Sponsored

SCCA F-Street Setup. What's Everyone Done so Far?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Congrats James !

If you wouldn't mind sharing - what have you done to your car ? I have been considering going to CAM-C somewhere in the back of my mind but it seemed like a rabbit hole of mods/money and I certainly wouldn't want to make any engine changes / tunes that would have voided warranty...
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Dana - it was good to meet you and talk... I complete missed that cool exhaust I see on the pics right now - are these turn downs to meet the sound limit ?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats James !

If you wouldn't mind sharing - what have you done to your car ? I have been considering going to CAM-C somewhere in the back of my mind but it seemed like a rabbit hole of mods/money and I certainly wouldn't want to make any engine changes / tunes that would have voided warranty...
Well, he certainly proved that you don't need to spend 5 figures to have a car capable of winning. Here's to more of us on that train...

I'll let him speak to his setup, but I do know that he's stock powertrain.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Dana - it was good to meet you and talk... I complete missed that cool exhaust I see on the pics right now - are these turn downs to meet the sound limit ?
Yep. Turn downs for sound.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
James Paulson started listing his planned or already implemented CAMC modifications in this post in the CAM-C thread: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/scca-cam-c-thread.59737/page-6#post-2457655

Later in the thread he has more info and "pretty pictures" of the relatively low budget strut/shock/damper solution he is using.

Hopefully James will update the CAM-C thread.

I'm sticking with FS and don't want to change it from "decent autocross and great street car" just so I can be an also ran in a different class :-) . Plus I still remember 20 years of CMod in a Formula Ford which kind of spoiled me for any production car.

Regarding Dana's front end lift I looked at my collection of event pictures and none show such dramatic front end lift and rear squat. I don't know if that is simply due to no similar acceleration pics or if MagneRide in track mode is responsible.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

jpaulson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
James Paulson started listing his planned or already implemented CAMC modifications in this post in the CAM-C thread: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/scca-cam-c-thread.59737/page-6#post-2457655

Later in the thread he has more info and "pretty pictures" of the relatively low budget strut/shock/damper solution he is using.

Hopefully James will update the CAM-C thread.

I'm sticking with FS and don't want to change it from "decent autocross and great street car" just so I can be an also ran in a different class :-) . Plus I still remember 20 years of CMod in a Formula Ford which kind of spoiled me for any production car.

Regarding Dana's front end lift I looked at my collection of event pictures and none show such dramatic front end lift and rear squat. I don't know if that is simply due to no similar acceleration pics or if MagneRide in track mode is responsible.
I have received a few questions about setup. I will update the CAM thread in the next couple of days.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ford Racing X Pipe was all it took to blow sound at the local events.
Yeeesh. Glad the clubs around here aren't that restrictive.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
So here is a purely theoretical question - how difficult would it be to convert the car to PP2 and stay Street class compliant ? Mechanical things (springs, bars, wheels, splitter and spoiler) seem easy (unless the Magnaride shock/strut hardware is different - have not checked), but the calibrations for both suspension and nannies (assume it would be required too even though not used) ? Is it even feasible to get it or possibly to upload once available ?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So here is a purely theoretical question - how difficult would it be to convert the car to PP2 and stay Street class compliant ? Mechanical things (springs, bars, wheels, splitter and spoiler) seem easy (unless the Magnaride shock/strut hardware is different - have not checked), but the calibrations for both suspension and nannies (assume it would be required too even though not used) ? Is it even feasible to get it or possibly to upload once available ?
I believe you have to do all the calibration changes for ABS/TC and the Magneride, in addition to the springs / sways / wheels.

Based on what I was trying to assess going from base to PP, impossible (with what any of us would have access to) or far more difficult than it's worth.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Based on what I was trying to assess going from base to PP, impossible (with what any of us would have access to) or far more difficult than it's worth.
That's what I thought. (not thinking about going to BS obviously, more thinking of PP2 to FS scenario).

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That's what I thought. (not thinking about going to BS obviously, more thinking of PP2 to FS scenario).
Yeah, that's why I just was like F it, CAMC it is. I want to make the car drive how I want and CAM gives me a place to do that and is not that much harder index.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Regarding the MagneRide calibration between PP1 and PP2 I had an email conversation with one of the Ford MR calibration engineers last week regarding the Ford Performance Parts spring/bar/MR calibration kit. He said that the kit's cal is a little different from the oem PP2 calibration. The key point here is that you might be able to get a dealer to load the PP2 cal into your vehicle dynamics module (VDM) if you change the springs/bars to PP2. The engineer did say, I think, that the oem PP2 springs are "basically" the same as the Ford Performance spring rates so if you did the conversion you apparently should use the oem PP2 springs and maybe at least the bar you don't expect to ever change. He said that the oem PP2 front springs are slightly lower than the kit's front springs (the kit is for both standard and MR cars) because MR struts have more gas force spring rate.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9602-M

This is a non issue for me since my car is an automatic and PP2 is manual only.

Don't buy parts for any possible BS/FS class shuffle since I think the soonest anything can change is for the 2021 season.

Also from what the engineer said and what Mark Daddio said the 2019 GT 350 is a "huge" improvement over the previous GT350's. Plus according to Mark Daddio the optional dealer installed front camber plate will be BS legal in 2020. I haven't researched that but Mark is very reliable and well informed.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Thanks Dick - I'm not even close to buying anything. Just reading discussions on a other forum (btw - extremely interesting to read Sam's posts about 2015 test that always gets brought up whenever the FS car lineup comes up) made me think what if.

I might do a "test/car swap" with Ido of opportunity arises, other than that - focusing on driving better.
Sponsored