Sponsored

Looks like there are still some new ones for sale after all 5 years...

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Good find!

The only minor problem for a potential buyer is if not buying cash, a standard Bank or Lender is not going to allow 100% financing of nearly $47k on a 2015 vehicle, not in 2019 and definitely not any year after.

Plus not to mention, even though they are still technically brand new cars - the 3/36 has expired solely based on the vehicle now being past 3 years old. Sure potential buyers can get a Ford ESP Warranty Plan, but that’s additional cost out of pocket.

Last edited:

mgh-tx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former owner of 2015 Mustang 50th Anniversary #1596
Good find!

The only minor problem for a potential buyer is if not buying cash, a standard Bank or Lender is not going to allow 100% financing of nearly $47k on a 2015 vehicle, not in 2019 and definitely not any year after.

Plus not to mention, even though they are still technically brand new cars - the 3/36 has expired solely based on the vehicle now being past 3 years old. Sure potential buyers can get a Ford ESP Warranty Plan, but that’s additional cost out of pocket.
Not true about the warranty if they have never been sold. I bought my 50th anniv. car just over a year ago new from the dealer and I received the full 3/36 factory warranty that started the day I took possession of the car.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Yep. Warranty doesn't start until it's sold. Within reason. A 20 year old car never titled obviously might be an issue.

Nice finds though. I would have considered it, but def not at 100% of sticker (the auto is a little under sticker). I ended up buying mgh-tx's from where he sold it. 400 MI, 2 years still on warranty (4 on the 5 year parts) and roughly 10k$ less than those.

#35 and #65. Low vin's.

OP
OP
y2ksilverbullit

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6
Yep. Warranty doesn't start until it's sold. Within reason. A 20 year old car never titled obviously might be an issue.

Nice finds though. I would have considered it, but def not at 100% of sticker (the auto is a little under sticker). I ended up buying mgh-tx's from where he sold it. 400 MI, 2 years still on warranty (4 on the 5 year parts) and roughly 10k$ less than those.

#35 and #65. Low vin's.
Looks like those are both manual cars. #35 is just listed wrong on the website. Makes me want my old one back now. I am more inclined to the auto in these cars however. That's the one thing that keeps me from getting a Bullitt. Those dreadful MT82 gear boxes. There is a Bullitt near me for less that sticker too, which makes it kind of tempting. That, and this GDI stuff has me kind of iffy on the newer motors.

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Ahh then it's sticker also.

I, too, prefer the auto. I still have a manual factory five so can go enjoy that. Wanting the auto is why I got another LE instead of a gt350r. I also considered a Bullitt. But just lazy in my daily driver now lol!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I can almost guarantee both dealers jacked up the price hoping for a big payoff and didn't realize the hype for them dropped till it was to late and both new and lightly used ones were well under MSRP. They found themselves in 2017 trying to sell near sticker when the 2018's were just around the corner. They have been stuck with them since.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anders Hansen
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 50 Year Limited Edition
I am just happy I have my # 1029 Wimbledon White, and just finished my 2nd leg on my circumnavigation of USA, but ended up in Key West again.
It will later go to Europe, and we have now the record of most Mustangs gathered in 1 place/event, beat that USA
Europe have taken the Icon of the road.
Thanks for the awesome car.
Anders

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
Anyone interested will have to question the dealer about the "new" status of the car. Based on a very similar post here last year, I saw what appeared to be my dream LE (Kona, Auto, Performance Pack), still brand new at the dealer with MSRP sticker as the listed selling price. When I inquired with the dealer about the car and how firm the price was, I learned the car was actually purchased by the previous owner of the dealership who never drove the car, he just left it sitting in the showroom for 3+ years, then he sold the dealership and the LE with it, so the new owners found themselves with a "used" 2015 LE Mustang with 52 miles on the odo but expired warranty and a sticker more than $10k higher than the average well equipped new GT. Even though they listed the car among their new inventory, it definitely was not new in terms of warranty coverage or having had a title issued.

Finding a truly new LE at this point I believe is just wishful thinking.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Just contacted the dealership via the link and on line chat... Smithtown Ford.... unwilling to show any pictures???? Great way to sell a car!! Christine was the on line chat gal!! They seem to want all your personal info including your contact info .....uh then one of our reps will call you!!! What a joke!!!! They show a pic of a Black 2015 Mustang EcoBoost or???

Sponsored

2015VAStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 HP , 21 f250 , 97 4runner, 22 Streetglide
Just contacted the dealership via the link and on line chat... Smithtown Ford.... unwilling to show any pictures???? Great way to sell a car!! Christine was the on line chat gal!! They seem to want all your personal info including your contact info .....uh then one of our reps will call you!!! What a joke!!!! They show a pic of a Black 2015 Mustang EcoBoost or???
I too went thru this same BS checking on a vehicle from a dealership. They didn't have the price listed and that's all I wanted. I dropped off the chat. I didn't feel like being hounded thru email calls and more...

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
As nice as it looks, it's still not technically a "new" car even with only 31 miles, it is correctly listed by the dealership as a used car.

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
the fact that a dealer has those things still sitting on the lot unsold shows some extreme incompetence

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm pay a new car price for a car that’s been sitting for 4 years.......no. That’s a lot of time specific maintenance that’s been passed, not to mention that batteries are rated at 3-5 years before replacement, tires are way past their prime, seals and gaskets that haven’t been bathed in fluids are getting dry and brittle, etc, etc....a few things to consider.
Sponsored