Air In Take Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
i was getting ready to drop $40 on a GreenFilter, now i'm just gonna have to wait to see how this pans out.
i've had too many k&n's in the past and am looking for a better filter,
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
for what will probably be a fairly low production item against other fairly large volume manufacturers like K&N and other large filter makers, the price point of $100. seems almost to be reasonable.
In order to get a more competitive price you would need high volume sales so the per unit cost of preproduction , testing, and initial trial production can be spread out and recouped.
JMHO.
good luck with this filter , hope it surpasses all your expectations, I'm looking forward to trying one out.
Please do not give them any ideas. They already get $129 for their Corvette filter. :lipssealed::facepalm::)
That said if’s it turns out as good as they say I’m in.

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT Premium
I also have the AEM filter. I really like it, but I am a bit worried about the micron level of filtration. From what I can tell from their description the newer nano filter media TKO appears to provide better filtration, while still offering better mass flow rate. So, we'll see how it compares. I may just make the switch, if the numbers are good enough.
Better filtration and better air flow is almost an oxymoron, I would expect it to do about same as the drop ins that are out there now. I just got my new build a month ago and will be ordering the standard aftermarket dry drop in filter for way less than $100 but I will keep an eye on this to see where it goes too.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Better filtration and better air flow is almost an oxymoron, I would expect it to do about same as the drop ins that are out there now. I just got my new build a month ago and will be ordering the standard aftermarket dry drop in filter for way less than $100 but I will keep an eye on this to see where it goes too.
That's why I'd like to see some real testing results before I even think about changing what I already have.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
It is an oxymoron... with old technology & conventional media. However as we repeatedly notated we are using a nanofiber for this filter and not the typical ol paper or gauze or cotton oiled fibers.

Its a fact that nanofibers provides the absolute best filtration and flow over standard media. Its non disputable.
Nanofibers are ultra fine, so much smaller and thinner than traditional spun fibers. This allows you to pack more filtering media in the same amount of space which will still allow air to flow but it creates a treacherous path for dirt & debris so it gets caught up and captured. With so much information available and with the ease of the internet, dont take my word on it, simply look it up...

As far as price.... Technically you're paying more. Typical O.E filters load up, get clogged resulting in loss of power and then you toss it and buy another. Repeat.
However our filter is washable so you'll have a clean breathable filter for many years. AND there is no oil.

I get it. Its different and we are obviously the new kid on the block, so I would probably say the same things if it was reversed. Nothing wrong with a stock O.E filter. Nothing wrong with other brands. However we are (and have) raised the bar for performance filters. Hopefully we can get you on board one day.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Too bad someone doesn’t make a high flow paper alternative for the 15-19 5.0 like we had for the Hemi. We could substitute the factory Hellcat filter which had almost twice the flow rate of the standard filter.
That seems strange. Why didn't Dodge use the Hellcat filter in all models after the Hellcat came out? More power (and mileage) is a sales plus on any model. I doubt the unit cost increase over the regular filter is peanuts (if anything) for Dodge. Makes me wonder if Dodge thinks the Hellcat filter lets more dirt thru and factors the increased warranty expenses into the Hellcat model price but not the other models.

GTStang64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Does anyone know from experience if the Airaide Jr kit or the K&n with the intake pipe and drop in are any good? I feel like the piping would make it smoother for air flow than the stock. I want to do the TKO drop in when it comes out but was thinking pair that with the intake tube it would flow really good. Thoughts?

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
If you can create a proven power adding drop in dry filter I would think you would have a winner. I want to keep my warranty without anything the dealer can latch onto to void it. For all those people saying they have to prove the part caused the issue, we all know how it really works. You are “guilty” until you can get a ruling from Ford or a civil court that your aftermarket intake tube, tune, etc. was not the cause of the problem.
This. Another proven option for some additional hp with only a filter replacement at a good price would be great. I'll be purchasing a K&N filter when I replace my stock paper one (soon) in my '18 GT. I think the K&Ns add around 5 hp; worth it for ~$50 considering I'd have to purchase the paper one anyway. I'm keeping the air intake box stock (and everything else) until the warranty expires (in late 2024). Eventually, after warranty, it'll be a full bolt-on + stage 2 (or 3 possibly) ported heads and possibly aftermarket cams. 600+ crank hp is feasible. I'm one that would rather have 600 naturally aspirated hp than 650 supercharged hp.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a believer in the 18+ OEM air box. Currently running a K&N drop in. Send me a free prototype dry air filter, I'll be your Guinea Pig.
Is 15-17 same as 18+ stock airbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.