a single location
  • Ford’s world record-breaking Mustang gathering beats the previous record of 960 vehicles – also set by Ford in Toluca, Mexico, December 2017
  • Ford Mustang, the world’s best-selling sports coupe, sold 5,500 vehicles in Europe in the first half of 2019, a 3.7 per cent increase compared with the same period last year
COLOGNE, Germany, Sept. 9, 2019 – Examples from every generation of Mustang since the iconic sports car’s launch in 1964 converged on Ford’s Lommel Proving Ground on September 7, to help set a new world record for the largest number of Mustangs gathered in one place.

Ford smashed its own record of 960 vehicles, set in Toluca, Mexico on December 3, 2017, with 1,326 Mustangs from all over Europe making the pilgrimage to the Ford testing facility in Belgium.

Watch a video of the day here.

More Mustangs are sold in Belgium per head than any other country in Europe, making Ford’s Lommel Proving Ground the ideal location for the world record attempt. Now in its 55th year of production, Mustang was the world’s best-selling sports coupe for the fourth year in a row in 2018. Sales continued rising in the first half of 2019, which saw 5,500 sales in Europe, a 3.7 per cent increase compared with the same period last year.*

Lommel Proving Ground
Ford’s Lommel Proving Ground is where the company refines the sustainability, technology and driving dynamics of its vehicles in Europe. The facility covers an area of 3.22 km² and features 80 kilometres (50 miles) of track, some of which is designed to simulate public roads, while other tracks feature differing road surfaces enabling engineers to evaluate handling, braking, ride and comfort.
Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
That's not even close to a world record, I think?? American muscle show tops that and I would also think that all fords at Carlisle tops it too. I could be wrong so please correct me if needed! I've been wrong before. Either way, congrats to the ultimate pony car!

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
That's not even close to a world record, I think?? American muscle show tops that and I would also think that all fords at Carlisle tops it too. I could be wrong so please correct me if needed! I've been wrong before. Either way, congrats to the ultimate pony car!
I'm guessing those shows haven't entered to Guinness for the record, so it didn't officially count. They both should have them beat though.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
:idea:Mustang Enthusiasts should unite to not only break that new record, but to perform the largest ever unified burnout that could be seen from space....:like:

Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome.
aaa thumbs up mustang.jpg

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I was there. It was a neat experience. I believe the record that was actually broken was for a “parade” of Mustangs, but I could be mistaken.
I was there too,it was a brilliant day.
Yes the record was a continuous moving parade of mustangs on the track.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
It was indeed not an attempt at the biggest gathering of Mustangs ever (the US has had much bigger events in the past) but at forming the longest driving parade of Mustangs ever. The Charlotte event in April tried to smash that record (held by Mexico) and failed, but now the bar has been seriously raised :)

Besides the parade world record the event also was biggest gathering of Mustangs in one place in Europe ever.

The video included here is only a preview of a longer one that is still in the making.

Many thanks go out to the team of Ford Europe Proving Grounds in Lommel Belgium, who together with Adelbert Engler of The Mustang Garage made all this happen.

Over here we all hope this wakes up Ford USA and the MCA, because it is obvious that their lack of interest in helping out the Mustang Museum crew (who had to organize the 55th anniversary celebration in Charlotte all by themselves) has been rather shameful.

Sponsored

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Those are phenomenal pictures! Well done @Ericc B!
Sponsored