damondewaynehuff84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package
Did you save any of your oem stuff?
I still have everything but the mufflers. Stock resonator is still on the car with the longtubes. I honestly thing if I put an hpipe and some bullet mufflers or resonators or even some super 10s or something, I would be happy with it! Just right now it sounds like I've got cherry bombs welded in and I'm pretty sure that's from the stock resonator.
Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I still have everything but the mufflers. Stock resonator is still on the car with the longtubes. I honestly thing if I put an hpipe and some bullet mufflers or resonators or even some super 10s or something, I would be happy with it! Just right now it sounds like I've got cherry bombs welded in and I'm pretty sure that's from the stock resonator.
The stock res is very raspy. Get the cjpp magnaflow it's easy to install and it'll be awesome.

Last edited:

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have catless LTs and had 12" Stainless Bros resonators installed just aft of the collectors in place of the cats and then they go into a Magnaflow Resonated X pipe and I have Pypes Street Pro axle backs that are a touring axle back similar to Borla touring or Roush touring axle backs. It cleaned up the rasp, got rid of most of the drone and it is much tamer from a volume standpoint. Very tame at idle and light throttle and but still speaks up under mid-heavier throttle. The resonators are straight through so there is no HP loss. I'm very pleased with the finished product. I know volume and sounds is a very personal thing and everyone has their own idea about what "perfect" sounds like but I'm pretty happy with what I have. It won't ever sound like my old Fox Body with Flowmasters but it does have a deeper sound than most Coyote cars.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
my setup is perfect for the TSP catless headers, at least to me. You are gonna need a mid resonator & good axleback. I tried welded in bullet mufflers but they did not get rid of the rasp/drone. But that was with SLP LM2 mufflers. Car sounds really smooth now & you can't tell it has LT's installed unless at WOT.

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I have catless LTs and had 12" Stainless Bros resonators installed just aft of the collectors in place of the cats and then they go into a Magnaflow Resonated X pipe and I have Pypes Street Pro axle backs that are a touring axle back similar to Borla touring or Roush touring axle backs. It cleaned up the rasp, got rid of most of the drone and it is much tamer from a volume standpoint. Very tame at idle and light throttle and but still speaks up under mid-heavier throttle. The resonators are straight through so there is no HP loss. I'm very pleased with the finished product. I know volume and sounds is a very personal thing and everyone has their own idea about what "perfect" sounds like but I'm pretty happy with what I have. It won't ever sound like my old Fox Body with Flowmasters but it does have a deeper sound than most Coyote cars.
I have pypes headers coming and an ARH 3" catback exhaust installed. I have two resonators welded in right now but from videos I really like the sound improvement of the magnaflow resonated x pipe. Do you think I could get by with welding it in and leaving the other resonators or would I need to get rid of them? Not sure how it would sound with both but I had these welded in when I had the cats in my stock manifd gutted to help with the rasp.

Sponsored

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stainless works catback gives a really nice sound. Basically no mufflers but long resonators. I just wish sometimes it would hit a little harder at low RPM. I keep thinking headers would be a good next step but not sure I want to tackle the installation.

I had a 4.6 with borla stingers and Mac catless prochamber and it sounded like the car in the bullitt movie but meaner. A perfect noise.
Sponsored