Sponsored

Bullitt Tire Rotation

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
It's not worth rotating them. You have to dismount the tires and swap them on the wheels so they will maintain the same direction. Just drive them until they wear out and replace. You might get an extra thousand or so miles by going through the hassle of rotating them. Not worth the time commitment for me to sit at the tire shop to get this done.
Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I hear what you’re saying...this applies only to Uni-directional tires!, stock 2019 BULLITT wheels can be swapped side to side on the same wheels.....I believe?? Right??

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I hear what you’re saying...this applies only to Uni-directional tires!, stock 2019 BULLITT wheels can be swapped side to side on the same wheels.....I believe?? Right??
You are correct, I got rid of the stock tires a while back so forgot. The MP4S are not uni-directional, they are only indicated as inside/outside. No issues with swapping them side to side.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
You are correct, I got rid of the stock tires a while back so forgot. The MP4S are not uni-directional, they are only indicated as inside/outside. No issues with swapping them side to side.
Hi - My dealership gives me a first oil change and rotation free, so why not. After that it’s $7 dollars extra for the rotation, which is reasonable and I will likely only be changing oil once a year at about 5,000 miles given that the car is off the road for the 5 winter months. I don’t have any idea what kind of milage to expect out of these tires under ideal conditions, but with the annual miles I do I will likely be buying new tires before these are fully used up because the ride deteriorates with too many years of use as the tires age and loose their resilience. At least that was my experience with the Vette that I had for 20 years. There was always a distinct improvement in ride when I put new tires on in spite of their not being worn out tread-wise. I’m pleased with the Michelin’s thus far, but I only use the car for pleasure driving. They are definitely quieter than the all season tires on my other vehicles... Bruce

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
The way things are going, I don't think my tires will make it 10,000 miles...

Sponsored

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
My rears definitely won't now that I've figured out the Line Lock :crackup: It's a race between the clutch and rear tires for vaporization, kind of like the race for my hair falling out or turning gray first.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
My P zeros on my 15 gt ....rears gone at 7000 mi. The fronts still looked good though. Not near the oem tire on the bullitts. The Michelens are very sticky good handling tires. We will see how they do in winter. I have a set of mich s3 AS tires on my pp wheels. I have options.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
If the wear is even, you can force ford to help you buy the next set. Even though it is a performance car, the tires are warranted. I Think you have half the expected life to do this. I know the stock tires only focus had to be replaced by ford do to aggressive / even wear.

Please note that if you are continually running line lock, they will probably laugh you out of the office.

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
If the wear is even, you can force ford to help you buy the next set. Even though it is a performance car, the tires are warranted. I Think you have half the expected life to do this. I know the stock tires only focus had to be replaced by ford do to aggressive / even wear.

Please note that if you are continually running line lock, they will probably laugh you out of the office.
They'll pro-rate the new rubber on an overpriced markup. Warranty isn't a case of getting a new set for free.

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
My rears definitely won't now that I've figured out the Line Lock :crackup: It's a race between the clutch and rear tires for vaporization, kind of like the race for my hair falling out or turning gray first.
Once the clutch is engaged it shouldn't slip any. Just for hoon you don't even need line lock to make smoke. Just make sure traction control is off. In fact you don't want to slip it much at all to roast them. Pop it fast, it can take it.

I found Line Lock finicky.

Sponsored

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
They'll pro-rate the new rubber on an overpriced markup. Warranty isn't a case of getting a new set for free.
I paid 75 bucks on 600 bucks worth of tires for my focus. Ford ate the rest. It all depends on how well your dealer can justify the issue to ford / tire mfg. In my case, the focus st came with crap p4s so... yeah... ford did right by me.

*edit* they could have been p6s... it was the only set of pirellis I ever used and like 13 years ago.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
kind of like the race for my hair falling out or turning gray first.
They get grey, they get stiff, then they fall out. :(

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN

My 15 with p zeros on it trashed the rears at 7000 mi. The kids at American tire always commented i was having fun

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 15 with p zeros on it trashed the rears at 7000 mi. The kids at American tire always commented i was having fun
Seems like the entire p line is trash on fords... these marshmallows though... oh, they get it done even with pp1. We will see how they hold up after the suspension gets tweaked.
Sponsored