HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'm doing this swap and have the cloth seats but the dog hair is becoming an issue and requires hours of cleaning.
Learned that lesson with my 2011. I wanted cloth seats. Then found out dog hairs (at least ours) somehow wove themselves into the fabric. Literally had to live with it or pull each hair out individually. LoL. Ended up buying new take-off leather from Roush.
Sponsored

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Flee bay sells new pull offs.

Total install takes about 6 hours. Have done this on my last 2 GTs.

Only thing that is needed is a few hog rings. I didn’t put staples back in the back seats.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Flee bay sells new pull offs.

Total install takes about 6 hours. Have done this on my last 2 GTs.

Only thing that is needed is a few hog rings. I didn’t put staples back in the back seats.
FWIW based on member threads here, If I was getting leather for my seats today, I would go with Katskin (sp?) or another similar company because of more choices, including better grades of leather.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
FWIW based on member threads here, If I was getting leather for my seats today, I would go with Katskin (sp?) or another similar company because of more choices, including better grades of leather.
Yeah the factory seat skins are crap. About half of it seems like pleather to me and the other half is leather backed vinyl. The fit and cost was the reason a went with the factory skins.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I bought a set of factory perforated leather seat covers on Ebay for my car for $350 and installed them myself, then sold the cloth covers here for $140 so total cost for leather was $210. No hog ring pliers needed. I've had Katzkin in the past and they are AWESOME...at first. After a couple years the dye on the leather started fading / wearing off so I went with factory this time.

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Still got my Katz on my daily driver putting on 2k per month and they look great! Very happy with them.
Sponsored