Colour choice

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I'm not picky about color. But, I do like variety, so I won't buy a car with the same color as what I have.... my Porsche is blue, BMW is gray, GT is white.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Well, based on my research, XPEL Fusion might do the trick.
Thoughts...

omens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Well, based on my research, XPEL Fusion might do the trick.
Thoughts...
Wrapping it yourself is extremely time consuming and almost impossible to make look perfect if you're not a reputable professional. Take it to a good shop . They'll have a number of good vinyl brands and use whatever they believe is the best.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Have you ever changed a car, merely for a particular colour?

I have a Black Mustang GT, PP1. But, back in 2017, I had a Magnetic colour, and much prefer that colour.

Currently, I have my car 'agent' looking for a Magentic GT PP1 or not, at a decent price. I feel as if the black is so common, and you can see every bloody spot on that thing, too...
British English from a Georgia denizen - most unusual.

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Right, I am going with XPEL Ultimate Plus for paint protection; from the mirrors to the headlights.
Then XPEL Fusion ceramic Coating.

All to be installed by a professional. The car will be washed, cleaned, clay barred, etcetera, prior to commencing the above.
It will take around 2 days, that includes curing...

Sponsored

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro

I have a Black Mustang GT, PP1. But, back in 2017, I had a Magnetic colour, and much prefer that colour.

Currently, I have my car 'agent' looking for a Magentic GT PP1 or not, at a decent price. I feel as if the black is so common, and you can see every bloody spot on that thing, too...
We just updated my wife's 2017 Santa Fe Turbo ultimate with a 2019 Santa Fe Turbo ultimate. The dealership didn't have any on the lot so they had to search for specific color combinations. The number one requirement was absolutely NO BLACK.

I will never own another black car.

Magnetic is a beautiful paint and looks awesome on the Mustang.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I have.

I traded a Ruby Red GT for a Grabber Blue GT back in 2010. Worth every penny as Grabber Blue is my absolute favorite color on a Mustang, bar none. Would do it again too. I miss that car.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I mostly special order and always order those in white or light tan (non-metalic) IF available. Same for the few I bought off lots. I've been surprised how many times you couldn't get white and had to order another color (had to spec champagne for my ATS, silver for SVT Focus, etc.). I don't think I would pass on a car model because I don't like any available color. Since many other colors are close seconds to my eye, I can't see me considering changing car over the color. If a color was that bad, I wouldn't buy it in the first place unless it was so insanely cheap I planned to flip it immediately.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Ruby red metallic,love it black vert top,interior and gloss black wheels

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
In 2008, chose a white 2009 GT/CS, passed on a DHG Bullitt and a dark gray GT500 because we were going on that long western desert trip. Didn't regret that color choice for a minute while traveling, notably in AZ, where it was 114 degrees. Still liked and like the color white on cars,

But if I'd chosen either of the other cars, we'd have been hot for a couple weeks, and might still have one of those cars.

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019

I am lucky here. I wanted a particular set of options that seem common but were very hard to find at this time of year during model end. when I told the salesman I was color indifferent he got real happy :) except I absolutely did not want black or the race red I think its called the one that looks like nail polish brite red. Black because it is a nightmare to keep clean and i live in the mountains with tree crap everywhere. The red because I personally just don't like that bright one stage paint look. other then that I was ok whatever.

I see lots of people not get cars they would enjoy over the color. I personally drive on the inside of the car and don't care about color other than if it's gonna be easy to maintain. which black is not. I am lucky to not have this color affliction LOL. so no I havnt not ever traded a car because of color but I have not bought a car because of black.

Other reason Im not fam of black. no contrast. no contrast of parts and no style. everything is just black. and once the plastics fade to grey from the sun they really stand out and look worse with black.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Use this stuff on the plastic trim. Keeps it black and protects from fading. It's basically magic. Doesn't use dyes or leave residue. It wipes off of paint with no issues.
589753472.jpg
I will definitely try it Im a big chemical guys fan.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Funny, I seem to remember cars having AC in the dark ages of 2008. I owned a black car too. Never had a problem keeping cool into the triple digits.
No doubt even the air conditioning in operation back there before the renaissance did a fine job of cooling the interior air of an exposed car, but what we avoided was the hunk o' hunk o' burning sensations between us and that cool air. OK, so I'm snowflake-ish. I'm entitled.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I thought about wrapping my car.
I would probably prefer a Kona Blue PP1 or even Magnetic and white were my top color choices. I ended up with white.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Use this stuff on the plastic trim. Keeps it black and protects from fading. It's basically magic. Doesn't use dyes or leave residue. It wipes off of paint with no issues.
589753472.jpg
I prefer 303 Aerospace, it does the same thing but is much cheaper.
Sponsored