Sponsored

Opinions: Used 16 GT350 11K Miles - $44K

ComeIngotIt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT PP1
Have you tried looking in the "Mustangs for Sale" section of this forum? There are some pretty good deals to be had.
Sponsored

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 2 / 2012 Audi R8
I read your story and I have to say, none of that would put me off. My front splitter is scraped to hell. My driveway has a slight incline and when backing out, it scrapes. So what. Itā€™s not like itā€™s carbon fiber, its cheap plastic. I couldnā€™t care less about that or the paint chip on the leading edge of the hood I recently collected. Just have them attend to the sagging bumper and youā€™re good.

I wouldnā€™t expect a thousand dollar discount for any of that, itā€™ll just happen anyway when I own it. Itā€™s not a supercar, or a collectible car. Just pay the man and drive it. You wont regret it.

I took mine out today carving up the canyons around lake berryessa in Napa, Ca. The sound reverberating throughout the hills was unreal. Thatā€™s what this car is made for, and of course the track.

Itā€™s not meant to be babied or stored in a garage. Go have fun with it. Be a driver.

OP
OP
18usc371

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628
I read your story and I have to say, none of that would put me off. My front splitter is scraped to hell. My driveway has a slight incline and when backing out, it scrapes. So what. Itā€™s not like itā€™s carbon fiber, its cheap plastic. I couldnā€™t care less about that or the paint chip on the leading edge of the hood I recently collected. Just have them attend to the sagging bumper and youā€™re good.

I wouldnā€™t expect a thousand dollar discount for any of that, itā€™ll just happen anyway when I own it. Itā€™s not a supercar, or a collectible car. Just pay the man and drive it. You wont regret it.

I took mine out today carving up the canyons around lake berryessa in Napa, Ca. The sound reverberating throughout the hills was unreal. Thatā€™s what this car is made for, and of course the track.

Itā€™s not meant to be babied or stored in a garage. Go have fun with it. Be a driver.
Understood. I was just nitpicking all the defects I could find, mostly to bring up when the dealer started about the ā€œas newā€œ condition. None of those really bother me either.

So late this afternoon, I floated a price of 42,000. Weā€™ll see what they say.

Again thanks for the input.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Just for reference I bought my late 2017 8 months ago with 11K for $48K. It was a late model 17 (cartridge filter) with electronics pack (8" sync) original MSRP was ~$59K. It was pretty much flawless cosmetically, quartz coating and clearbra. Previous owner stated zero oil consumption and I have experienced the same. Having somebody tell me that there was zero oil consumption was something that in my book made it almost better than new. They could have been lying, but they were not. I think $44 is a little high for a 16.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Just for reference I bought my late 2017 8 months ago with 11K for $48K. It was a late model 17 (cartridge filter) with electronics pack (8" sync) original MSRP was ~$59K. It was pretty much flawless cosmetically, quartz coating and clearbra. Previous owner stated zero oil consumption and I have experienced the same. Having somebody tell me that there was zero oil consumption was something that in my book made it almost better than new. They could have been lying, but they were not. I think $44 is a little high for a 16.
Private sale? Makes sense. He's buying from a dealer...

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Private sale? Makes sense. He's buying from a dealer...
Actually I got it from a dealer but I live in a small town and I knew who's car it had been. Really too bad I wasn't able to hook up before he traded because I would have paid him more than the dealer gave him, which would have been less than I paid.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That was my first GT350. I can assure you I am no little old man, but yes, i did take good care of her.

A lot of the damage you describe was from the second owner. The chip on the front end was from the track. A bolt or screw came flying off a car and unfortunately, that's where it hit. The rear bumper had a little sag in it, but that is normal for these cars. You can easily fix it or have it repaired via the TSB that ford has for this issue.

I took very good care of the car. The engine was broken in 100% correct and the car never used any oil.

I traded her in for my first R, HR361. I am about to trade HR361 in towards the new GT500 CFTP

OP
OP
18usc371

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE:

So I purchased the vehicle two days ago. I ended up paying just under 43,000, 42,823 to be exact.

I love it!

Shortly, Iā€™m going to attend to the bumper sag and the paint issues. Other than that I plan to keep her stock.

I may add SYNC 3, 8 inch screen to the system, but weā€™ll see.

All in all I am very happy! The GT 350 lives up to its reputation.

I appreciate everyoneā€™s input, and good advice. Thanks Tomster for reaching out.

JohnVallo

1 5 4 8 3 7 2 6
Threads
Reaction score
Website
racersreunion.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350, Shadow Black, Whipple Supercharged
That was my first GT350. I can assure you I am no little old man, but yes, i did take good care of her.

A lot of the damage you describe was from the second owner. The chip on the front end was from the track. A bolt or screw came flying off a car and unfortunately, that's where it hit. The rear bumper had a little sag in it, but that is normal for these cars. You can easily fix it or have it repaired via the TSB that ford has for this issue.

I took very good care of the car. The engine was broken in 100% correct and the car never used any oil.

I traded her in for my first R, HR361. I am about to trade HR361 in towards the new GT500 CFTP
Congratulations Jim,

Tom, I should have realized... Daytona + New GT350 = Tom probably bought it.

Last edited:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
UPDATE:

So I purchased the vehicle two days ago. I ended up paying just under 43,000, 42,823 to be exact.

I love it!

Shortly, Iā€™m going to attend to the bumper sag and the paint issues. Other than that I plan to keep her stock.

I may add SYNC 3, 8 inch screen to the system, but weā€™ll see.

All in all I am very happy! The GT 350 lives up to its reputation.

I appreciate everyoneā€™s input, and good advice. Thanks Tomster for reaching out.
Thereā€™s a link to how to do the swap in the GT350 Basics link in my sig.

Crazy you were able to find @Tomster ā€˜s original GT350. Breaking in the engine properly would be the biggest question I would have in buying a used 350. Itā€™s great he could confirm this for you @18usc371 .

Congrats and good luck! Welcome.

Sponsored
OP
OP
18usc371

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Thereā€™s a link to how to do the swap in the GT350 Basics link in my sig.

Crazy you were able to find @Tomster ā€˜s original GT350. Breaking in the engine properly would be the biggest question I would have in buying a used 350. Itā€™s great he could confirm this for you @18usc371 .

Congrats and good luck! Welcome.
Hey thanks Tank!

I had already started to look at your very useful GT 350 links.

I did the sync 8ā€ swap on my 19 GT, so I am familiar with all the swap and forscan basics.

I am now on the hunt for the correct FCIM faceplate for the GT 350 interior, rather than the standard.

Again, thank you for the warm welcome.

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
Hello and welcome! I read all your thread and feel you did well. It's the exact color you desired, not modded, great tire cond.,
excellent cond. interior, easy panel gap fix and Sync 3 upgrade, AND hearing from Tomster re: properly broken-in, ......all in I'd say WELL DONE! Enjoy winding her out!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
She has (had) steeda camber plates and caliperfexion brake studs.

I'd probably get her cleaned up and paint repair the damage that the second owner did.

I sure would like to see her again someday. I hated trading her in.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT