Sponsored

Wiring harness for tweeters in 2020 mustang?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mazda Miata
I see Crutchfield has wiring harness adaptors for the 6.5" speakers in the doors.

From what I read the upgraded stereo 101A adds center dash speaker and 2 additional 3.5" door speakers...

Would I be correct changing to much better tweeters and woofers in doors be better sound than the 9 speaker system?

Do not like cutting factory wiring. So why no adaptors for tweeters ? So what is the best solution for changing tweeters ?

At home, using McIntosh audio and Magnepan 2 channel setup, preamp uses tubes. Used to good quality.

Dan
Sponsored

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Because the tweeters are still wired in parallel to the midrange speakers and crossed with just a capacitor.

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Adding to Cathul's correct statement.

Due to the stock tweeter not having it's own direct connection to the amp/radio, you can't just swap it out with another tweeter and have it sound good. It needs to be crossed over. Most folks that swap out the front door speakers in the 9 or 12 speaker Shaker systems wind up running new wires for the tweeters. Of course this also means you need an amp to power them. It's kind of "all or nothing" when trying to upgrade the Shaker systems.

Assuming you remove all HU processing via Forscan, you could put the passive crossover for your new 3-way component set in the door, and just attach the wires for the tweet to it. The factory tweet in the A-pillars connects to the midrange driver.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Does anyone know the location of the physical junction between the tweeter and the midrange? Is it in the drivers kick panel at the amp connector? Or at the body/door connector harness?

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
Currently upgrading mine now. Going with less speakers actually. Going to kill the center speaker, place a JL Audio C2 Component set up front in factory location. Remove the 3.5 speaker to make a custom brackets for an additional 1" tweeter from the 2nd component set where the 6.5's will go in the back deck. So one 12" Sundown in a custom box, 1 JL Audio 1000 mono amp, 4 channel JL Audio amp for mid/highs, two component sets and a Audio Control LC7i.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mazda Miata
Because the tweeters are still wired in parallel to the midrange speakers and crossed with just a capacitor.
In the base 6 speaker setup, where there is just tweeter and woofer in doors without midrange, are tweeters direct wired to woofer?

Dan

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Does anyone know the location of the physical junction between the tweeter and the midrange? Is it in the drivers kick panel at the amp connector? Or at the body/door connector harness?
I'd post this question in the big Stereo Information sticky thread. Probably get a quicker answer there. Down in the kick panels would make the most sense, but as I've not done my speaker upgrades yet I'm not sure.

Racemaster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skspeed.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush 2003 Marauder